Hearts vs Killie - 4th April 2009

the doomed

Exactly 6 months since Killie beat Hearts 2-1 at Tynecastle; had a fine evening that night.

Thoughts this time round folks?

I reckon we might sneak away with a 1-1 draw, would be happy with that given the form of both side.

BBC has the following squads....

Hearts (from): Balogh, Neilson, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Wallace, Obua, Stewart, Palazuelos, Aguiar, Driver, Nade, Kello, Tullberg, Jonsson, Templeton, McGowan, Mrowiec, Cesnauskis

Kilmarnock (from): Combe, Clancy, Lilley, Ford, Hay, Hamill, Invincibile, Pascali, Taouil, Skelton, Fernandez, Sammon, Kyle, Rascle, O'Leary, Flannigan, Nolan, Gibson.

Charlie-Brown
:hobofish::byebye::smell_hobo:

Nope Mr Doomed is definitely a Killie fan however please don't let him start the official match thread as we let him do this the last time (and possibly the time before) when Killie played at Tynie and with 2 defeats in those games he's a clearly bogey! :smash:

shaun.lawson

Speedbump: the doomed is a Killie fan. He's posted here on and off for years. I'm confident myself: actually fancy a 3-0, mainly because Killie seem in a death spiral.

Haha - 6 months ago you guys said I was the first opposition fan to start a match thread :56:

I can assure you speedbump I am a Killie fan - look out for the flag tomorrow.

However, if the worst comes to the worst and we got bust in the next 12 months I think I may become one of very few people with season tickets at both Tynecastle and Easter Rd :smash:

:chef:killiepie.gif

shaun.lawson
Haha - 6 months ago you guys said I was the first opposition fan to start a match thread :56:

I can assure you speedbump I am a Killie fan - look out for the flag tomorrow.

However, if the worst comes to the worst and we got bust in the next 12 months I think I may become one of very few people with season tickets at bothh Tynecastle and Easter Rd :smash:

:chef:killiepie.gif

Doomy - you must be worried by what's going on. I really hope you stay up for many reasons, but if I'm honest, think it'll be Killie who drop as things stand. Which'd leave you in desperate trouble, as I'm sure you don't need me reminding you!

You confident? What's your take on things?

Charlie-Brown

Maybe Killie should branch out into the meat/pastry snacks business and sell them in supermarkets throughout the land.....maybe knock a few quid of the debt? :chef:

Killie haven't scored more than a goal a game in the league this year, Hearts have only lost 3 of 17 home matches this season, the last twice we have played them at Tynecastle, it was bottom 6 football with nothing to play for and the game this season was when Killie were playing well and near the top of the league and winning games, now they are not, they are near the bottom and I feel Hearts will win this game.

COME ON THE HEAAARTS!!!

Doomy - you must be worried by what's going on. I really hope you stay up for many reasons, but if I'm honest, think it'll be Killie who drop as things stand. Which'd leave you in desperate trouble, as I'm sure you don't need me reminding you!

You confident? What's your take on things?

Worried? Absoloutely.

Confident? No.

Strangely, in recent games our overall performances have improved but we are not threatening in front of goal.

Off the field, we budget for 7th place finish and no cup runs, the current seasons budget was forecast to realise a 'significant loss' belived to be about 700-800k. Since then the base rate has fallen (bulk of our bank borrowing is marked to the base rate as oppose to LIBOR) and we had a bit of a cup run by getting a replay against Ayr! So around 300k in.

That said, 11th place is worth over 340k less in revenue from SPL, so the savings are out done and we still lose 700k - obviosuly that is not sustainable.

I feel we have a good enough squad to stay up and I'm very aware, thaknfully, the squad know they are in a relegation battle. If we survive, I dont see next year being too much different.

If we go down, we may never be back.

Unlike other SPL clubs with significant debt - we dont have a Chairman with large reserves to bail some of the debt out. In fact, we only have a two man board and one of those openly does nothing.

Worse still, we dont have a full time person running the club on a day-to-day basis. Its run by a lawyer (our Chairman, owns 90%ish, bought for ?1) typically from 4pm in the afternoon. For that he takes 26k a year. He isnt even a successful business man in his own right.

Our fan base is dwindling. We're toiling on-field.

shaun.lawson
Worried? Absoloutely.

Confident? No.

Strangely, in recent games our overall performances have improved but we are not threatening in front of goal.

Off the field, we budget for 7th place finish and no cup runs, the current seasons budget was forecast to realise a 'significant loss' belived to be about 700-800k. Since then the base rate has fallen (bulk of our bank borrowing is marked to the base rate as oppose to LIBOR) and we had a bit of a cup run by getting a replay against Ayr! So around 300k in.

That said, 11th place is worth over 340k less in revenue from SPL, so the savings are out done and we still lose 700k - obviosuly that is not sustainable.

I feel we have a good enough squad to stay up and I'm very aware, thaknfully, the squad know they are in a relegation battle. If we survive, I dont see next year being too much different.

If we go down, we may never be back.

Unlike other SPL clubs with significant debt - we dont have a Chairman with large reserves to bail some of the debt out. In fact, we only have a two man board and one of those openly does nothing.

Worse still, we dont have a full time person running the club on a day-to-day basis. Its run by a lawyer (our Chairman, owns 90%ish, bought for ?1) typically from 4pm in the afternoon. For that he takes 26k a year. He isnt even a successful business man in his own right.

Our fan base is dwindling. We're toiling on-field.

That's my fear too mate. I'm none too sure giving JJ another long-term contract was the wisest move either! I assume there's no prospect of anyone at all in the pipeline willing to step in and take over if needs be? How much of this is down to the hotel fiasco, by the way?

Scottish football needs clubs like Kilmarnock, and I really hope you'll be OK. That comment about budgeting for 7th made me smile, incidentally: last time we chatted, it was before I got punted from over the road. I said on there that for Killie, anything above seventh equals success - and for that, was dismissed as an arrogant, condescending Yam!

That's my fear too mate. I'm none too sure giving JJ another long-term contract was the wisest move either! I assume there's no prospect of anyone at all in the pipeline willing to step in and take over if needs be? How much of this is down to the hotel fiasco, by the way?

Scottish football needs clubs like Kilmarnock, and I really hope you'll be OK. That comment about budgeting for 7th made me smile, incidentally: last time we chatted, it was before I got punted from over the road. I said on there that for Killie, anything above seventh equals success - and for that, was dismissed as an arrogant, condescending Yam!

Agreed on the contract - but then it was signed at a time when we were doing well and there is something to be said for stability. However, we can hardly afford to have to pay off a 3 year deal!

At the moment there doesnt appear to be anyone out there. Its also unclear that the chairman would want for his shareholding. Previous TO attempts were rejected... perhaps he is regretting that now.

The hotel is the single biggest problem. It just isnt making any profit to repay the cost of building and operating. And obviously the market conditions are set to deteriorate.

As for above 7th = success, I dont know about the odd occurance being a success but perhaps given our crowds and general stature in relation to other clubs a sustained run in the top 6 would be a success. Arrogant Yam :sorcerer:

shaun.lawson
Agreed on the contract - but then it was signed at a time when we were doing well and there is something to be said for stability. However, we can hardly afford to have to pay off a 3 year deal!

At the moment there doesnt appear to be anyone out there. Its also unclear that the chairman would want for his shareholding. Previous TO attempts were rejected... perhaps he is regretting that now.

The hotel is the single biggest problem. It just isnt making any profit to repay the cost of building and operating. And obviously the market conditions are set to deteriorate.

As for above 7th = success, I dont know about the odd occurance being a success but perhaps given our crowds and general stature in relation to other clubs a sustained run in the top 6 would be a success. Arrogant Yam :sorcerer:

:D

When Killie more or less rose from the dead in the late 80s/early 90s, how did it happen? Was it just through finding a new investor, the fans clubbing together, or something else?

5 nil Hearts

One of my good mates is a Killie fan, and he'd be happy with that I reckon.

:sorcerer:

Is your good mate in Edinburgh? He in the Killie Supporters Club through here?

:D

When Killie more or less rose from the dead in the late 80s/early 90s, how did it happen? Was it just through finding a new investor, the fans clubbing together, or something else?

New investor - fans forced the old board out though.

Definately tough times ahead. Good job we have an easy game today!

Is your good mate in Edinburgh? He in the Killie Supporters Club through here?

Nah, he's a Hurlford lad.

You probably know him, he'll be the boy hanging himself from the main stand every other week.............

:hanged:

Nah, he's a Hurlford lad.

You probably know him, he'll be the boy hanging himself from the main stand every other week.............

:hanged:

:hammer:

shaun.lawson
New investor - fans forced the old board out though.

Definately tough times ahead. Good job we have an easy game today!

Ha! I admire your optimism, but wouldn't bet on it... Has your plight been publicised much in Ayrshire? What you tend to find with a lot of clubs is it's only when an alternative investor is found that fans have a totem to unite around, put pressure on the incumbent board etc. I wish you well; but it's tough times ahead, as you say.

Ha! I admire your optimism, but wouldn't bet on it... Has your plight been publicised much in Ayrshire? What you tend to find with a lot of clubs is it's only when an alternative investor is found that fans have a totem to unite around, put pressure on the incumbent board etc. I wish you well; but it's tough times ahead, as you say.

Supporters groups have been meeting over the last couple of weeks and are due to announce a public meeting - hopefully that will get the ball rolling!

Archived