Who ate all the pies

johnthejambofromfalkirk

johnthejambofromfalkirk

Tried to get a pie at the start of half time, but they had none left, was in Wheatfield. Anybody else have a pie problem?

I managed to get a scotch pie (sit in the main stand) but unfortunately it looked like it had been cooking for about a month. Was so hard it could've been used as a doorstop. Complete waste of money, only managed a few bites, was scared I would lose teeth.

Should've taken it back but by then I'd lost my appetite anyway so didn't bother.

yeah but at the previous home game. Waited for 5 mins, line wasn't that long, and by the time I got to the front, no mince pies or steak pies. I was one of the first people out at half-time. They didn't even have the decency to tell everyone that there was no pies left!! Complete amateur. Guess it just goes with everything Hearts at the moment. Really pi**es me off though! :mad:

johnthejambofromfalkirk
I managed to get a scotch pie (sit in the main stand) but unfortunately it looked like it had been cooking for about a month. Was so hard it could've been used as a doorstop. Complete waste of money, only managed a few bites, was scared I would lose teeth.

Should've taken it back but by then I'd lost my appetite anyway so didn't bother.

so i was lucky

The catering at Tynie is terrible.

If you go looking for a Cheese and Onion Pie, make sure you are in the ground by 2:20pm or you will miss out.

Aside from that half the time the staff bring back a steak pie or something else because their English is so poor.

You would think that the catering would order enough food to meet demands. On top of it all, if you want to go for food at half time, forget it unless you want to miss the first ten minutes of the second half.

so i was lucky

Oh yeah, you were very lucky! On saying that I didn't see anyone else looking disgusted or throwing their pies at the walls to see how big a hole they'd make. My dad got a steak pie as always and it looked great.

Safer to eat pre or post match from somewhere else, I value my teeth and my health so buy hee haw from the stands as its always rotten.

i was starving when i got in yesterday and while i never normally have anything except a bovril when i'm at the game i had a fancy for a burger.

we got in about 2.15-2.30 ish and they had no cheeseburgers left.

did however settle for a steak pie and to be honest, it was bloody lovely!

first pie i've had at the footy in ages, and i really enjoyed it

BangkokHearts

Stop with the pie talk!

The only decent pie we have here is of the hairy variety...

Stop with the pie talk!

The only decent pie we have here is of the hairy variety...

...and the thread comes to a screeching halt...:confused:

Tried to get a pie at the start of half time, but they had none left, was in Wheatfield. Anybody else have a pie problem?

I go to games to watch Hearts. If you want a pie go to Greggs instead on a Saturday afternoon.

saw a young lad coming up the stairs in the roseburn before kickoff and his pies were burnt.how hard is to cook a pie, Azoor make it seem like rocket science.

I sit in the main stand, & the service is just terrible, which is better than the pie.

Not only are the queues long & slow to move, but the food is (depending on some unknown factor) scalding hot, stone cold, raw, or incinerated.

By some curious twist of fate, my pie was all 4 on Saturday.

I'll bring a sandwich with me for the next match.

How hard can it be to heat food?

Surely the Club can send these young laddies into the crowd to sell pies, rather than hundreds of people going to one tiny booth?

• 1 month later...
Toxteth O'Grady

Same problem again yesterday.

The main stand pie stall at Section T had run out of pies before half time.

Disgrace:mad:

I had the same problem yesterday waited in a large queue in Wheatfield Stand and finally after about 10-15 mins asked for a Pie and was told sorry theres none I then said well what Hot Food do you have and she smiled and had a laugh and said none.

No laughing matter I was really fecked off and made my feelings well known.

Moved along to the other Food Section nearer the Roseburn Stand and low and behold got a Steak Pie and asked for a bovril and was about to be told there's none then I pointed out to him that his m8 had just got a new sleeve full of them so missed the 1st 5-10 mins of second half but finally got some well earned warmth inside of me.

Hearts really need to look at the catering in the stands and also what sections sell the most food and make sure that they are well catered for.

Norman

It isn't just the quality of the food that needs to be looked at.

The size of the queues at the pie stalls make it just about impossible to move through to get to the toilet.

It is time they made use of the area under the stands and moved the catering there so people can move about at half time.

winston churchill

they also ran out of bovril,it was that bloody cold i had nipples like tank starter buttons.

Heard my pal moaning in the pub last night anout a brick hard mince pie he tried to eat. All they had left in Whheatfield Thought he was going to break his teeth.

Think i will make some prawn sandwiches to take next week :cool:

Get one from Johnson's deli at the top of Wheatfield Street before the game.

They sell Bains pies - the best in Edinburgh by miles.

My usual pie stand had some sort of fire alarm before kick off meaning I had to go to the other pie stand with a larger queue.

The wee boy was a wee bit slow but my pie was pretty good.

davemclaren
My usual pie stand had some sort of fire alarm before kick off meaning I had to go to the other pie stand with a larger queue.

The wee boy was a wee bit slow but my pie was pretty good.

That's where I got my pies. Everyone in front ran to the other pie stand but I cleverly waited and 2 minutes later it opened up again with me at the front of the queue. Good things come to those who wait.... :whistling:

That's where I got my pies. Everyone in front ran to the other pie stand but I cleverly waited and 2 minutes later it opened up again with me at the front of the queue. Good thing come to those who wait.... :whistling:

Dastardly Dave strikes again.

MWA HA HA HA HA HA.

davemclaren

MWA HA HA HA HA HA.

I felt quite pleased with myself I have to say. :cool_shades:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Aside from that half the time the staff bring back a steak pie or something else because their English is so poor.

Talking of staff, one time I had to tell the girl serving me how much I should be charged (I had a pie and a Fanta), subtract it from the ?10 I was handing her and tell her how much change I should get back! I can't believe they would employ people who cant count!

Weren't we supposed to be getting new caterers? I seem to remember an announcement at the start of the season.

Unless of course this is the new caterers who are miraculously even worse than the last ones.

MWA HA HA HA HA HA.

:rofl:

Cheers, feline.

It's always good to experience coffee through the nostrils at this time of day.

davemclaren
:rofl:

Cheers, feline.

It's always good to experience coffee through the nostrils at this time of day.

It was the highlight of Saturday's Tynecastle experience.... :sad:

Weren't we supposed to be getting new caterers? I seem to remember an announcement at the start of the season.

Unless of course this is the new caterers who are miraculously even worse than the last ones.

This IS the new caterers...... friggin awful.

I bought a hamburger a few games back and it was the most disgusting thing i've ever seen.

I saw a woman bite in to a pie full of something that resembled cat food on saturday.

Rank.

This IS the new caterers...... friggin awful.

Rank.

That's it then.

I'm not renewing my ST if we don't get decent pies.

Commander Harris

I got a free pie courtesy of a fellow kickbacker and lived to tell the tale! -

and yes, the free pie did turn out to be the highlight of my saturday afternoon. ;)

The Old Tolbooth
That's it then.

I'm not renewing my ST if we don't get decent pies.

A man after my own heart :)

You dodged a bullet John

Archived