U19's can win their league

CJGJ

5 wins and the title is theirs -- starting tomorrow 11am (H) v the hoofballers

Tough call but at the moment it is in their hands.

Seems we may have a few more stars soon despite the hype of the best youth team from the other side.

5 wins and the title is theirs -- starting tomorrow 11am (H) v the hoofballers

Tough call but at the moment it is in their hands.

Seems we may have a few more stars soon despite the hype of the best youth team from the other side.

yes they can, however should hibs win either of the game, the league is as good as theirs.

Without tinted spectacles, its very good for edinburgh's football

Rupert Pupkin

If we win it's a travesty,as a group of young lads schooled in the traditions of the flair are beat by big physical laddies,and Scotish football will be poorer for it.:42:

donnie darko

2nd placed Rangers lost 2-0 to Motherwell today - opens up the way for the wee jambos to make a late charge!

The Wicker Man

On listening to Robbie on HW - there was a mention that Csaba has been involved in revamping the training at the Academy.

I've noticed that we have had a few good results in the past - I've never had the opportunity to see the reserves or u19's- but has there been an overall improvement in the last few months?

WeeToonJambo
On listening to Robbie on HW - there was a mention that Csaba has been involved in revamping the training at the Academy.

I've noticed that we have had a few good results in the past - I've never had the opportunity to see the reserves or u19's- but has there been an overall improvement in the last few months?

It's like night and day. Most of the dead wood has been thrown out and the results speak for themselves. To all intents and purposes our reserve team is also our under 19 team and both are in third place in their respective leagues. The last 3 results are:

Killie reserves 2 Hearts Reserves 3

Killie under 19s 0 Hearts under 19s 7

Hearts Reserves 5 Hamilton Reserves 0

Terrific entertainment.

What is also good is that when these guys are finally ready they will already know how to play Csaba's system pretty much bang on as it will have been drilled into them for so long.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
What is also good is that when these guys are finally ready they will already know how to play Csaba's system pretty much bang on as it will have been drilled into them for so long.

Sorry to have to disagree with your opinion but these kids hardly work with the boss / Wenger or the 1st team , how can this be ?

Obviously Csabas principles and basic footballing philosophy will stay the same , but these kids have to learn quickly when promoted into the 1st team , some sink some swim in a high pressure environment

The 1st team always tries to move forward on formations ,tactics ,etc , it's always being tinkered with therefore do these kids get the latest info on what is required .

It is extremely difficult to judge and predict how a youth player will adapt to the next step .

Even Ajax do not always succeed

1-0 Hearts according to Hibs.net.

and ended 3-1 to the wee JT's according to the same 'source':sorcerer:

and ended 3-1 to the wee JT's according to the same 'source':sorcerer:

Yep well done the u/19's - much synchronized greetin' and whinging on deluded .net. Lets hope we do the double on them next week.

Footballfirst

Great result if it finished 3-1. I only saw the first half before I left to go to the main event at Tynie.

Team was:

Ridgers

Brown D McGowan Balatoni Delands

Novikovas Husband Stewart Mulrooney C Thomson

Wallace

The first half was fairly even with the Hobos being quite physical, although not OTT. Hearts opening goal came from a quick break from a free kick at the edge of their own box. The finish from Novikovas was a sweet chip over the keeper. Balatoni also had a headed goal chalked off for an alleged push just before the break.

Husband was best for Hearts in the first half with some excellent passing to switch play.

Craig Thomson looked somewhat lost on the left flank (WTF?), but improved one he switched with Novikovas midway through the half.

Good crowd there today, probably around the 300 mark.

Thats all I know, so you will have to rely on someone else for a second half report.

Footballfirst

Some quotes from weeweeteam.net

Just back and have to say it was a very frustrating match.

Hibs were on top and looking good without creating much until that mob scored against the run of play. hearts took control for 10 mins or so before Hibs started to take control again.

Second half was dominated by Hibs and we missed a couple of big chances only for hearts to hit us on the break again to go two up.

The sending off looked very harsh (it was a foul on the Hibs player confused2.gif) but Hibs still were on top and got a goal back and should have equalised however hearts were looking dangerous on the break and scored right at the death to win 3-1.

-------------------------------------------------------

Overall I think wee Jambos played a better game but I'd suggest 3-1 was not a fair reflection, esp in the 2nd half when we created plenty chances. The sending off was indeed harsh - the yam going down clutching his face when Park had been nowhere near that part of his anatomy - cheating wee bassa bitchy.gif

--------------------------------------------------------

I watched the whole of the 2nd half with a Jambo friend of mine and we both agreed that it was a really good game that could have gone either way. Hibs had their chances but didn't take them, but the football from both sides was of good quality. The FTscoreline 3-1 was flattering for Hearts, but they took their chances when they came.

The Hibs boy was sent off for being a tube and losing his discipline, but the Hearts lad went down as if he was punched by Mike Tyson. The ref had no choice, but the actual contact was very minimal. Still, we looked the better side with only ten men and the Hibs goal from the free kick was a stunner. We got caught out right at the death with the Hearts 3rd as we pushed hard for the equaliser.

A very good game to watch and even better for seeing lots of good football on show for no cost. Given that Rangers lost the other day, we''ve not really lost much ground today. Hopefully this is just a small hicup on the way to the U19's title.

---------------------------------------

I guess that the above comments are what I would expect from folk with a green tint on things.

jamboinglasgow

well done Hearts U19s, they are hitting form at a crucial part of the season.

I do feel that just because Hibs U19s are top of the league doesn't mean they have the next golden generation in their ranks. I think they play well as a team. I do think Hearts have much better players in our U19 team but it has not clicked as well as hibs till recently. I also wonder if Csaba's training (i do think he would of advised Darren Murray what he wants in training) is really starting to pay off and they will have had turns training with the top team.

Csaba's brown shoes - I think now there is a unified style of play among hearts and a default formation from which the coaches can change to fit their style. Yes there may be small changes to the first teams formation but ultimatily it is the same and that helps alot.

Just watched the highlights of the game on HW. The team before hand had a guy called "Zukovas" on the bench. Any idea who he is ?

Just watched the highlights of the game on HW. The team before hand had a guy called "Zukovas" on the bench. Any idea who he is ?

Marius Zukovas..17 year old ,on loan here until May from Kaunas. At the bottom of this article

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1541881,00.html

(I only know because I asked this too in a previous game :) )

jamboinglasgow

pretty sure he is a 17 year old lithuanian defender on loan from Kaunas. He came over in January.

Thanx for the info, has anyone seen him play or heard anything about him. It seems Novikovas is starting to score really freely so getting the young Lithuanians over could be a good source of talent.

pretty sure he is a 17 year old lithuanian defender on loan from Kaunas. He came over in January.

Is there also a young guy at us called Jukulos or something like that? I've seen his name in the U19s before. I know there was an announcement on the official site in January about Zukovos coming over but I never saw anything about the other guy.

Is there also a young guy at us called Jukulos or something like that? I've seen his name in the U19s before. I know there was an announcement on the official site in January about Zukovos coming over but I never saw anything about the other guy.

Probably the same player... Novikovas at first was listed as some weird approximations of his name on the highlights too.

just realised we are away to them next week come on the wee jts get right in there and sort them oot.

anyone know what time the game is, this sat?

jamboinglasgow
What a goal from Arvydas btw.

was a beautiful chip of the Hibs goalie. Some good play from the U19s.

Never seen a match so busy, though some of the comments shouted from the Hibs fans annoyed me. It reminded me of last season when I was at an

U19 derby and one hibs fan couldn't understand what was wrong with kicking a Hearts player.

loveofthegame

Think i might go to the under 19s game on Sat rather than the 1st team game as i am absolutely broke after a heavy, expensive w/e.

Can see myself getting into bother with daft Hobo knobends though, struggle to keep my mouth shut!

Nucky Thompson

I really hope we pip the Hobos to the title:sorcerer: It seems their U19's is all they have going for them this season:42: Us for the league and Rangers for the U19 Cup:biglaugh:

jamboinglasgow

just read the Hibs official report of the game, is this a sly dig at us i wonder:

Opportunities however were few and far between as Hearts defended in depth and attempted to strike on the break, a tactic that worked well for them after half an hour.

saw the first half too, my first glimpse of the U19's this season. Thought Husband & McGowan stood out for us and couldn't get over how much Novikovas looked (and played) like a young Neil McCann. Here's hoping he turns out just as good or even better than wee Terry.

I see the Evening News had a couple of lines on the game under the heading "Under-19s suffer setback". Balanced journalism :)

I can assure you that Csaba has very little input into the U19's or the reserves training or game preparation.

Csaba is doing a great job with the first team

Darren Murray is doing a great job with the 19's and reserves

credit........where credit is due

Archived