Tullberg

Coco

He has now played bit parts in a number of games.

Anyone think that he should be offered a longer term contract?

My view is that he has as yet not shown anything to deserve one.

Chris Benoit

Agree so far but to be fair to the guy he hasn't had alot of time on the pitch to impress but realistically we should be looking at new targets for next season

I'd be tempted o extend it to mid January, let him have pre-season and if he keeps his fitness and impresses extend it for the season as I'm sure there must be something there for us to sign him in the first place

heartsfc_fan

To be fair to the guy he hasn't really had much of a chance to show what he can do.

Hopefully we will have 3rd place tied up by the last game or 2 (fingers crossed!) and guys like Tullberg and Templeton can get sometime to play.

I know this isn't the best basis on which to base my opinion of a player's ability, but his attitude to getting back to fitness when injured impressed me.

I read an article before his comeback (December, I think) in which he was genuinely gutted to be out for so long, showed a willingness to succeed at us and was desperate for the pans to be patient with him. That's more than what can be said about previously-injured players.

He's not really had a chance to show us what he can do. The timing of his injury (and comeback, actually) is unfortunate. If possible, I would like him to get a full pre-seaon behind him, and a contract 'til January 2010; he looks like the sort of strapping striker we could do with.

Cut The Crap
He's played like a total of 28 minutes since he came back.

You're right - seems Csaba doesn't much fancy him either.

Given the parlous state of our finances, I don't see how we can take the risk.

It is guys like Tullberg that are keeping the youth back from breaking through imo,we had the same problem with the Bosnian Bullet and Makela.

These guys are just taking up valuable shirt space that a promising youngster on a tenth of the wage could be filling.

It ends up the club feel because of the wages they are paying that the guy must have a place somewhere in the squad,lets learn from our previous mistakes and empty him instead of living in the hope that he comes good.

Personally I would give him a short term deal. Let him have this pre-season to get back to fitness and see how he performs in the team after that. He hasn't had enough games this season to show what he can do. I'm sure Csaba will have a good idea on whether he wants to keep or sell him from what he sees in training.

It is guys like Tullberg that are keeping the youth back from breaking through imo,we had the same problem with the Bosnian Bullet and Makela.These guys are just taking up valuable shirt space that a promising youngster on a tenth of the wage could be filling.

It ends up the club feel because of the wages they are paying that the guy must have a place somewhere in the squad,lets learn from our previous mistakes and empty him instead of living in the hope that he comes good.

No offence but that's ******, Beslija and Makela spent most of their time at the club nowhere near the first team at the their time at the club

I trust Csaba's judgement on when it is time for a youngster to play, the fact that he has turned the reserves into an U-23 team with a couple of 1st teamers mixed in, they'll get their chance before the end of the season. Next season will be their chance to prove themselves

Not sure I've actually seen him touch the ball yet, so I'll hold off on judging him!

That might be something of an indictment as to his ability *

*depending on how many of the games he has played in that you have been to:sorcerer:

Mr Quagmire

My View is that he needs more than 150 mins to prove himself.

FGS remember Obua Coco ?? :smug2:

:

Sierra Delta

Can't really judge him at all seeing as he has only came on for the last few minutes in games.

I'd like us to extend his loan for a little longer if we can, he must've shown some promise if Csaba has persisted with him and his injuries for so long surely?

Hopefully we'll secure third with a couple of games left and he can get a few games under his belt to see if he's any good.

That might be something of an indictment as to his ability *

*depending on how many of the games he has played in that you have been to:sorcerer:

You could be right, as I've been to almost all the games he's played in!

Chris Benoit
If Csaba wants to keep him, I trust his judgement.

sums it up nicely but i think the fact that Csaba is looking at other striking options means he aint gonna be here next season which is a pity cos i think he could've been a good player for us

I don't think one single person on this board could possibly determine Tullberg's ability within 50% of actuality. It's a pointless discussion (doesn't mean we shouldn't have it - that's what footy's aboot!)

I said this on another Tullberg thread - how often do you hear of players saying a season was ruined by not having a pre-season. You're always on catch-up from then on in. Not saying I agree, but it's often said. It's very very difficult to come into a team in April and hit the ground running

Look at how long big Obua, like most players coming to a league like the SPL, took to settle into the style and tempo.

Add the two aspects of big Mike's season together and he's got no hope! I don't particularly think what he does on the pitch will be what the decision is based on.

Csaba sees the lad every day in training. If he reckons he's guid, he'll try to sign him; if he reckons he's no guid enough, he won't simple as that, and I'll be happy either way!

As for him then hogging a jersey that could be filled by a young Scottish laddy. Wake up, funboy!! Bruno Aguiar is keeping Husband out the team, it's a disgrace!!!!

Not even close to enough time to prove himself. The guy was out for a ridiculous amount of time, has had a small amount of minutes playing without being back to full fitness and without the chance to gel with the team and adapt to the SPL. If Csaba sees something there, then he's worth keeping. However, it is mostly up to Reggina it seems. If they want him back, he'll have to go - if not, free to stay and probably quite cheaply since not many clubs will want him in this state. Pre-season would help him.

From the responses so far it would suggest that no-one has seen anything from Tullberg on the pitch to suggest that he is worth keeping on, though of course - as in the OP - almost all have mentioned how little he has played.

No one has commented on his runs off the ball, his aggression in winning the ball, his touch, his aerial ability, his layoffs, his positional sense or anything like that. That speaks volumes.

Ryan Gosling
From the responses so far it would suggest that no-one has seen anything from Tullberg on the pitch to suggest that he is worth keeping on, though of course - as in the OP - almost all have mentioned how little he has played.

No one has commented on his runs off the ball, his aggression in winning the ball, his touch, his aerial ability, his layoffs, his positional sense or anything like that. That speaks volumes.

Coco, at what point has he been given the chance to do these things?

ALL of his appearances have occurred when we've been defending a lead or a draw (OF games). The only thing I can recall was when Elliot had the chance to score at Ibrox and could have squared it to Tullberg. The last time he played more than 20 mins for the first team was October.

What's with the vendetta?

Coco, at what point has he been given the chance to do these things?

ALL of his appearances have occurred when we've been defending a lead or a draw (OF games). The only thing I can recall was when Elliot had the chance to score at Ibrox and could have squared it to Tullberg. The last time he played more than 20 mins for the first team was October.

What's with the vendetta?

Not a vendetta. I can understand people who think that the manager can do no wrong and deserves to be given a chance in choosing and playing his players. We have also had many players who have shone after a very slow start. Tullberg has clearly had a bad injury and is sluggish as a result.

But he is here on a season long loan if I understand right. He's played short spells in some games - and I can't recall him doing anything at all (the sorts of things I mentioned in my last post). Complete non-event. And we have only got 8 more games this year for him to do anything on the pitch before the loan ends and presumably the Club make a decision.

Surely you expect a player to have shown something for him to be kept on?

Not a vendetta. I can understand people who think that the manager can do no wrong and deserves to be given a chance in choosing and playing his players. We have also had many players who have shone after a very slow start. Tullberg has clearly had a bad injury and is sluggish as a result.

But he is here on a season long loan if I understand right. He's played short spells in some games - and I can't recall him doing anything at all (the sorts of things I mentioned in my last post). Complete non-event. And we have only got 8 more games this year for him to do anything on the pitch before the loan ends and presumably the Club make a decision.

Surely you expect a player to have shown something for him to be kept on?

We playing an extra 2 games? Should help us get enough points for 3rd

Yer speakin oot yer nethers man. The boys no had a chance to do anything you want him to. If he's doing it in training, which I assume you aren't party to, then Csaba will know if he has it or not.

If he signs, I'll assume he's a good player and look forward to him next season. If he doesn't, I'll forget him instantly, but wish him luck before I do.

No offence but that's ******, Beslija and Makela spent most of their time at the club nowhere near the first team at the their time at the club

I trust Csaba's judgement on when it is time for a youngster to play, the fact that he has turned the reserves into an U-23 team with a couple of 1st teamers mixed in, they'll get their chance before the end of the season. Next season will be their chance to prove themselves

I think my comparison with Bes and Tullberg is pretty spot on apart from the fact fortunately we didn't shell out a fee for Tullberg,in fact Beslija actually showed a bit more in the bit parts he did play.

Charlie-Brown

Given most of this season has been wiped out for Tullberg because of injuries it would seem sensible for Hearts to try to arrange another 6 or 12 month loan deal with the option to buy if Csaba wants to try to keep him & of course if the player & his Italian club are agreeable .... anyway we fans have seen far too little evidence so far to decide one way or another.

We playing an extra 2 games? Should help us get enough points for 3rd

Yer speakin oot yer nethers man. The boys no had a chance to do anything you want him to. If he's doing it in training, which I assume you aren't party to, then Csaba will know if he has it or not.

If he signs, I'll assume he's a good player and look forward to him next season. If he doesn't, I'll forget him instantly, but wish him luck before I do.

Agree with all that.

The Comedian
It is guys like Tullberg that are keeping the youth back from breaking through imo,we had the same problem with the Bosnian Bullet and Makela.

These guys are just taking up valuable shirt space that a promising youngster on a tenth of the wage could be filling.

Great post, I fully agree.

We should have sent him back as soon as we knew his injury would rule him out for any decent length of time. Been a waste of money and I can't see him getting much game time til the end of the season unless Nade or Clum get injured. As it looks like he's going to be hear til the summer though we might as well see what he can do in pre-season and possibly give him another 6 months to prove his worth.

Jambof3tornado

Whether he stays or goes will come down to 2 things,costs and whether Csaba wants him to stay. If he is going to be too expensive anyway and perhaps Csaba knows this then the boy is out the door. If however Csaba thinks theres a talent there he can work with and the price is right then sign him up.

Right now its a buyers market when it comes to footballers and I for one think Csaba will pull some real gems from out of nowhere,

In Csaba we trust!!

Guest jambomickey

not seen enough of him to judge if he's a good player or not.

Given most of this season has been wiped out for Tullberg because of injuries it would seem sensible for Hearts to try to arrange another 6 or 12 month loan deal with the option to buy if Csaba wants to try to keep him & of course if the player & his Italian club are agreeable .... anyway we fans have seen far too little evidence so far to decide one way or another.

I agree.

If Laszlo thinks there is something there, give him another chance IMO.

Ryan Gosling
I agree.

If Laszlo thinks there is something there, give him another chance IMO.

I think it makes sense, if Csaba wishes, to give him another six month deal.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Coco mate, you are being a bit ridiculous here but I see what your saying re him not doing enough to be kept on ... in theory, he hasn't. I wouldn't complain either way if he was kept on or told to go.

The simple fact is though you can't judge his 8 minute appearances with any real conviction. To say it speaks volumes that no one has mentioned this or that is just mental. You aren't considering what the circumstances of the game are when he is making his appearances (tight game with Celtic/Rangers for example) and you aren't taking into account just how hard it is for a sub to make any impact at all, especially one who hasn't adapted to the Scottish game yet.

Given that we ourselves are financially hamstrung, awarding someone whose quadriceps appear to be in an even worse state would, in my opinion, be fiscally foolish, though those two words are not entirely alien to Hearts. He hasn't played seventy games in 6 (six) years of competitive football, so it is a tad naive to consider him as being especially unfortunate in Edinburgh.

at the end of the day, its entirely up to Reggina his club in Italy, if they want him back, then it wont be up to Tullberg or Hearts to decide his future, one things for sure i wouldnt pay a transfer fee for the guy.

Chris Benoit
Nobody has any opinion on his football ability at all?

Unfortunately Coco we've never had the chance to see enough to form an opinion

People arent willing to judge him on what they've seen, why cant you get that through your heid, your trying to win an argument on semantics, pathetic.

Unfortunately Coco we've never had the chance to see enough to form an opinion

You can't have a fully formed opinion as mentioned in the OP and other posts, because it would be unfair on the player.

But you can have a 'work in progress' opinion on the player.

You can't have a fully formed opinion as mentioned in the OP and other posts, because it would be unfair on the player.

But you can have a 'work in progress' opinion on the player.

Why are you going all out to be a dick? You're arguing a nonsensical point and then acting like you've won a victory when no one answers. You havent stumped people with your amazing debating skills. All youv'e done is show how small a person you really are and how much you need to win petty arguments on a forum

It's hard to do so when he has accumulated about 4 touches of the ball the whole season.

It's hard to do so when he has accumulated about 4 touches of the ball the whole season.

You could tell instantly that Jankauskas had presence and great control, that Bednar was fantastic off the ball, that Beniusis and Klimek were terrible, that Pospisil struggled when confronted with defenders, that Velicka's game was all about shooting, that Mole lacked confidence, that Glen had plenty confidence ... all from their first appearances.

Archived