Brechin to be fined...

Rossco

Because their pitch size is not at a European standard.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brechin_city/7940071.stm

Is it just me, or does anyone think that the SFA will do anything these days to get money?

Even if so, surely squeezing small clubs for every last bit of dough is just going to kill the game?

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Ibrahim Tall

It's not exactly a fine, they've been told they'll be fined in 3 years time if they don't comply with UEFA rules.

marshallschunkychicken

They have to make up the funding gap that there has been during Romanov's silence somehow.

Gordon Smith's standup tanning machine rides on this.

:hammer:

It's not exactly a fine, they've been told they'll be fined in 3 years time if they don't comply with UEFA rules.

I'm sure the UEFA rules only apply to clubs who actually play in Europe (I am willing to be corrected on this). I think it was the SFA's decision to make sure that all parks are UEFA compliant, and if not then they will get fined by the SFA, not by UEFA?

Of course people could disagree, but I can't see Brechin making Europe anytime soon.

those freebies for the assembled foot soldiers of the scottish football illuminati wont pay for themselves you know.

expect a steady flow of red and yellow cards between now and the end of the season to justify another doubling of the last fine for our poor disciplinary record.

Did a wee hunt for the dimensions of other parks in Scotland, thinking this will surely hit a few other clubs ?

The pieandbovril forum has discussed it and has the pitch stats a few posts down

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t64981.html

I also found an earlier BBC article from January

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brechin_city/7828495.stm

I'm not sure what the SFA are after here as the Brechin park easily meets

it's own 'domestic' standards ( 45m width )

What a shower of tom kite the SFA are. Brechin have a nice, traditional, unique old ground and the SFA want them to rip out the character of the ground a great expense for no other reason than that they can tick a box on a checklist.

What a shower of tom kite the SFA are. Brechin have a nice, traditional, unique old ground and the SFA want them to rip out the character of the ground a great expense for no other reason than that they can tick a box on a checklist.
agreed ,its an absolute farce in uefa terms brechin could be on the moon and they wouldnt know. im sure they will find them if the fine is late though

portobellojambo1

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. If their ground, at this time, is of a sufficient size for all the competitions which they participate in why force them to increase it to a size suitable for a competition they are never going to play in.

Archived