Transferring files from desktop to laptop

Carl Weathers

Carl Weathers

I've just bought a new laptop and need to transfer some music and programs over from my desktop.

Can anyone recommend the correct cables to buy or how to go about it?

Thanks

buy a 500GB external hard drive. One of my best ever investments.

'ere

PLugs into your USb, move all your files onto it then add them to the laptop. jobs a good 'un.

Incompetnce

Hook the laptop up to your router then transfer the stuff that way, leaves out losing an external hard drive.

Short of that just re-download the programs (If you do that sort of thing... >.>) and transfer the music via a MP3 player seeing as they're just mini hard-drives anyway.

I spent about 20 notes on a cable that was supposed to connect my laptop to my desk top, but I could never get it to work.

The Brow has the easiest solution.

The Brows external drive is probably not a bad idea, and would probably be a useful addition to your PC equipment for storage anyway.

However, If you've got a router on your broadband already then the cheaper option is just get hold of the same type of cable that you are already using to connect the desktop PC to it ( yellow RJ45 'patch' cord ? ) connect your Lappy to the router with the new one - and network the two together so you can share the files ( or copy over ) ......"simples"

The programs themselves though, they will need to be reloaded off the original CD or downloaded and installed again off the net

grumpyjambo
buy a 500GB external hard drive. One of my best ever investments.

'ere

PLugs into your USb, move all your files onto it then add them to the laptop. jobs a good 'un.

Play.com and Tesco have them for under 50 squid, good for keeping a back up of everything as well.

Archived