Zeroes to Heroes

The White Cockade

The White Cockade

Zaliukas, Wallace, Elliot, Stewart, Driver, Obua and others have been slaughtered on here by a lot of people but are now making people choke on their words

Anyone else due a good slagging to transform them in to world beaters?

Hopefully it will work with Nade and Balogh too.

I think that pair have a lot of talent and owe the fans and their team mates a few top drawer performances in the run in.

I think that pair have a lot of talent and owe the fans and their team mates a few top drawer performances in the run in.

I think the word 'owe' is a bit strong mate. I don't think either have lacked in effort from what I've seen, heard etc this season. Big Nads has had a pretty thankless task this season and playing a game which doesnt suit him (despite his size, i dont see him as a CF who plays with his back to goal) and Balogh, well he's done more good than bad has he not? Ofcourse I've only been to 3 or 4 games this season, but I think these guys have done OK for us.

That's not a rant by the way! And I realise you weren't being negative.

I really want big Tullberg to work out atleast for the rest of the season but it's looking unlikely for the guy. So hard to basically start your season in April though. Shame.

I think the word 'owe' is a bit strong mate. I don't think either have lacked in effort from what I've seen, heard etc this season. Big Nads has had a pretty thankless task this season and playing a game which doesnt suit him (despite his size, i dont see him as a CF who plays with his back to goal) and Balogh, well he's done more good than bad has he not? Ofcourse I've only been to 3 or 4 games this season, but I think these guys have done OK for us.

That's not a rant by the way! And I realise you weren't being negative.

I really want big Tullberg to work out atleast for the rest of the season but it's looking unlikely for the guy. So hard to basically start your season in April though. Shame.

You're probably right and I am a massive Nade fan. I just wish he would start to repay the faith that some of us have shown in him since he got here with a few strikers finishes - kind of like Calum's 2nd goal v Killie.

I'm sure he's got it in him and his celebration against Aberdeen when he scored was a joy to watch.

Balogh has been solid yet nothing amazing in my view. Maybe i've just been spoiled by watching Gordon, Niemi and Rousset but i'd like to see a wee bit more from him until i'm convinced that he is the man for us for the forseeable.

I'd also like to see Tullberg play well for Hearts but i've a feeling that's just not likely to happen for him.

Zaliukas, Wallace, Elliot, Stewart, Driver, Obua and others have been slaughtered on here by a lot of people but are now making people choke on their words

Are they? Sorry but any criticism the above have recieved for past poor performances was imho justified! An upturn in form doesn't make anyone a worldbeater, that term can only be used on a few exceptional players that have performed at the highest level for a number of years! Oh and can't remember Driver being slaughtered!

Why are you including Balogh in this, he made a mistake against Celtic but more than made up for it during the match and apart from being sent of againt the ****e I dont think he's done anything to merit chastising.

Why are you including Balogh in this, he made a mistake against Celtic but more than made up for it during the match and apart from being sent of againt the ****e I dont think he's done anything to merit chastising.

I didn't chastise him.

I just don't think he's been all that spectacular.

He doesn't come out for crosses enough, he made that mistake against Celtic and i don't think he commands his area well enough. I also think he has some improvements that he needs to make and he is probably the best goalie at the club.

The Mighty Thor

Balogh has been OK. Nothing more. As Cosa said we've been spoiled with very good keepers at Hearts in the last 10 years. (with a few notable exceptions).

He's a bit prone to flapping and doesn't command his 6 yard box enough for me.

I'd have rather we let Jamie Mc have a run but Csaba clearly rates Balogh. It's up to him now to do the biz and repay the faith.

I didn't chastise him.

He doesn't come out for crosses enough, he made that mistake against Celtic and i don't think he commands his area well enough. I also think he has some improvements that he needs to make and he is probably the best goalie at the club.

I agree, he has looked a decent keeper but he looks really vulnerable when defending set-pieces. Remember our first game against Celtic this season when he punched rather than caught the ball and aloowed Maloney to score. That's two games at home to Celtic where he has been responsible for us going 1-0 down.

I think this is all down to one man...Csaba Lazlo. He has given them the confidence they need.

All that needs to be said.

After 10 months Frail is now at the level he should have been at Hearts - U19 coach.

Players are now performing as a team thanks to minimum tweaking of the team sheet each week. If for nothing else, Csaba should be applauded for that.

In saying that, I'm still twitchy about the squad for next season.

All that needs to be said.

After 10 months Frail is now at the level he should have been at Hearts - U19 coach.

Players are now performing as a team thanks to minimum tweaking of the team sheet each week. If for nothing else, Csaba should be applauded for that.

In saying that, I'm still twitchy about the squad for next season.

It wasnt Frail that messed up the confidence and motivation of the players. He was just the final scapegoat

There was 2 years of pesh that beat the players into the ground before that that really caused the damage

I dont know why there are so many people on here so desperate to roll up all our gash football for 2 years into one 6 month spell when we probably had as good a run of results as we had had in the previous 2 years...

It does go to prove however when some people were saying that the players werent that bad, that the club was just a rudderless shambles and they just needed a proper manager to be left alone to do his job there was some sense in that.

I didn't chastise him.

I personally dont think Balogh has done enough to be recognised as outright no 1 keeper at the club

I dont understand why McDonald is not accepted as being at least his equal and deserving of a run in the team

For all Baloghs extra height it doesnt seem to really help him out much. He was also glued to his line for Killies goal and main other chance last week

Nade looks like he's peaked I'm afraid. His terrible performance against Hibs seems to have set him back a bit. He needs to be moved on in the summer as we're not getting value for money.

Next season we really need competition for places. This year players have been able to play cack and still get in the team each week.

I personally dont think Balogh has done enough to be recognised as outright no 1 keeper at the club

I dont understand why McDonald is not accepted as being at least his equal and deserving of a run in the team

For all Baloghs extra height it doesnt seem to really help him out much. He was also glued to his line for Killies goal and main other chance last week

I'm far from convinced about Jamie Mac either to be honest.

I just want us to pick one goalie and stick with him and if Csaba wants it to be Balogh then that'll do for me. If he blunders again like he did on Saturday in the forthcoming games then I'd probably give Jamie a wee chance until the end of the season.

I think you have to give a LOT of praise to Csaba for this

well done Mr Laszlo (please note I have not used Frail)

TBH i think evryone of the Hearts players can stand up with their heads held high and say... iv'e given everything to the cause this season. The team were at a serious all time low and, that man Csaba has come in and told them in no uncertain terms that bad performances and lack of effort is not tolerated in this profession. The players' abilty has always been there and im delighted that Zaliukas, Wallace, Obua etc are now back on the straight and narrow and looking to the future playing for a successful club.

I'm far from convinced about Jamie Mac either to be honest.

I just want us to pick one goalie and stick with him and if Csaba wants it to be Balogh then that'll do for me. If he blunders again like he did on Saturday in the forthcoming games then I'd probably give Jamie a wee chance until the end of the season.

Fair enough - although I cant really ever recall a Jamie Mac mistake?

Not saying there is much, if anything, in it but at some point JM deserves a wee run IMO.

Fair enough - although I cant really ever recall a Jamie Mac mistake?

Not saying there is much, if anything, in it but at some point JM deserves a wee run IMO.

I'm sure he'll get his chance at some point.

He was very poor away to Hamilton. Looked terrified whenever the ball came near him. I'm not sure he's ready although he certainly has some talent.

Csaba got one of the biggest slaughterings when he was appointed....ye of little faith

:D

Yes, the results in the league have been far better than I expected.

I am looking forward to the chance for an entertaining European trip now, and did not expect that at all after the first set of games.

Slag off Miko and Chesney as much as you want and they'd stay be crap.

Our better form has been shown when these pair are no where to be seen.

Let's hope they go for good. As for the others I must have been the few who never slated them. I've always liked Stewart.

Archived