come on england

winston churchill

winston churchill

i am just leaving for the boozer, good-luck to all the british teams today.

this should get the blood pumping and get us all in the mood.

Guest jambomickey

badluck to england.

Guest Vanbasten1874

Just remembered i am passionate about football that is when any other team is playing engurland . moan the Slovaks .

And here's one for Scotland and our brave Tartan Army footsoldiers...

Go get 'em laddies and lassies....och aye the noo.

maroonlegions

this should get the blood pumping and get us all in the mood

Well speaking as a Scotland fan i just cannae get in the mood listing to that song but Flower of Scotland will tonight.Cant imagine any Engerlund fans getting into the mood from our song but each to their own i suppose.:qqb016:

To be honest, Slovakia will probably lose but there's nothing like an England loss at Wemberley.

Now just have to remember to avoid cheering any Slovak goals at the pub.

maroonlegions

Aye brave is a brave word , wonder what the 1000s of brave Highlanders and Scottish regiments who were first in line and over the bunkers first in the Somme and 2 world wars would have thought about that song right enough.:rifle::peepwall::Bazooka::flag2:

good-luck to all the british teams today.

Correct.

I hope all 5 British teams get a result today.

Guest jambomickey
Aye brave is a brave word , wonder what the 1000s of brave Highlanders and Scottish regiments who were first in line and over the bunkers first in the Somme and 2 world wars would have thought about that song right enough.:rifle::peepwall::Bazooka::flag2:

spot on mate.

Chad Sexington

I'm a Scotland fan but the repetitive singing of that song is a national embarrassment.

The Wembley pitch invaders must be spinning in their graves. :53:

The Wembley pitch invaders must be spinning in their graves. :53:

That was 1977 when we had a great support. Most of them will still be alive. I was at Wembley in 1979 - unfortunately the "Kev'n'Trev" game when we lost 3-1 after taking the lead. We were well in control until a twonk ran on to shake George Woods' hand and the English got time to re-group.

It was carnage in London that weekend and on the way to and from it. I went on a bus from the Clan Tavern in Albert Street. :qqb016::56: :56: :56:

but there is only 4 british teams

Last time i looked at an atlas, 5 separate countries made up the British Isles.

GOOD LUCK TO......ENGLAND!!!??? One of the most arrogant footballing nations in the world, one where their fans hate everyone, particularly Scots,one where their pundits cream their pants while panting on about how brilliant they are.....aye right!!! MON THE SLOVAKS!!!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This is what I'm wearing to the pub tonight:

scotsman.jpg

Mon Scotland.

Correct:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_isles

As for supporting England, no chance for me tonight (not I would anyway). Mrs Chester is a Slovak so they are my adopted nation when they play (unless its Scotland!).

Son Of Anarchy

Exactly!!!!

Cmon Alba,To win tonight with a depleted squad would be a memorable result.

Cmon Engerlund, get stuffed at wimpley by the slovaks.

Come on Scotland.

I am British and proud, but let's quit all this 'i hope all the home nations do well' bull****.

The White Cockade

mod delete

mod delete

Suggest you change that before a Mod sees it. Personal abuse is not allowed on the board, and I wouldn't want anyone to complain about your post. :th_love:

Proud, very proud, right up for the game now.

Come on Engerland!

Drylaw Hearts

What I find ironic is that there are some on here who criticise Aiden McGeady for turning his back on the Scottish National Team when they too have turned their back on that very same Scottish National Team.

portobellojambo1
Correct.

I hope all 5 British teams get a result today.

Pedantic I know but the make up is -

Great Britain (older term) - England, Scotland and Wales

United Kingdom (newer term) - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

British Isles - England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

Ireland formed part of Great Britain and Ireland, which changed names to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland following the partition of Ireland in 1922.

Back to football, such is my limited interest in international football altogether I wouldn't have had a clue who England or Northern Ireland were playing today without looking at JKB over the last couple of days. Similarly I am still none the wiser as to who either Wales ** or the RoI are playing, and don't care.

** - Build up to Wales match just come on Sky, they are playing Finland. Time to head upstairs and start getting ready for the Willie Bauld dinner this evening.

jambopompey

not a big fan of international matches, i do get sucked into the good times (1-0 v France in paris, when we did get to the finals) like some i have lost the passion for Scotland international matches, i feel i lost it in the mid to late 80's.

Now im not a St Georges cross waving supporter of England, but i don't want them to win anything, they are a good team, some outstanding individuals but like many get annoyed at the media hype that always surrounds them. Yes i do take a smug smile when they blow it.

The other nations of the UK i have no ill will towards them, i have enjoyed how Northern Ireland and Wales have managed to claw back some respectability over the past decade, remembering when Northern Ireland couldn't even buy a goal.

I can also see why some folk hate the sight of certain members of the tartan army, we slag of Celtic for their constant use of TBFITW, but we take blind notice of some of the behavour of the tartan army

I hope England get pumped, could'nt care less about Wales or Ireland. I only want Scotland to win.

What I find ironic is that there are some on here who criticise Aiden McGeady for turning his back on the Scottish National Team when they too have turned their back on that very same Scottish National Team.

Are you Aiden McGeady's special chum, why keep bringing this tattieheid up?

Drylaw Hearts
Are you Aiden McGeady's special chum, why keep bringing this tattieheid up?

The clue is in the post.

Charlie-Brown

What about the Isle of Man?

Suggest you change that before a Mod sees it. Personal abuse is not allowed on the board, and I wouldn't want anyone to complain about your post. :th_love:
Heavens ty mergatroid. There's a rat in the Kitchin

****ing hell that strips ugly.

I was just going to say that i thought it was smart as ****.cmon scotland and england and northern ireland.

chester copperpot

I hope England win tonight, but before you jump on my back, I have also wished the Scots team success before I posted on this thread.

Hope that keeps all the folk happy.

Come on all the Home Nations (Unlucky Wales)

jambopompey
I hope England win tonight, but before you jump on my back, I have also wished the Scots team success before I posted on this thread.

Hope that keeps all the folk happy.

Come on all the Home Nations (Unlucky Wales)

the burning question is what to drink, lager, cider, wine

Archived