Cloughie ITV the now....(merged threads)

Walter Bishop

I think he did too. It's like Championship Manager in real life! I bet loads of us took over Hibs in the game, sold all their best players and ran them into the ground; but he actually did it to a major rival for real...

Aye cause his plan was to run them into the ground...................don't play dumb shaun it doesn't suit you.

shaun.lawson
Aye cause his plan was to run them into the ground...................don't play dumb shaun it doesn't suit you.

I wouldn't put it past him at all, speedbump. Plenty of analysts have suggested what I suspect could have happened.

I wouldn't put it past him at all, speedbump. Plenty of analysts have suggested what I suspect could have happened.

Name some name with sources on here or lose face.

BTW I watched this programme last night and the man himself said he wanted to win the European Cup with Leeds United, that will do for me.

shaun.lawson

BTW I watched this programme last night and the man himself said he wanted to win the European Cup with Leeds United, that will do for me.

I'm not saying it did happen - only that I think it could've done. What do you think he was going to say during the interview? "I took Leeds over in order to ruin them"? I mean, that'd have done wonders for his future employment prospects, wouldn't it?!

His opening line to the Leeds players was utterly bizarre: he must've realised what an enormous risk he was taking. Either that, or... ;) Remember: the guy was pretty much a fundamentalist when it came to the beautiful game, and hated what Leeds had (somewhat unfairly) come to represent. And by the way - if he did do it deliberately, that just makes him even more of a legend in most people's eyes. It'd be hysterically funny.

I'm with speedbump on this one, he hated Leeds but a massive part of that was down to his hatred for Revie more than anything else. I'm quite sure his biggest reason for going to Leeds was as Speedbump said, to win the European Cup so he could do something with Revie's team that Revie didn't

That for Clough would be the ultimate victory

shaun.lawson
I'm with speedbump on this one, he hated Leeds but a massive part of that was down to his hatred for Revie more than anything else. I'm quite sure his biggest reason for going to Leeds was as Speedbump said, to win the European Cup so he could do something with Revie's team that Revie didn't

That for Clough would be the ultimate victory

It's always more sensible to side with the more reasonable explanation when it comes to conspiracy theories. Nothing can be proved, after all. But Cloughie's whole career was preposterous from start to finish - and if anyone could've concocted such a stunning ruse and got away with it, he could.

I have his autobiography mate. Its a compelling read. There is a bit in it about Justin Fashanu which will have you doubled up laughing.

As i say the autobiography is a super read and its hard to put the book down. As for the Damned United mate its a pile of pish and full of Lies.

In all honesty I didn't actually like the book as much as others. It got a bit boring and repetitive towards the end.

The documentary on the otherhand was fantastic. As Alan Partridge alluded to on page 1 it would be great to see what he would make of football today and all the over-paid prima donnas.

Archived