Coventry to bid again for Driver?

Charlie-Brown

I'd take ?2M in a second.

no danger. driver is worth more.

we took just over ?2M for berra, if we take ?2M for driver then we're back to the days of pie-face taking the first decent offer on the table. vlad broke us free of that when he held out for ?9M for gordon, let's hope we have the ability to do transfer business on our terms in the future.

Sky Blues preparing a renewed summer bid of ?2M for Driver?

http://www.coventry.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=149258

Gullit Lounge please.

I'm sure I've seen you ask that regarding several rumours Charlie, especially when they are unsubstantiated. I think a rumour from Vitalfootball which was originally sourced from the Sunday People counts as such.....

Charlie-Brown
Gullit Lounge please.

I'm sure I've seen you ask that regarding several rumours Charlie, especially when they are unsubstantiated. I think a rumour from Vitalfootball which was originally sourced from the Sunday People counts as such.....

Possibly Martin although at least there is a public source article we can debate - it's not as if I made it up or claimed I heard from someone who knows someone etc.

Possibly Martin although at least there is a public source article we can debate - it's not as if I made it up or claimed I heard from someone who knows someone etc.

Again, Gullit Lounge please. This is an un-substantiated rumour from a tabloid rag that was copied onto a football rumours website. Minimal credibility.

Charlie-Brown
Again, Gullit Lounge please. This is an un-substantiated rumour from a tabloid rag that was copied onto a football rumours website. Minimal credibility.

There are Coventry Telegragh and Portsmouth News articles on the same story / rumour as well as a Daily Mirror which is the same stable as the People......anyway do you think there is any basis for the story ie do you think Chris Coleman will bid for or try to attempt to sign Andy Driver?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2009/02/11/chris-coleman-planning-to-return-for-andrew-driver-92746-22903848/

There are Coventry Telegragh and Portsmouth News articles on the same story / rumour as well as a Daily Mirror which is the same stable as the People......anyway do you think there is any basis for the story ie do you think Chris Coleman will bid for or try to attempt to sign Andy Driver?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/football-rumours-gossip/2009/02/11/chris-coleman-planning-to-return-for-andrew-driver-92746-22903848/

All picked up from the same crappy source Charlie. Gullit Lounge please.

Charlie-Brown
All picked up from the same crappy source Charlie. Gullit Lounge please.

Well that is your subjective opinion Martin - I don't disagree but we've no basis for knowing how close the journo is to Coventry or not .... anyway at least there is a source for the story.

It doesn't matter how much they offer, I can only see Andy wanting to go to a Prem team or a team that will be more likely to go up, Coventry tick neither of those boxes

we took just over ?2M for berra, if we take ?2M for driver then we're back to the days of pie-face taking the first decent offer on the table. vlad broke us free of that when he held out for ?9M for gordon, let's hope we have the ability to do transfer business on our terms in the future.

To be fair to Vlad, he knows how to ramp up a transfer fee, 9 Million for Gordon seems a pretty high price, if Pie Man had been at the helm god knows what he would have been sold for.

rudi must stay
It doesn't matter how much they offer, I can only see Andy wanting to go to a Prem team or a team that will be more likely to go up, Coventry tick neither of those boxes

they have a good manager, a nice stadium, a decent squad. Coventry could be a decent club for him to go to, hope he doesn't though.

To be fair to Vlad, he knows how to ramp up a transfer fee, 9 Million for Gordon seems a pretty high price, if Pie Man had been at the helm god knows what he would have been sold for.

precisely what i'm alluding to.

vlad did the business with the gordon transfer. a speculate to accumulate policy by getting him on a very lucrative contract to enable the club to hold all the aces when it came to selling. pie-face wouldn't have been able to underwrite such a contract and gordon would have been sold for under a million.

whether we are still in a position to pull off another similar contract renewal with driver remains to be seen. even without another contract i think he's got 2 years left so there is no immediate urgency to sell during the next window.

Agreed, I think you could draw the same parallels between this and the Berra transfer, which I have no doubt in saying largly hinged upon Wolves strong possition in the championship.

precisely what i'm alluding to.

vlad did the business with the gordon transfer. a speculate to accumulate policy by getting him on a very lucrative contract to enable the club to hold all the aces when it came to selling. pie-face wouldn't have been able to underwrite such a contract and gordon would have been sold for under a million.

whether we are still in a position to pull off another similar contract renewal with driver remains to be seen. even without another contract i think he's got 2 years left so there is no immediate urgency to sell during the next window.

signed a 5 year deal in the summer I'm sure

signed a 5 year deal in the summer I'm sure

sure? i've seen it reported that he was around about the 2 years left mark, more than once. if it really is 4 years left then ?2M would be utterly ridiculous.

sure? i've seen it reported that he was around about the 2 years left mark, more than once. if it really is 4 years left then ?2M would be utterly ridiculous.

did a week look on the club site and there is a hearts tv vid from just after the pre-season tour in germany where he was congratulated on his new 5 yr deal only 2 years after he signed his last one :sorcerer:

did a week look on the club site and there is a hearts tv vid from just after the pre-season tour in germany where he was congratulated on his new 5 yr deal only 2 years after he signed his last one :sorcerer:

i will take your word for it then.

if he's got 4 years left then ?2M is a fire sale price. if it happens then that's not a good sign.

That was a unbelievable one off since then nothing has been ramped up.

Regarding driver I don't think for 1 second he would leave us to play for Coventry.

Ryan Gosling

"Hearts today announces that Andrew Driver has signed a new five-year contract with the Edinburgh club. The 20-year-old signed his new deal at Tynecastle this evening on his return from the pre-season tour to Germany."

I think we'd do well to get ?2M for Driver. Look at the market we are currently in and Driver is not as a complete player as Berra, who we only got around ?2M for.

I think you're in the minority.

I think I will be too. Driver doesn't perform enough for me for to be a ?2M player. I wouldn't want Hearts shelling out that type of money for Driver.

Mr Brightside

I agree and I think this will attract a bigger offer.

If driver can improve on his shooting and final ball he will be worth more than ?2m

this_is_my_story
Coventry are a nothing team, always have been and always will be. Driver could do better.

Chances are, that in a few years, he will do. Wouldn't be surprised to see either of the OF making a bid in the summer if Andy continues his form to the end of the season though.

Coventry City are in severe financial do-do and it's only because of a refinancing deal headed up by Ray Ranson (if you know your stuff you know how he makes his money and how much he has made out of football) which has saved the club.

Driver may leave Hearts. He may go to Coventry. He won't go there for ?2million. They just don't have the cash and even in a crappy league like the Championship , Coventry are nowhere near being a challenger for even a play-off spot. I can't believe Driver would contemplate such a place.

Archived