Upgrading a kitchen

Jamboy81

I've just bought a new pad and would like to tart up the kitchen a bit. There's nothing much wrong with the one thats there but would be nice to have a fresh look, black worktops and maybe do away with the standalone cooker and install an oven and hob. Is there a way to do this without it bankrupting me?

Tiberius Stinkfinger
I've just bought a new pad and would like to tart up the kitchen a bit. There's nothing much wrong with the one thats there but would be nice to have a fresh look, black worktops and maybe do away with the standalone cooker and install an oven and hob. Is there a way to do this without it bankrupting me?

No way..

It will cost you thousands.

t10171d7_display.jpg

I've got the smallest kitchen in Scotland and had two quotes one at ?3300 from some lot from Fife 9think theyve a place in Gorgie Rd anaw) and another over ?5000 from DM Design. Both without any appliances.

Needless to say the kitchens still a s***hle

If there's nothing wrong with the kitchen I recommend you stop being a woman and spend your money on computer games and such and such.

Gaylord.

Any young man that thinks about this sort of stuff is wrong.

IMO.

jack D and coke

There's a place in musselburgh that just replaces doors and worktops. Alba kitchens i think they're called or just fire into B&Q and see if they have some worktops or appliances on offer. My brother got new doors from there not long ago for next to nowt. Howdens are another i would try. Only find them in industrial estate's though but they do good deals. Big place in musselburgh too. I got my kitchen in there.

There's a place in musselburgh that just replaces doors and worktops. Alba kitchens i think they're called or just fire into B&Q and see if they have some worktops or appliances on offer. My brother got new doors from there not long ago for next to nowt. Howdens are another i would try. Only find them in industrial estate's though but they do good deals. Big place in musselburgh too. I got my kitchen in there.

Cheers will maybe get Alba out for a free Survey :sorcerer:

Its a free survey but then they'll have your contact details and pester you til you give in and let them fit you a horrendously overpriced kitchen you don't like!!! just a theory like.

jack D and coke

I dont think they're the cheapest like but its only a survey. Howdens and B&Q are both worth a look though. They've always got stock they're tryin to get shot of. When i went to Howdens the boy kept phoning me and knocking more and more off the price. The now they'll be desperate to make sales like. B&Q are toiling big time as well. Squeeze them to **** man, they'll knock stacks of the prices i reckon.

I dont think they're the cheapest like but its only a survey. Howdens and B&Q are both worth a look though. They've always got stock they're tryin to get shot of. When i went to Howdens the boy kept phoning me and knocking more and more off the price. The now they'll be desperate to make sales like. B&Q are toiling big time as well. Squeeze them to **** man, they'll knock stacks of the prices i reckon.

Aye i'll check it out mate. I've had to shove all the cash i had into a deposit though so it's goin to be tight anyway. Even a new worktop would make a difference. I'd even do it myself if i wasn't so pish at DIY.

scots civil war

im a joiner and i dont rip people off

anyone can pm me if they want a top job done

im busy for the next couple of weeks,after that im available

Carl Spackler

Kitchens are a piece of p&^s! Units are normally standard sized and replacing doors and worktops really isn't difficult.

Nothing wrong with IKEA in my opinion especially if that's what your base units are. Howden's get a decent name I think. They used to be an arm of MFI. Are they still on the go? I don't know about B&Q.

If you aren't into DIY get a joiner. Kitchen companies will take a premium which unless you are flush and wanting something high spec I wouldn't bother with.

As long as you aren't moving the cooker you shouldn't have too much bother but you might need a plumber (if gas) or a spark for an hour or so. Normally your joiner has a mate who can help.

Kitchens are a piece of p&^s! Units are normally standard sized and replacing doors and worktops really isn't difficult.

Nothing wrong with IKEA in my opinion especially if that's what your base units are. Howden's get a decent name I think. They used to be an arm of MFI. Are they still on the go? I don't know about B&Q.

If you aren't into DIY get a joiner. Kitchen companies will take a premium which unless you are flush and wanting something high spec I wouldn't bother with.

As long as you aren't moving the cooker you shouldn't have too much bother but you might need a plumber (if gas) or a spark for an hour or so. Normally your joiner has a mate who can help.

The Mrs has just had the Kitchen done we went to ikea not the biggest in the world but nice kitchen and done for under ?1500

Archived