Players you hated as players but dont mind them as managers/pundits

i8hibsh

For me

Martin Keown - hated everything baout him - now I like him on MOTD

Roy Keane

Owen Coyle

heartsfc_fan
John Hartson

Agreed there. He seems to give Hearts a fair amount of praise.

Agreed there. He seems to give Hearts a fair amount of praise.

I'd agree with that, although its not the only reason i dont mind him. I just think he calls it as he sees it and he's not afraid to put the boot into Celtic if needed too.

If he maintains his non bias toward any teams then he could be doing punditry for years with many different firms. Not like the eejits at BBC Scotland who would never be taken on by any self respecting broadcaster. Saying that they wouldn't go anyway as they have it nice and cushty there.

stephen craigan - dirty cheating barsteward as a player, but like him as a pundit as he seems very fair and sound enthusiastic about the game, which is in contrast to some of the other eejits.

stephen craigan - dirty cheating barsteward as a player, but like him as a pundit as he seems very fair and sound enthusiastic about the game, which is in contrast to some of the other eejits.

yeah he seems ok - think he's still playing tho?

Neil Lennon.

Nooooooooooooooo

I agree I hate him less but still up there for me likes

Ally McCoist.

I never hated him as a player as he was fun to watch but he is brilliant as a pundit - he is like an optimistic Gordon Strachan, I'd love to those two in the studio together one day.

heartsfc_fan
hated billy dodds asa player but don't mind him as a pundit.

Apart from never tipping a Hearts victory on the BBC predictor each week, I tend to agree

Ian Wright & Stan "the dogging man" Collymore, really hated these 2 before they started working on Talk Sport.

This doesn't quite fit the question, but Gordon Strachan.

I quite liked him as a player, especially for Scotland.

Then continued to like him as a pundit, when he had a column in the Guardian; seemed quite interesting, didn't conform to any stereotype, very much his own person.

But he's become a bit of a moaning minnie as a manager. Wouldn't use the "h" word though.

Archived