Davie Dodds

Era Macaroons

Whats your point caller?? what has this to do with Hearts FC, everyone knows he was known as the Elephant man plus he liked to mess around with school dinner ladies in Dundee behind his wifes back and also run the worst pub in Dundee City Centre where no one would ever go near ''The Rendezvous''

Plus the pic is spot on lol!

Era Macaroons

as much point as anything else

the billy dodds thread had me disapointed it wasnt a Davie Dodds thread so Id thought Id start one....nestalgia etc

great player to talk about , was well worthy of a jersey.....and made me feel handsome:sorcerer:

Era Macaroons

bet his pub was a great place to go to pick up burds,n ma dinner ladies were all size 10

Actually Davie Dodds doesnt even like to talk about his career , we have spoken on several occasions in his dodgy boozer he once had...Played for United then went to france then Aberdeen then rankgers......heres a teaser for you name 4 players who played for Dundee United, Hearts, Rangers and also represented Scotland???

Era Macaroons

strugg...

erm...cannae think of many weve had from Utd that have then gone on to rangers..& jocks so mibi its folk that ended at Utd ....heres some guesses some will be AWOL

the gothenburg losing team

Andy Gray again

Levein but he wasnt at gers

Jim McLean & his rodent bro....couldny be his bro

Terry Mc Dermott

or is one of em thompson? our goalie for a while?

erm...

gies some clues

Say What Again
Is Paul Ritchie one ? (Does he count as having 'played' for the huns?)

I would say that's right.

Good shout.

Great player, best ive seen in Tangerine, apart fi Narey n Andy Gray

The unacceptable face of scottish football!

Whats your point caller?? what has this to do with Hearts FC, everyone knows he was known as the Elephant man plus he liked to mess around with school dinner ladies in Dundee behind his wifes back and also run the worst pub in Dundee City Centre where no one would ever go near ''The Rendezvous''

Plus the pic is spot on lol!

I seem to recall a game at Tannadice in the 80s where Hearts fans had a big banner with 'Davie Dodds - Elephant Man' which for some reason Plod took great exception to and seized from its owners.

Davie Dodds, Elephant Man

(Repeat as desired)

All together now

Actually Davie Dodds doesnt even like to talk about his career , we have spoken on several occasions in his dodgy boozer he once had...Played for United then went to france then Aberdeen then rankgers......heres a teaser for you name 4 players who played for Dundee United, Hearts, Rangers and also represented Scotland???

Thought he played for a Swiss team after DU .......Neuchatel Xamax?

And .... Ian Ferguson, Steven Pressley, Paul Ritchie and Gary (wee fat striker guy aaaaaaah)

Buffalo Bill

I have this theory that the great Dundee Utd team of the 80s were the squarest looking squad in history.

I mean really, look at the evidence:

Dodds, Narey, Heggarty, Malpas, Bannon, Sturrock, the full back with the tache etc.

OMFG Hamish McAlpine.

Talk about beige slacks and the latest Luther van Dross cassette!

That's what Era Macaroons is talking about.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown

Davie Dodds - as ugly as sin but I always thought he was a decent player and dangerous in the box even if he did look goofy & ungainly - Sturrock & him formed a good partnership.

I seem to recall a game at Tannadice in the 80s where Hearts fans had a big banner with 'Davie Dodds - Elephant Man' which for some reason Plod took great exception to and seized from its owners.

It was also at Hampden at the semi final ha ha

FTH.

I have this theory that the great Dundee Utd team of the 80s were the squarest looking squad in history.

Dodds, Narey, Heggarty, Malpas, Bannon, Sturrock, the full back with the tache etc.

OMFG Hamish McAlpine.

Buffalo Bill

Got to take exception to Sturrock's inclusion in your list BB.

I thought he looked quite cool ( on the pitch ) with the socks rolled down and oversized shirt outside his shorts.

But, you're right, he was probably Man from C&A off duty.

Era Macaroons

OMFG Hamish McAlpine.

Buffalo Bill

You are indeed a mind reader Mr Bill

and I agree , its no suprise they did as well as they did in the 80s , other euro teams must have thought they were playing against William Wallaces army when they turned up.

Era Macaroons
Got to take exception to Sturrock's inclusion in your list BB.

I thought he looked quite cool ( on the pitch ) with the socks rolled down and oversized shirt outside his shorts.

But, you're right, he was probably Man from C&A off duty.

Sturrock was responsible for 1000's of schoolboys going home with gashed shins!

Era Macaroons
why

I was curious about this as well...just why do folk post and contribute nothing?

Era Macaroons
The unacceptable face of scottish football!

i googed Jim Farry n this came up..all the same s'pose :10800:

barry-ferguson-965095521_thumb.jpg

Archived