Scotland V Iceland Predictions.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Gorgeous George needs this one big time.

If Scotland lose, it's all over.

I've been far from impressed with the team under Burley, but I think they'll scrape an unconvincing win to buy him some time.

Scotland 1 Iceland 0. Brown 37 min

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

2-0 Scotland.

I don't think we have been as bad as some are making out. Pretty pish against Macedonia but it's just the small things that turn a game that aren't going for us at the moment.

Hopefully a packed Hampden can spur the lads on. Iceland are pish. Best known for Kerry Katona FFS.

1-1

- a dull, drab affair with Iceland taking the lead, the crowd getting angsty, Scotland equalising, the crowd going nuts for 15 minutes for "the big push", and then **** all happening..........

Gordon, Morrison, McManus, Steven Fletcher all set to start.

Already have a much better chance.

predictions...

scotland win = everything is rosy in the garden again, media and pundits slavering on about how good scotland are, we're gony qualify easy, we'll be coming... etc etc. boak.

anything else = complete armageddon. lots and lots of misguided nonsense about how scotland should be beating teams like iceland without breaking sweat. scotland's a laughing stock, manager oot, no decent players coming through, the SPL's to blame, especially teams like hearts who stifle development of honest young scottish players, too many foreigners in the game here.

The Old Tolbooth

After Burleys favourites capitulating so badly in Holland, the confidence cant be that high, however I reckon Scotland will scrape home 2-1 in a dull uneventful encounter.

Scotland 2-0 Iceland. Relief.

A 2-0 and a handjob..........................RESULT!:qqb016:

Fozzyonthefence

Where did you get that from about Gordon? I'd be amazed if he does start although if Hutton starts having only played 70 minutes in a reserve game and about 20 minutes on Saturday since November, Gordon should also start on the basis of:

1. He's had more games since November than Hutton

2. He's been Scotland's best player by a country mile for a number of years now

3. McGergor's been absolute gash this season

But that would be too much logic

Where did you get that from about Gordon? I'd be amazed if he does start although if Hutton starts having only played 70 minutes in a reserve game and about 20 minutes on Saturday since November, Gordon should also start on the basis of:

Just been on STV sports news about Gordon. Hutton will start cause Alexander is injured.

They were discussing it on Real Radio and seem fairly certain. Seen Burleys press conference earlier and he was going on about how it's a 1 off game and they need the best players available so reading between the lines he's going to put him back in.

Chad Sexington
They were discussing it on Real Radio and seem fairly certain. Seen Burleys press conference earlier and he was going on about how it's a 1 off game and they need the best players available so reading between the lines he's going to put him back in.

Here's hoping he does put Gordon back in as he's definitely the superior keeper.

If he does play Hutton and Gordon though, it does kind of make a mockery of his stance when choosing not to play Boyd.

Guest jambomickey
Here's hoping he does put Gordon back in as he's definitely the superior keeper.

If he does play Hutton and Gordon though, it does kind of make a mockery of his stance when choosing not to play Boyd.

spot on chad.

It does. Think there was more to that than meets the eye though.

Boyd has even had a go at Smith recently for being dropped against Hamilton. Difference is though he had to apologise because Rangers pay for his charlie ... I mean wages.

If he wants his best players on the park he will be on the phone to Boydchenko asking him to change his mind about playing for Burley.

He has to decide what is more important. Scotland qualifying or his pride.

shaun.lawson
A 2-0 and a handjob..........................RESULT!:qqb016:

You know speedy, I'm beginning to worry about you. Your posts suggest a man on heat. You really need to get it out of your system before it's too late! :20:

Guest jambomickey
If he wants his best players on the park he will be on the phone to Boydchenko asking him to change his mind about playing for Burley.

surely it's boyd who's got to come forward and say he wants to reverse his decision?

Boyd is massively over-rated.

Boydchenko? Aye he is about as pish as Shevchenko was at Chelsea.

You know speedy, I'm beginning to worry about you. Your posts suggest a man on heat. You really need to get it out of your system before it's too late! :20:

Was trying like a bear on saturday night after the Willie Bauld dinner but strangely enough I knocked back a ride on friday:hanged:

surely it's boyd who's got to come forward and say he wants to reverse his decision?

He is a big bairn, that is not going to happen. Burley, as manager, has to do all he can to get him back onside or Scotland are out. IMO.

Chad Sexington
It does. Think there was more to that than meets the eye though.

Boyd has even had a go at Smith recently for being dropped against Hamilton. Difference is though he had to apologise because Rangers pay for his charlie ... I mean wages.

Arf. :sorcerer:

I suppose Burley was a bit unlucky in that after he snubbed him, Boyd just happened to start getting a run of games for Rangers and started banging them in like a mad man.

I think also, a difference between the Boyd situation and Hutton and Gordon may have something to do with the fact the latter 2 actually try a leg in training.

The whole Boyd situation remains a millstone around Burleys neck though.

Was trying like a bear on saturday night after the Willie Bauld dinner but strangely enough I knocked back a ride on friday:hanged:

well that's not very thoughtful of you. you could have been away with her pants for someone's collection. pump her for the pants.

Guest jambomickey
He is a big bairn, that is not going to happen. Burley, as manager, has to do all he can to get him back onside or Scotland are out. IMO.

do you know any manager who would go running to a player who walked out?

well that's not very thoughtful of you. you could have been away with her pants for someone's collection. pump her for the pants.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Gigolo-Aunt

Have a feeling Scotland will get the win and a performance tomorrow night. Shame Commons has been missing for this double header, really like the look of him in a Scotland shirt.

If it dont happen, Burley better batton down the hatches.

1-0 Scotland, just to stretch the agonising failure out a wee bit longer. Gordon to get MOTM. Remember you heard it here first :wink:

Fat Striker

Although I'm obsessed with football I rarely dream about it.

However...last night was a real humdinger.

Scotland won 2-0, but for some reason I missed it. I ask folk at work what happened and they say Pressley played because of the injuries and he was "Man of the match". I'm still trying to get my head around this when I ask who scored I'm told "Jackson got a double...Darren Jackson".

Stay away from cheese before bedtime folks!

(I do think we'll win 2-0 though)

2-0 to Scotland. Brown and Steven Fletcher to score. I reckon Gordon could keep out Gudjonssen.

Don't see the fuss about Boyd, I'd rather have Rat boy playing for Scotland. Scotland's football is about passion, his is clearly out the window, so he can stay out. Apart from that, he wouldn't be able to score. Notice how he only scores for Rangers against smaller teams in the SPL. Doesn't score in the Champions League or in the UEFA Cup, or against Celtic, or for Scotland. He didn't score against a relatively strong Hearts defence when we beat them at Tynecastle earlier this season.

1-1. Gudjohnsen to run the show for Iceland, Scotland to score in the last 15 and throw the kitchen sink for a winner.

An Iceland win and Burley will be gone by the weekend.

rudi must stay

Scotland 3 - 0 Iceland (Miller, Brown, Fletcher)

we beat them in Iceland so I think we will beat them convincingly at home

The Mighty Thor

Very much depends on the team.

If Burley persists with Lord Backpass of Larkhall in midfield and Kenny 'couldnae hit a bull up the arse wi a shovel' Miller then we're toiling.

I suspect a scrappy 1-0 job. Burley's not the answer but then again Scottish Football is at it's lowest ebb. If Teale and Alexander are International class then we'll soon be classed alongside Estonia and the Faroes.

I thought it would be 1-1. We were lucky to win in Iceland.

Now without Ferguson it will be a struggle. He is going to have to go with 3 up front, imo.

Chad Sexington

I'm actually a little more confident with the news that Ferguson is out.

His form has been dire and Darren Fletcher always seems to play better when Ferguson isn't in the same midfield.

I hereby change my prediction to 2-0 for Scotland. :sorcerer:

Miller Jambo 60

1-0 for Scotland mate, what channel is it on AP .

Archived