Winning the work Sweepstake

kitster

Yes you guessed it guys, yours truelly has won the above with a 100/1 shot.

I really wish this hadn't happened for several reasons.

1) It is my first year of employment there and i'll be known as the jammy git from now on

2) My team mate organises the whole damn thing and I helped her out in getting sweepstake kits from my former employer (William Hill) She's never going to let me forget about it!!

3) Read above, various amusing anecdotes such as 'the bookie never loses' blah blah until It all becomes very tiresome hearing again..and again..and again..

I really feel like pulling a sickie on Monday now and going back when all the fuss has died down:cry2:

FWIW, I am not one of life's 'lucky' people. This is only the second thing I have won in my 32 years on the planet. The other was a lamb curry at the Ideal Home Exhibition when I was about 8 (I dont even like lamb so I ended up giving it to my cousin)

Anyone else got any Grand National tales to tell?

shaun.lawson

Er, kitster. You just won, with a 100/1 shot, and you're whining? Honestly - wimmin today... ;)

supernoodle

Just tell them you put the money towards a fab weekend involving class A drugs, alcohol and 3 guys you'd never met before, I'm sure they wont have too much to say about your winning after that.

My only Grand national story is that I'm really peed off that thanks to that and the grand prix qualifying my usual day of mongin about watching bbc1 has been totally ruined!! Apart from hole in the wall being on, I love that show!!

Er, kitster. You just won, with a 100/1 shot, and you're whining? Honestly - wimmin today... ;)

As it was Shaun, i'd have been better off sticking the 2 quid on the horse!

I've won ?50. Jacq devised the rules giving ?50 to the winner ?20 to 2nd and ?10 to 3rd. Feel sorry for the 4th horse holder though as they got nowt! (I was going to point out since the GN is a Handicap with over 16 runners this should really have been considered, but it wasn't my sweepstake to organise so I just butted out lol)

The text have started! 'Dont forget who sold you the ticket Missy' .. erk :smash: I'll no doubt spend it buying the whole of the finance dept cakes! ach well easy come easy go eh? :sorcerer:

this is the first year i can recall where i've not won anything. i always manage to pick something that gets placed but not this year :(

well done though kitster & everyone else who did win

good on ya!

i think i'll take the lottery tonight as a consolation

anyone want to help me spend my millions hehe

Just tell them you put the money towards a fab weekend involving class A drugs, alcohol and 3 guys you'd never met before, I'm sure they wont have too much to say about your winning after that.

My only Grand national story is that I'm really peed off that thanks to that and the grand prix qualifying my usual day of mongin about watching bbc1 has been totally ruined!! Apart from hole in the wall being on, I love that show!!

hahahahaahahahaha...now that sounds like a MUCH better way to spend the cash!! If only!!! .....i'll hold on to the thought though!! cheers!

shaun.lawson
As it was Shaun, i'd have been better off sticking the 2 quid on the horse!

I've won ?50. Jacq devised the rules giving ?50 to the winner ?20 to 2nd and ?10 to 3rd. Feel sorry for the 4th horse holder though as they got nowt! (I was going to point out since the GN is a Handicap with over 16 runners this should really have been considered, but it wasn't my sweepstake to organise so I just butted out lol)

The text have started! 'Dont forget who sold you the ticket Missy' .. erk :smash: I'll no doubt spend it buying the whole of the finance dept cakes! ach well easy come easy go eh? :sorcerer:

Fifty quid is never to be sneezed at. Better than a poke in the eye, to say the least! :sorcerer:

slashishere
Yes you guessed it guys, yours truelly has won the above with a 100/1 shot.

I really wish this hadn't happened for several reasons.

1) It is my first year of employment there and i'll be known as the jammy git from now on

2) My team mate organises the whole damn thing and I helped her out in getting sweepstake kits from my former employer (William Hill) She's never going to let me forget about it!!

3) Read above, various amusing anecdotes such as 'the bookie never loses' blah blah until It all becomes very tiresome hearing again..and again..and again..

I really feel like pulling a sickie on Monday now and going back when all the fuss has died down:cry2:

FWIW, I am not one of life's 'lucky' people. This is only the second thing I have won in my 32 years on the planet. The other was a lamb curry at the Ideal Home Exhibition when I was about 8 (I dont even like lamb so I ended up giving it to my cousin)

Anyone else got any Grand National tales to tell?

More to the point what type of competition was it to win a lamb curry!??

Fifty quid is never to be sneezed at. Better than a poke in the eye, to say the least! :sorcerer:

very true shaun..now can i stick the 50 quid on Mon Mome at the 4.15 at Aintree this afternoon please? no? :56: dammit!! :cry2: lol

More to the point what type of competition was it to win a lamb curry!??

hahaha..it was a cookery demonstration at the said event..with raffle tickets under the seat..no prize for guessing the ticket drawn won the dish..and it was mine..just remember being mortified about having to go up and collect it and trying to get my mum or sister to do it for me!! no such luck as they both refused!! Never eaten a lamb curry in my life since! I'm mentally scarred (clearly) lol

slashishere
hahaha..it was a cookery demonstration at the said event..with raffle tickets under the seat..no prize for guessing the ticket drawn won the dish..and it was mine..just remember being mortified about having to go up and collect it and trying to get my mum or sister to do it for me!! no such luck as they both refused!! Never eaten a lamb curry in my life since! I'm mentally scarred (clearly) lol

did you look a bit sheepish?!?:sorcerer:

JT's & Irons

I was at the national in the 90's when Papillon won. One of me mates said, before the race, "There's Ruby Walsh, go and get an autograph". I strolls over and am shocked that Ruby is a dude. (Know hee haw about horse racing). He said the horse was goin well and I should bet on it.

Did I? Did I b***cks. 16/1 winner. Now if a dude with a chicks name tells me something I listen. Thats why I love lady Ga Ga

Jimmy McNulty

Well, 50 quid is nice, but not enough for people to hold it against you :)

Treat yerself to some time at the spa or treat the wee man to something nice.

I'd avoid th epub for a while though; your workmates might expect a few rounds to be on you.

Two of my mates had the horse in their sweep as well but didn't back it.

FFS, the golden rule!!! Always back your sweep!

JT's & Irons

Fella at my work was asked to put a bet on for his elderly Mam. Picked Mon Mome cos it sounded like My Mum. ?2 to win at 120/1. Nice one.

Two of my mates had the horse in their sweep as well but didn't back it.

FFS, the golden rule!!! Always back your sweep!

I know gutted about that - esp as according to the beeb commentary mon mome means 'my kid'..as you can see from my av..my kid is my world so it would have been a nice wee deposit in to his trust fund! Still as it is, he'll get the 50 quid (minus the bakers bill lol)

Archived