This year's service at Contalmaison

Fenerjambo

I went over for last years service and I'm trying to get over again this year.The problem is I need to fit this in with my work and was wondering the exact date?? It was the 1st of July last year and I presume it will be the Sunday either side of this date but which one I don't know. If it doesn't fit in with my weekend off I'll need to put in for a couple of days off??

Cheers

Fener

Dougie Masterton
I went over for last years service and I'm trying to get over again this year.The problem is I need to fit this in with my work and was wondering the exact date?? It was the 1st of July last year and I presume it will be the Sunday either side of this date but which one I don't know. If it doesn't fit in with my weekend off I'll need to put in for a couple of days off??

Cheers

Fener

It's always on the first.

It's always on the first.

I thought it was held on the Sunday as close as or thereabouts?? The 1st of July is on a Tuesday this year??:confused:

Dougie Masterton
I thought it was held on the Sunday as close as or thereabouts?? The 1st of July is on a Tuesday this year??:confused:

Still think it's on the first.

Dougie Masterton

Details for this year:

McCrae's Battalion Trust :

CONTALMAISON PILGRIMAGE 2008

The official 2008 pilgrimage to Contalmaison takes place from 29 June to 2 July.

I wonder if any of you guys could give some help? My wife ( who is disabled)and I are planning to go to Contalmaison in May and would appreciate any info regarding hotels with disabled facilities/rooms in the surrounding area bearing in mind that I'm not loaded,also will she be able to get to the memorial cairn in her electric scooter?

Thanks in advance

Almair

I wonder if any of you guys could give some help? My wife ( who is disabled)and I are planning to go to Contalmaison in May and would appreciate any info regarding hotels with disabled facilities/rooms in the surrounding area bearing in mind that I'm not loaded,also will she be able to get to the memorial cairn in her electric scooter?

Thanks in advance

Almair

I couldn't tell you this mate. I'd say Albert was the closest town to Contalmaison but I stayed in Arras about 20km away. Drop Jack Alexander a pm,he knows the area very well. Good Luck

Dougie Masterton

Thanks in advance

Almair

There are a couple of hotels in Albert, don't know what the facilities are like. But a taxi to Contalmaison will let her see the cairn. It right by the road. There is paving up to and around the cairn.

There are a couple of hotels in Albert, don't know what the facilities are like. But a taxi to Contalmaison will let her see the cairn. It right by the road. There is paving up to and around the cairn.

...and I shall be there (again) next Monday.

Jack Alexander

Cheers

Fener

I can confirm that this year's ceremony will take place on Tuesday 1 July. The First of July is the most important date in the Western Front calendar and we decided long ago to try and adhere to that.

Our coach will be leaving Edinburgh on 29 June and returning on 3 July. Full details of how to book will be posted shortly. This is developing into one of the most enjoyable regular excursions in the whole Great War tour schedule.

Word of this is slowly starting to spread and we hope (once more) to have a bus full of extremely happy campers - Hearts fans, Falkirk, Raith and Hibs fans, battalion families and serving soldiers.

I'm putting together an itinerary and costing the package. Watch this space.

Jack Alexander

Thanks in advance

Almair

See my private message, Almair.

Jack Alexander
See my private message, Almair.

In fact, I'm unable to send you a private message! You don't seem to have that facility. Send me a contact number and we'll see if I can help.

Archived