Spirit

jambostuart

jambostuart

Something I noticed at todays game and at the Killie game last week is that we have the spirit back. As much as I hate seeing Hearts go a goal down, it was a great lift when we equalised (and in the case of last weeks game went on to win).

How many times did we come back from a goal down last year? I can't think of many occasions and would definitely say there was no more than 5.

2-0 down at Ibrox, we come back to gain a point and are unlucky not to win.

1-0 within 30 seconds to Celtic, we come back and again are unlucky not to win.

I think tactically Csaba isn't all there but when it comes to attitude and getting a performance from his players he is just as good as Burley was. He has the optimism back in the squad, the morale high and the fighting spirit is there. We no longer let the heads go down if we go behind. It's fantastic. And as we saw today, Tynecastle is bouncing again.

I remember when Rix was here and Tynecastle was so quiet I could talk on my phone without having to raise my voice.

It's brilliant to see this in the squad again and I hope it continues. Without tempting fate, I would wonder what next year holds in store for us. We obviously don't fear the OF anymore and neither we should. Rangers are on a slippery slope while we seem to be improving. Europe may tire us out and we may drop points through it but with determination and focus I believe we could push Rangers to the wire for second place.

I thought that today when one of the commentators was talking about Nades goal tally of 3 make him half way to being out top goalscorer. He obviously meant it as a dig but I was thinking about it and I think it shows that we are a unit, we can lose one or two players and the team still performs.

I honestly believe that Csaba is building something here and hopfully next season we can make a good challenge. We have a sound defensive record and our midfield has just as much if not more quality than Rangers or Celtic even when missing Kingston.

A few good additions and hopefully keeping the core of the team in the Summer and i believe we can.

Guest jambomickey
Something I noticed at todays game and at the Killie game last week is that we have the spirit back. As much as I hate seeing Hearts go a goal down, it was a great lift when we equalised (and in the case of last weeks game went on to win).

How many times did we come back from a goal down last year? I can't think of many occasions and would definitely say there was no more than 5.

2-0 down at Ibrox, we come back to gain a point and are unlucky not to win.

1-0 within 30 seconds to Celtic, we come back and again are unlucky not to win.

I think tactically Csaba isn't all there but when it comes to attitude and getting a performance from his players he is just as good as Burley was. He has the optimism back in the squad, the morale high and the fighting spirit is there. We no longer let the heads go down if we go behind. It's fantastic. And as we saw today, Tynecastle is bouncing again.

I remember when Rix was here and Tynecastle was so quiet I could talk on my phone without having to raise my voice.

It's brilliant to see this in the squad again and I hope it continues. Without tempting fate, I would wonder what next year holds in store for us. We obviously don't fear the OF anymore and neither we should. Rangers are on a slippery slope while we seem to be improving. Europe may tire us out and we may drop points through it but with determination and focus I believe we could push Rangers to the wire for second place.

spirit has never been a problem since csaba came in imo.

jambostuart
spirit has never been a problem since csaba came in imo.

Never meant to imply it was a problem under Csaba, I just meant I've noticed more recently how much more confidence and teamwork we have compared to last year.

Archived