Berra was overwhelmed ( merged threads )

d(>_<)b

Berra was fine, considering it was his first game and it was against some of the worlds best players some people are being pretty harsh although the pen was his fault the goals were the fault of Alexander and Fletcher not marking properly, Berra was where he should have been both times. I'd be more worried about the full backs for the iceland game because that is where we struggled IMO.

Mr Quagmire

Sorry....Nae cop at International level.

One of the poorest players on the park and he'll be lucky to keep his place against the Icelanders.

Dare I say that Wilkie might do a better job?

you have that all wrong my friend.

:

That's the spirit! Lets slate and abuse this young lad who's just earned his first cap against one of the best teams in the world! Thankfully everyone else played sooooo well. Is anyone up for forming an angry mob and heading round to his family's house? I'll supply the pitchforks :furious3:

Jasonauskas

I personally think that the main architect of the scoreline is none other than Allan McGregor, I dont think he made any attempt to save either of their goals.

Fair enough on the penalty, but we need to see Craig back between the sticks.

OP = Hibs fan.

Then why was he watching the game ? Should he not have been watching Brokeback Mountain on C4 ?

Charlie-Brown
Then why was he watching the game ? Should he not have been watching Brokeback Mountain on C4 ?

He's already got the film on DVD davie and the life-size posters on his bedroom walls. :sorcerer:

He's already got the film on DVD davie and the life-size posters on his bedroom walls. :sorcerer:

ha, win

This is the Scotland team we're talking about.

David Weir should never have played for Scotland again after

a) being toasted by the Moroccans in 1998

B) utter petulance after the Faro Island game about 5 years ago

Instead of which he's been an almost ever present.

Weir, McManus, Caldwell, Dailly, Hendry ... all run of the mill pros that were/are Scotland first picks. Lets not bury Berra's career just yet eh ? The others are as sh|te a bunch of Scottish centre backs as its been my misfortune to view. Berra is no worse and in time will be a damn site better than these others.

Spot on. Berra may not be world class but I would say that he's a more talented player than all those that you mention.

Gigolo-Aunt

Gary Caldwell is the best CH Scotland has.

Berra would be ahead of Weir for me, and probably McManus who has struggled this season after a good period last term.

gashauskis9

Was his usual solid but unspectacular self. Personally don't think he's international quality, but tell me a defender we have who is at the moment?

Thought McGregor, Berra, Caldwell, McCormack and Brown were worthy of pass marks.

Alexander - At fault for first goal. I'd take Hutton with one leg over him.

Naysmith - Waste of space, I can think of at least 5 Scottish left backs who are better than him

Ferguson - No control on the game at all

Fletcher - At fault for 2nd goal, and only completed one pass the whole game

Teale - Wouldn't get a game for the under 11s, joke of a footballer

Miller - Needs to spend some time with McCoist. Lost count of how many 1 on 1s he's fecked up with Scotland. He only scores headers and volleys.

The Scotland side I'd like to see on Wednesday

McGregor

Hutton

Caldwell

Berra

Naysmith

Morrison

Fletcher

Brown

Ferguson

Miller

McCormack

Bert Le Clos
Alexander was ***in woefull imo, Ferguson was actually worse than playing with a man short, Berra and Caldwell played well with the exception of Berra's penalty give away. Teale wouldn't get a game for a first division side and Naismith is past it, apart from that we were great.

Edit -BTW I thought McCormack was excellent.

I actually thought Naysmith did OK.

$ilvery_Moon
Naysmith - Waste of space, I can think of at least 5 Scottish left backs who are better than him

Five? Who?

Thought Berra did fine up until the penalty. Thought him and Caldwell both had good games.

Sad day when Gary Caldwell is your most important player though.

Cupar Jambo

Sorry....Nae cop at International level.

One of the poorest players on the park and he'll be lucky to keep his place against the Icelanders.

Dare I say that Wilkie might do a better job?

Poor shout mate, thought McCormack and Berra were our best two players

Archived