Ukio Bankas

jamborich

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=11990

Not really into this financial stuff so not sure what impact if any this may have on Hearts.

Thoughts.

most of all the big banks around the world have had their ratings dropped. This means nothing for hearts and nothing much for UB tbh....when things pick up in the economy the ratings will be revised.

don't worry about it.

Knowing as much as your average hobonomic, but to me the issue against them appears to be due to expected difficulties due to the way things are in Lithuania as opposed to anything directly linked to Ukio

Even then, it is UBIG who owns Hearts of which Ukio is a part so don't think its catastrophic

most of all the big banks around the world have had their ratings dropped. This means nothing for hearts and nothing much for UB tbh....when things pick up in the economy the ratings will be revised.

don't worry about it.

you're alive :sorcerer:

i believe it means we are now in admin and the bulldozers are heading down gorgie way right now. ha ha :biglaugh:

you're alive :sorcerer:

lol....yeah!!

soz I was not around for the familly guy thing. Hope I did not spoil it for anyone. :)

Glamorgan Jambo

I guess it means that UB has a lot of loans/exposure to the Lithuanian market and therefore has been downgraded along with the prospects for that (and the other Baltic) economy.

As far as HMFC is concerned it doesn't mean a lot except that we'd better seriously implement the self sufficiency strategy we're talking about as I presume the pound/Lita rate is going all the wrong way as far as UB is concerned.

the main effect of this news will be mostly felt in the underwear department of sirgay. this will mean an immediate influx of a vigorously active right hand within the sirgay shorts.

Sydney from Sydney
http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/finances/?doc=11990

Not really into this financial stuff so not sure what impact if any this may have on Hearts.

Thoughts.

THe downgrading of a banks's financial rating generally means among other things the bank in question will pay a higher price for it's borrowings because the risk associated with the bank has increased. Can't imagine it affects the bank's customers too much, but it could lead to an increase in the interest on our loan. Banks usually pass on any additional costs.

Boaby Ewing
Any further gossip/news on why VR 'temporarily' sold his shares in Ukio Bankas?

When was that? I missed that one.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Don't you just love reading about the financial state of the Baltics in times of recession.

Fascinating stuff.

B's,BB's & B+'s...Wonderfully exciting and rivetingly difficult to stop researching.

Does anybody know of a place where i can go that will give a much greater incite into the Baltic Banking phenomenon ??

shaun.lawson

Does anybody know of a place where i can go that will give a much greater incite into the Baltic Banking phenomenon ??

Certainly do Sir!

http://www.hibs.net

:sorcerer:

When was that? I missed that one.

'Temporarily' sold all his shares (64,810,296) in UB on 30th March to Rolandas Balčikonis.

I understand that Balčikonis is an underling at UBIG.

Archived