The Scotland V Holland Thread.

S.N.T.H.

The Tartan Army thread that got closed was one of the most cringe-worthy things i have ever witnessed on this site. Grown men crawling over one another to have a go at our national team. ****ing embarrassing.

Britishness is one thing, but you don't have to be anti-Scottish to boot.

This thread's to post team news, links to the game, and wish the boys well for what is guaranteed to be an enormous task. Nothing is impossible though, and having been beaten in France 5-0, and winning their on our return; who knows?

Come on Scotland.

Chad Sexington

Would love to see us get something from the game but I'm afraid the Dutch will more than likely tear us a new one tonight.

:10800:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

The team has been confirmed:

McGregor

Alexander Caldwell Berra Naysmith

Teale Brown Ferguson Fletcher McCormack

Miller

McGregor

Miller

That right side is dreadful. Wow.

Toxteth O'Grady

Heb je van de zilveren vloot wel gehoord

de zilveren vloot van Spanje?

Die had er veel Spaanse matten aan boord

En appeltjes van Oranje!

Sprak toen niet Piet Hein met een aalwaerig woord:

"Wel jongentjes van Oranje,

Kom, klim 'reis aan dit en dat Spaansche boord

En rol me de matten van Spanje"?

Klommen niet de jongens als katten in 't want

En vochten ze niet als leeuwen?

Ze maakten de Spanjers duchtig te schand'

Tot in Spanje klonk hun schreeuwen!

Piet Hein!, Piet Hein!, Piet Hein zijn naam is klein,

Zijn daden bennen groot

Zijn daden bennen groot

Hij heeft gewonnen de zilveren vloot,

Die heeft gewonnen, gewonnen de Zilvervloot.

Kwam er nu nog eenmaal zo'n zilveren vloot,

Zeg zou jullie nog zoo kloppen?

Of zoudt gij u veilig en wel buiten schoot

Maar stil in je hangmat stoppen?

Wel, Hollandsch bloed,

Dat bloed heeft nog wel moed!

Al bennen we niet groot,

al bennen we niet groot

We zouden winnen de Zilvervloot!

We zouden winnen, winnen de Zilvervloot!

We zouden winnen, winnen de Zilvervloot!

McGregor

Miller

A bit worried about the two wide-men, TBH. Teale's never really done it for me, and McCormack's an unknown quantity at International level.

Miller will no doubt run his erse off as normal, which will be our only chance of a goal. Harrass them.

Adi Dassler

Good luck Scotland.

I don't think it'll be the hammering a lot of people are predicting.

2-0 to the Dutch i reckon, goal in each half.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Alexander is pish.

Middle 3 is the key for us tonight. Really no excuse for they 3 not to be imposing themselves on the game. Fletcher is very good at Champs League level for United but I can't remember his last good game for us.

Miller will do all the donkey work upfront but I can't see him putting away the 1 or 2 chances we will get. Hopefully any chances fall to McCormack.

Chad Sexington

McGregor

Miller

Oh dear. That team would struggle in the Championship.

Gary Teale is garbage.

We're boned.

Harry Palmer

Wholeheartedly agree.

As much as I think we will get gubbed, I will still be supporting Scotland.

I remember the France game, defiant beforehand with remarks such as "Ach, easy" and "nae bother" but ended up feeling elated afterwards.

I was staying in England at the time and was working next day.. "Told you it would be easy."

We don't expect much but at least try.... Special performance required.

Having just seen the team; Teale? Alexander? Both pish...why? Netherlands 4-0 Scotland

I'm suddenly depressed............

Feck it, Get right aboot them!!!!

Gary Teale is garbage.

We're boned.

I would have had Morrison playing ahead of him myself, but apparently Teale has been brilliant recently for club so happy enough to give him a chance. Its almost a nothing to lose game(besides confidence). the 4 games that follow are the games that we've got to get the results. 13/14 points will get us into the play-offs.

slashishere

Good luck Scotland, really going to need it, but sometimes football can throw in a suprise or two, I hope tonight is one of those nights.

Gigolo-Aunt

That right hand side in a huge problem.

If we know it, Holland will be tugging each other off about it.

I would have had Morrison playing ahead of him myself, but apparently Teale has been brilliant recently for club so happy enough to give him a chance. Its almost a nothing to lose game(besides confidence). the 4 games that follow are the games that we've got to get the results. 13/14 points will get us into the play-offs.

I think Morrisons quite a decent player. Whenever I've seen West Brom he always looks like one of their main men and more than holds his own in the Premiership.

I can't EVER remember being excited by anything Teale has done. Who does he even play for?

I think Morrisons quite a decent player. Whenever I've seen West Brom he always looks like one of their main men and more than holds his own in the Premiership.

I can't EVER remember being excited by anything Teale has done. Who does he even play for?

Teale has done ok recentley but that is in the championship and all the Dutch players are doing it in top leagues in Europe (except the keeper) would have been happier seeing a more defensive player out wide and have someone in the middle supporting miller because as it is he'll get isolated very quickly

Teale has done ok recentley but that is in the championship and all the Dutch players are doing it in top leagues in Europe (except the keeper) would have been happier seeing a more defensive player out wide and have someone in the middle supporting miller because as it is he'll get isolated very quickly

Think the idea is to keep Gio back and the RB is their weak link.

I'm happy that it looks like we're going to have a go at them,nothing to lose IMO,dammed if you do and all that.

McGregor

Miller

What we need is Ferguson and Teale holding back, McCormack and Brown pushing forward and Fletcher pulling the strings in midfield.

If we're still level after about 70-75 minutes, we bring on a second striker for Teale or McCormack, put Brown on the wing and play a 4-4-2.

Gigolo-Aunt
What we need is Ferguson and Teale holding back, McCormack and Brown pushing forward and Fletcher pulling the strings in midfield.

If we're still level after about 70-75 minutes, we bring on a second striker for Teale or McCormack, put Brown on the wing and play a 4-4-2.

If Scotland are still level after 70 mins mate, there is more chance of Judy Garland making an appearance that Scotland going 442.

Erm,why?

Erm,why?

If we brought of Teale or McCormack, we'd only have 1 winger on, we'd need someone to cover, Brown's direct running is the type of attribute you need out wide.

The Tartan Army thread that got closed was one of the most cringe-worthy things i have ever witnessed on this site. Grown men crawling over one another to have a go at our national team. ****ing embarrassing.

This thread's to post team news, links to the game, and wish the boys well for what is guaranteed to be an enormous task. Nothing is impossible though, and having been beaten in France 5-0, and winning their on our return; who knows?

Come on Scotland.

Not anti Scottish, anti GFA yes.

If we brought of Teale or McCormack, we'd only have 1 winger on, we'd need someone to cover, Brown's direct running is the type of attribute you need out wide.

I do see where your coming from bud,but Brown is really important for us in the middle of the park,IMO he is the one player who can get right intae them,stop their class players playing,he would be wasted out there.

TBH if we are 0-0 after 70 odd mins I would stick Iwelumo(spl) up front and just hack the ball up the park for the last 16 or so mins.

I've already stated I don't care much for this game but I could never wish for us to get beaten. It's strange, I'm a very patriotic person and love Scotland but for some reason the national side never really does it for me in the same way Hearts do. All the same, I'll be watching the game and supporting Scotland.

I don't think we'll get beaten as badly as some people expect. Obviously the game will be all Holland but I can't see a 4 or 5-0 drubbing. I expect Holland to win but I'm going to predict a 2-0 victory for them. I think Alexander will be our weak spot at right back and McCormack is unproven at this level.

We can't afford to sit back with 10 men behind the ball. Our defence isn't good enough for this. I reckon we will get pinned back anyway but I'd like to see us a wee bit more adventurous than me normally are against the big teams away from home.

chester copperpot

Gary Teale is garbage.

We're boned.

Exactly.

Not exactly a patriot, but want my country to win tonight.

Signed, proud Brit/Scot.

Drylaw Hearts
Exactly.

Not exactly a patriot, but want my country to win tonight.

Signed, proud Brit/Scot.

I always had a hunch you were Bi.

:)

peckhamjambo

Come on Scotland.

Excellent opening post

alwaysthereinspirit

McGregor

Miller

Seeing McGregor, Ferguson and Miller in the team only shows how weak we really are. None of the three have been even close to good this season.

The dutch -1 @ evs or 5/6 looks easy money.

It's ****ing bet of the season mate! Bookies must be feeling generous.

Also Netherlands @ 1.33 to win on Betfair is ridiculously high.

It's ****ing bet of the season mate! Bookies must be feeling generous.

Also Netherlands @ 1.33 to win on Betfair is ridiculously high.

I've also just taken for there to be over 2 goals @ 8/11 with Hills.

jambopompey

i think a draw would be our best result, from the team listed i can't see us having too much of an attacking option, Miller will run his arse off all night but with no-one sticking out as a run-off i can't see us having any free play chances, maybe from a corner but i just can't see us scoring, if we keep it to 2 i will be happy with that result, not that i wish us to lose but you have to be honest, we are up again'st one of the best teams in the world.

BUT we have gotten results from no-where before against the better nations only to feck it up against easier/same level opponents soon after

Long and plastic.

hmmmm.

Much prefer the older wooden ones. Doesn't look good for Scotland at all.

chester copperpot
hmmmm.

Much prefer the older wooden ones. Doesn't look good for Scotland at all.

I normally get a feeling about these things (see the 3 freak results hearts have had this season to see how accurate I am).

I dont have this feeling this game though.

SORRY.

Team is far to severely weakened in attacking options.

May aswell go out and have a go, get the experience for the next campaign.

Our draw with Norway effectively ended any chances of us being one of the 2nd placed teams to go through.

That's funny, since as it stands we're in the playoffs... Scotland chances have no where near ended of reaching the playoffs.

I normally get a feeling about these things (see the 3 freak results hearts have had this season to see how accurate I am).

I dont have this feeling this game though.

SORRY.

Stop being a negative bassa, Andy! :laugh:

I'm trying to drive the positive attitude here!!

chester copperpot
Team is far to severely weakened in attacking options.

May aswell go out and have a go, get the experience for the next campaign.Our draw with Norway effectively ended any chances of us being one of the 2nd placed teams to go through.

Mate, we've been saying this since '98.

I want us to qualify.

I actually think if Smith had stayed in charge, we'd have had that qualification.

What the SFA need to do is give our national coach a contract that wont be tempted by the Championship teams or the SPL teams in Scotland.

Easy.

Archived