Why I hate Bob Dylan's guts

wibble

Gigolo-Aunt

Man thats petty, and not in a Tom way.

Dylan has done some ****e, but when he is on it, he is brilliant.

Like in the clip.

Only two weeks until Dylan at the Playhouse. I've never seen him live before - anyone know what to expect on this tour? I hear there's a new album out.

I P Knightley
Only two weeks until Dylan at the Playhouse. I've never seen him live before - anyone know what to expect on this tour? I hear there's a new album out.

Sunshi*e on L**th?

Sunshi*e on L**th?

There are limits, even for rock deities. If he played it on the harmonica I might forgive him, though.

I saw him at the SECC a few years ago......was pretty dissapointed. About ?70 a ticket and most of the songs were unrecognisable (he plays pretty mental versions of his own tunes).

There was also no standing, and the people round about me were very particular about observing it (this isn't a criticism, they are of course entitled to want to sit, just annoying that there isn't a standing section).

Together through life - out a week on Monday :balloon:.

Very much looking forward to it.

The Vulture
I saw him at the SECC a few years ago......was pretty dissapointed. About ?70 a ticket and most of the songs were unrecognisable (he plays pretty mental versions of his own tunes).

There was also no standing, and the people round about me were very particular about observing it (this isn't a criticism, they are of course entitled to want to sit, just annoying that there isn't a standing section).

He was like that when he played in NZ when I saw him. Played Lay Lady Lay in funk. You wouldn't recognise the well known tunes until the chorus b ut couldn't sing along because of their randomness.

I would go and see him again, the way he changed the style of the songs showed what a genuis he really is.

He was like that when he played in NZ when I saw him. Played Lay Lady Lay in funk. You wouldn't recognise the well known tunes until the chorus b ut couldn't sing along because of their randomness.

I would go and see him again, the way he changed the style of the songs showed what a genuis he really is.

You could be right........or it could be he's a pretentious ****, or i suppose that he's pretty bored having played the same tunes for years on end!

The Vulture
You could be right........or it could be he's a pretentious ****, or i suppose that he's pretty bored having played the same tunes for years on end!

Think it's because he is bored, could you imagine having to play the one song continuously as it sounds in the original record year in year out ? Really hope he comes to Scotland again as I'd love to see him again. I'm going to miss this concert by a couple of days as I get back from my travels a few days after he plays. Seeing him change the whole layout to tunes he wrote just shows you what a genius he really is. You tempted to go along and pay your respects ?

Think it's because he is bored, could you imagine having to play the one song continuously as it sounds in the original record year in year out ? Really hope he comes to Scotland again as I'd love to see him again. I'm going to miss this concert by a couple of days as I get back from my travels a few days after he plays. Seeing him change the whole layout to tunes he wrote just shows you what a genius he really is. You tempted to go along and pay your respects ?

Nah, can't afford it unfortunately........i'll just stick to singing along to the original versions!:sorcerer:

Attached link gives a review and 'set' list played at each concert on his current European tour. The link is updated literally minutes after each concert is finished.

http://www.boblinks.com/dates.html#0801 ( scroll down to bottom of page for reviews and 'set' lists)

jambos are go!

Saw him the last time he was in Edinburgh on the historic Judas tour in the mid 60s. Was pretty but not in the same class as Simon and Garfunkel(supported by Gordon Lightfoot) at a not full Usher Hall a few years later.

If you go on Youtube you'll find Dylan doing a a live version of his great Working Man Blues that is the worst live performance I've ever heard/seen - including the dregs of X Factor.

• 2 weeks later...
Attached link gives a review and 'set' list played at each concert on his current European tour. The link is updated literally minutes after each concert is finished.

http://www.boblinks.com/dates.html#0801 ( scroll down to bottom of page for reviews and 'set' lists)

Thanks for that. No need to guess what the encores will be, then!

To whet the appetite of those going this evening, here's a clip of Bob at the ABC in Lothian Road in 1966. (Scroll down for clip.)

http://www.edinburghgigarchive.com/page2.htm

He was murder last night

The very reason I didn't get tickets. I'm a big fan and know that if I went to see him it would be one of stinking gigs.

The very reason I didn't get tickets. I'm a big fan and know that if I went to see him it would be one of stinking gigs.

Couldn't disagree more Taz, I though he was excellent. You should have went.

I thought he was excellent too. Great band, great sound, really good versions of the songs. Brilliant.

I thought he was excellent too. Great band, great sound, really good versions of the songs. Brilliant.

Bugger. Sounds like I should have challenged my fear of seeing him live.

Last night seems to be the only date on the current tour when he has made more than one appearance on guitar (four songs) and varied the encores (no Spirit On The Water).

Tommy Wiseau

Brilliant on Saturday night at the SECC.

Like A Rolling Stone was one of the greatest moments I've ever had the privilege to witness live.

Ended it with this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-1VJaAJClI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbobdylantour2007.blogspot.com%2F2009%2F05%2Fbob-dylan-tour-2009-setlist-and-reviews_02.html&feature=player_embedded

Barry.

I was really disappointed with the concert last night. Maybe we were too close to the stage left speakers but i thought some of the arrangements were really contrived and found it difficult to recognise a lot of the songs.... Thought he was better last time round at the SECC.

My views were shared with Auld Jock who climbed out of his bath chair for the evening.. (prob on as a guest as I write) :booze:

Archived