Wireless Router

Romulus

I just bought a Zoom X6 ADSL Wireless Router and am trying to set it up at the moment. The Ethernet and w/lan lights are on and fine but the problem is the DSL Wire they provide with it. I dont have a phone line to plug the DSL wire into that is broadband(does it matter?). I have telewest broadband and there is just one connection from the telewest broadband box going straight into the back of my current USB modem ( the fat chunky wire, with one pin). So my question is, is it possible to have the USB and Wireless router on at the same time and how do i finish setting it up? Its so frustrating!!

Sheriff Fatman
I just bought a Zoom X6 ADSL Wireless Router and am trying to set it up at the moment. The Ethernet and w/lan lights are on and fine but the problem is the DSL Wire they provide with it. I dont have a phone line to plug the DSL wire into that is broadband(does it matter?). I have telewest broadband and there is just one connection from the telewest broadband box going straight into the back of my current USB modem ( the fat chunky wire, with one pin). So my question is, is it possible to have the USB and Wireless router on at the same time and how do i finish setting it up? Its so frustrating!!

Virgin Media (Telewest) broadband is cable not ADSL (for the vast majority of people). ADSL routers don't work with cable broadband.

Virgin Media (Telewest) broadband is cable not ADSL (for the vast majority of people). ADSL routers don't work with cable broadband.

Haha. Im a muppet. Cheers bro.

Archived