Get used to it; the closed season approaches

Craigieboy

A Saturday without Hearts playing is murder.

But, now that we are nearly into April, these kind of weekends will be fast upon us.

The thing that annoys me is that during the closed season my other half feels that she has carte blanche to plan stuff for me to do every weekend.

It stinks.

Booooo.

I ended up so starved of football I decided it was a great idea to watch that legends indoor football nonsense they had on the telly last summer. Utter crap. I think I wanted last season to be over by around January but when it happened, it really wasn't worth it...even after watching Hearts in pointless bottom six nonsense fixtures.

Grr. Will just have to take up shopping or daytime drinking at weekends... :(

it's seemed like an incredibly quick season to me, but it's been enjoyable.

golf in the summer. something different to get irate about.

I hate when there's no football.

At least there are still 8 games left and a lot to play for. Hoping to get myself along to all 8 of these games despite the fact I've never really gone to away games every second week.

But, now that we are nearly into April, these kind of weekends will be fast upon us.

The thing that annoys me is that during the closed season my other half feels that she has carte blanche to plan stuff for me to do every weekend.

It stinks.

Booooo.

Get her pumped!

jambopompey
daytime drinking at weekends... :(

thats my normal weekends, with the odd hearts game to break it up for 90 minutes

Harry Roberts

a couple of weeks in the sun trying to get word of any signings which have been made.

a chance to lower the handicap

a european trip , hopefully, to plan

sounds pretty good to be honest

It stinks.

Booooo.

cricket mate, i'll take you down Chester-le-street or there's always the grillage

At least we can all **** and moan about the signings we are/are not making.

:sorcerer:

This pre-season is going to make or break it for us i reckon. Vlads got his man, he's been a success getting the best out if the players we have. If Vlad doesnt support Csaba this pre-season with decent signings then the ambition for the rest of his reign might be set. Of course the credit crunch might come into it but its affecting every team in the SPL but other teams will go out and do the best they can.

Time to dust down the fishing rods, and start filling the freezer again.

:sorcerer:

Why do you put your fishing rods in the freezer:th_love:

It stinks.

Booooo.

Aaaaaaaaaaah. Wimbledon. The Ashes.

Ooooooohhhh nooooooo!

You are a wicked wicked man. How do you sleep.

portobellojambo1

The close season serves its purpose in its own way. During the season if things are not going well all you want is the season to finish. However, when it does finish you actually realise how much you miss football, even when things ain't going well, and all you want is it to start again.

It also gives you a chance to recharge the batteries, and fit in a few hours weekend work for your employer, to ensure both you and your bank account are fully ready for the new season starting.

(Don't know if it is just me but this season seems to have whizzed by)

The close season serves its purpose in its own way. During the season if things are not going well all you want is the season to finish. However, when it does finish you actually realise how much you miss football, even when things ain't going well, and all you want is it to start again.

It also gives you a chance to recharge the batteries, and fit in a few hours weekend work for your employer, to ensure both you and your bank account are fully ready for the new season starting.

(Don't know if it is just me but this season seems to have whizzed by)

unfortunately as you get older is not just the football seasons that whizz in the years seem to go faster as well:42:

portobellojambo1
unfortunately as you get older is not just the football seasons that whizz in the years seem to go faster as well[:42:/quote]

Very true

I dread the close season, even more so this year as there is no International competitions to keep me going.

I'm looking forward to August already.

I agree to an extent..it's murder not having a match warm up this weekend..and fearing the worst for the tartan army as we all do I would guess..but hey the clocks go forward tomorrow nights guys and gals..i know my summer when the season is over will be spent out in the garden playing football with my son not having to spend a fortune on soft play centres every weekend..every cloud does indeed have a silver lining..let's just hope we get some sun this year :sorcerer::sorcerer:

shaun.lawson

Summer is almost here,

Everyone sing oh poo.

Wasps springing,

Cricket lingering,

And hayfever too.

Sing: boo-hoo!

Archived