Berra most likely dropped. Hutton to start.

alwaysthereinspirit

alwaysthereinspirit

Does this seem fair or am I just being my fickle self.

I understand that Berra wasn't the original choice for Saturday but I also know Hutton hasn't played first team football for months. Craig Gordon is closer to match fitness than Hutton.

Chad Sexington

I understand that Berra wasn't the original choice for Saturday but I also know Hutton hasn't played first team football for months. Craig Gordon is closer to match fitness than Hutton.

Berra did OK on Saturday but the penalty he gave away was amateurish. He can count himself a bit unlucky if he is dropped but he'll play many more games for Scotland.

I would rather have a half fit Hutton than a fully fit Alexander. That's a no brainer.

jamboinglasgow

well if it is berra for Hutton then that is not fair. Alexander deserves to be dropped for his awful display and Hutton put in there instead.

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell Berra Naysmith

Brown Ferguson

McCromick Fletcher Morrison

Iwelumo (I think he will surprise people.)

alwaysthereinspirit

Do we at least all agree that Gordon has to be back.

Gordon was dropped due to lack of first team football yet Hutton walks straight back in.

Huttom "probably" is the best we have at that poition.

Gordon "is" the best we have at his position.

heartsfc_fan

Added to that, get Gary Teale away from the starting line up! Don't rate him at all!

The Old Tolbooth

Burleys clueless at international football, he should have stuck to club management because he's only going to do his reputation some harm.

He claimed he wouldn't play Boyd against Norway because he hadn't been getting a game for his club, and he then drops Gordon for the same reason, however when Ferguson was coming back from injury his first game wasn't for Rangers, it was for Scotland, and Hutton is brought on as a late sub against Holland despite never kicking a ball for Spurs for donkeys.

Way to go Burley, if your gonna make excuses about dropping players for certain reasons then please back it up by not drafting in your favourites as soon as they claim to be fit!!

BigCGilmour

If berra is dropped for Mcmanus then fair enough, Hutton should start in place of Alexander, his pace runs down the wing give us options that we don't have when he's not playing

If berra is dropped for Mcmanus then fair enough, Hutton should start in place of Alexander, his pace runs down the wing give us options that we don't have when he's not playing

Yes. A club pairing is preferable though Celtic fans tell me McManus has been poor of late.

Alexander must never play again FFS

Gimme an H...

Alexander & Teale are each in the top two of the 'Worst players to get a cap' list.

brellierlegend

Burleys an erse!

CLUELESS! If he plays Hutton (which he probably should cause alexanders P!SH) then surely Gordon should be knocking down his door asking what the hell is going on?

Hutton has played NO first team football! McGregor is a terrible goalie! Gordon has to play!

heartsfc_fan
Burleys an erse!

CLUELESS! If he plays Hutton (which he probably should cause alexanders P!SH) then surely Gordon should be knocking down his door asking what the hell is going on?

Hutton has played NO first team football! McGregor is a terrible goalie! Gordon has to play!

agreed

Charlie-Brown

Stephen McManus obviously realises it's a bit suspect if he missed out on Wednesday but started for Celts on Saturday.....

Burley had backed himself into a bit of a corner with the Boyd incident when it came to the Gordon/McGregor issue. However Scotland have to win on Wednesday so in my opinion he has to pick his best team - regardless of whether they have been playing first team football or not. That means Gordon and Hutton have to play. I think McManus, Berra is a closer shout as I think long term Berra is a better prospect due to his pace but at the moment McManus is more experienced and should probably, if fully fit, get the nod

Hearts Heritage
Alexander & Teale are each in the top two of the 'Worst players to get a cap' list.

Tom Boyd won 72 caps, yes 72 caps

chester copperpot

If Burley thinks McGregor is anywhere near the class of CG, then he's a ****ing arsehole.

If Alexander is playing on Wednesday then I hope we lose, because the boy has never been a club football player, let alone an international one.

Robbie Neilson is better than him, as are quite a few of the SPL right backs.

alwaysthereinspirit
Tom Boyd won 72 caps, yes 72 caps

Boyd winning 72 caps for Scotland is the equivalent of Steve Daly winning that many for England.

I will never understand how Alexander has been capped as he was never international class. The amazing thing is that four different managers have come in and they have all picked him.

Drew Busby !
I will never understand how Alexander has been capped as he was never international class. The amazing thing is that four different managers have come in and they have all picked him.

Quite. It's unbelievable that he's clocked up 38 caps. 12 more and he's in the hall of fame - and he'll get them too.

I couldn't tell you what he looks like.

I couldn't tell you who he plays for at club level.

I couldn't tell you what's been his "greatest moment or greatest tackle" in a Scotland jersey.

Thats what the Scottish international team means to me ... sod all.

Archived