is anyone still REALLY passionate about fitba?

neverlikedElvis

neverlikedElvis

I am still as passionate about Hearts as I ever was. and still get the same, real feeling of "the perfect weekend" when we win and the hubz lose.

that apart scottish fitba for me is dull. we cannae compete with the OF. they cannae compete in europe.

I don't give a hoot about international football and have no real interest at all in the EPL. what working man DOES have any bond with the likes of Ashley Cole, Rooney, Ronaldo etc etc.

if I was offered a free ticket/transport & digs to see either or both legs of Chelsea Liverpool in the CL I'd say ram it.

when teams like aston villa and bolton play weakened teams in the latter stages of the UEFA Cup you ken fitba's goosed.

the only other non-HMFC fitba game I've been to in the past 3 years was elgin v east stirling. it was barry. cracking social club, great laugh with the ES fans (by bro-in-law is an Elgin ST). I'd take that over the EPL anyday.

Nope, I feel removed from so called stars in the Scottish game.

If we get beat nowdays I don't go home and sulk, I still go out and enjoy my weekend.

JT's & Irons

I'm still gutted when Hearts or West Ham get beat but it's not the same as when I was younger. I s'pose we've all gotta grow up. Losin a derby still stings mind.

I am still as passionate about Hearts as I ever was. and still get the same, real feeling of "the perfect weekend" when we win and the hubz lose.

that apart scottish fitba for me is dull. we cannae compete with the OF. they cannae compete in europe.

I don't give a hoot about international football and have no real interest at all in the EPL. what working man DOES have any bond with the likes of Ashley Cole, Rooney, Ronaldo etc etc.

if I was offered a free ticket/transport & digs to see either or both legs of Chelsea Liverpool in the CL I'd say ram it.

when teams like aston villa and bolton play weakened teams in the latter stages of the UEFA Cup you ken fitba's goosed.

the only other non-HMFC fitba game I've been to in the past 3 years was elgin v east stirling. it was barry. cracking social club, great laugh with the ES fans (by bro-in-law is an Elgin ST). I'd take that over the EPL anyday.

it's all about supporting hearts, that's the be-all-and-end-all.

scottish football was never the top echelon anyway. it's dipped a bit of late but it hardly matters. it's all about being a hearts fan, hoping hearts do well against the competition we are up against.

If we get beat nowdays I don't go home and sulk, I still go out and enjoy my weekend.

:dito:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

is anyone still REALLY passionate about fitba?

As a season ticket holder with a round trip of just under 1000 miles to Tynecastle to watch the team then passion is certainly one word i would use.

neverlikedElvis

I sulked this season when the dhims beat us 0-2 at Tynie because we were worryingly poor. likewise when we lost 0-4 to rangers last season.

other defeats still disappoint big time but are managable when there's been effort.

Gods a Jambo
I'm still gutted when Hearts or West Ham get beat but it's not the same as when I was younger. I s'pose we've all gotta grow up. Losin a derby still stings mind.

I have to say i disagree with that part of your post m8. I love hearts like a member of my family and if we get beat i am spewing, i am also 30 years old. I dont see how you "grow up" as that makes it sound as if it is child like to be gutted that the team you love got beat.

I dont think i will ever lose that feeling and the day i do is the day i think i will give up hearts.

I have to say i disagree with that part of your post m8. I love hearts like a member of my family and if we get beat i am spewing, i am also 30 years old. I dont see how you "grow up" as that makes it sound as if it is child like to be gutted that the team you love got beat.

I dont think i will ever lose that feeling and the day i do is the day i think i will give up hearts.

Do you walk around with your face tripping you?

Not having a pop.

Gods a Jambo
Do you walk around with your face tripping you?

Not having a pop.

Mate, if we get beat, i have to have the needle and thred on standby as my face is torn.

I seem to struggle to get it out of my system for a couple of days. I still function like any other normal person but it is at the back of my mind and i am a moody cfunt.

I don`t think anyone loses their passion or love for the game or club but maybe we`ve become more detached from the players?

There`s no more homebred heroes. No cult heroes or players with ability that make you impatient waiting for the next game to come along.

I suppose there doesn`t seem to be that siege mentality among the fans now either apart from the odd ocassion. There`s too many do-gooders whingeing about songs and away days are too expensive to go to week in week out when Hearts would take healthy support to most places and it was a boys day out.

Something`s been diluted but i couldn`t tell you exactly what it is?

Gods a Jambo
I don`t think anyone loses their passion or love for the game or club but maybe we`ve become more detached from the players?

There`s no more homebred heroes. No cult heroes or players with ability that make you impatient waiting for the next game to come along.

I suppose there doesn`t seem to be that siege mentality among the fans now either apart from the odd ocassion. There`s too many do-gooders whingeing about songs and away days are too expensive to go to week in week out when Hearts would take healthy support to most places and it was a boys day out.

Agree 100%

Mate, if we get beat, i have to have the needle and thred on standby as my face is torn.

I seem to struggle to get it out of my system for a couple of days. I still function like any other normal person but it is at the back of my mind and i am a moody cfunt.

Whoa there fella:qqb016:

The People's Chimp

I think the SFA and referees have contributed massively to a sense of disenchantment and disgust amongst a lot of Scottish Football fans.

OFGTF

Is this a reference to the senior policeman who said there was a spike in domestic violence after Rangers lost the CIS Cup? In that case, no I don?t go home and batter the fiancee when Hearts lose...:smash::smash:

Gods a Jambo
Whoa there fella:qqb016:

Why? If thats how i deal with it then thats my perogative. U cant always change how you feel about something, you can try to condition yourself to adopt a new aproach, but for me that would mean i would have to stop caring or stop taking an interest so as to not let it bother me.

If you go out on the lash and forget about it then thats good for you mate. I dont sit in a darkened room in my strides crying whilst watching a re-run of the game. I meerely find it hard to put out of my head as iam severely ****ed off.

Women at games, old farts telling you to sit down, removal of terracing, ersehole stewards...i could go on.

I think the SFA and referees have contributed massively to a sense of disenchantment and disgust amongst a lot of Scottish Football fans.

OFGTF

could be a lot in that. a case of 'what's the bloody point?'

grumpyespana

Still get that gutted feeling when we draw or get beat but the next day I am ready for the following weeks game, as for Scotland I am ashamed to say I couldnt care two hoots about them now.

Grumpy.

I follow the SPL as far as hearts, and the teams around us when it matters how they did.

I get alot of pleasure out of the EPL, even the religation sides are more exciting than our best. I support everton as much as i do hearts, So i dont feel detached from the EPL football at all. We just have to take the fact that were playing at a much lower level than they are, and enjoy watching the games when for the most part, nothing is at stake. Its good watching football, where its as exciting as watching your own team play even when your just a neurtal.

shaun.lawson

I'm an oddball. This season at least, I've been an internet fan (:o), but am probably more obsessed by the game than ever. I hope that I'm starting to develop a more emotional and less detached view than I'm sometimes notorious for - but I know my future lies in writing about football in some form or other, and hope it'll involve basing myself in Scotland too. There's so much that's wrong in Scottish football, but my interest in it just grows by the day, as does my love of Hearts.

Mind you, football is still only the most important of the least important things in life. It doesn't come close to family, friends or loved ones - and I myself need to remember that when I go off on yet another rant about whatever. It matters though: it's a big part of our lives, and moves people like no other game on Earth.

Women at games, old farts telling you to sit down, removal of terracing, ersehole stewards...i could go on.

Agree, a woman's place is in the kitchen.

:hanged:

Buffalo Bill

I still get really excited when something good happens to Hearts.

But season 07/08 changed me as in some way. I stopped feeling crushed when something bad happened. Instead, I just felt indifferent.

The worse bits were the three league loses over Christmas, the end of season collapse, and the long wait for the manager. It wasn't as if any of that made me angry. I think it just made me bored.

I knew things were better this season when we lost to Falkirk in the cup: because that horrible painful feeling returned.

Thank **** for Csaba Laszlo.

Buffalo Bill

I have marroon blood..as you can see from my avator..I am guiding my Tynie Tiger to feel the force..I can rise above the jokes as many men can't wash cars, cut grass or do odd jobs anymore either..neither do they wash dishes or make dinner..both sexes work full time now so it's fair to say gender superiority is a myth.. i also grew up on the terraces..cope with it

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Certain circumstances mean I cant attend as many games as I used to but I am still as passionate as ever. I have never known the days of Scottish football being "world class". Sure the SPL is pretty bad but its all we have and until something happens to change it we have to deal with it.

And its at this time of year when the fecking Grouse Beaters called Finlay and Struan are floating about town watching the egg chasing that I realise how lucky we are to have football as our number one passion.

For me, it will never go.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm fitbaw daft. Always have been always will be. Love playing, watching and talking about it ... sometimes wonder what I'd do without it!

Thing is though, I don't like players at all. I actually dislike the majority of them, they are so far out of reach from the working class folks it's stupid. They live in their own world and we live in ours ... no worries. It always makes me laugh when you see all the hangers on and daft bints drooling over average footballers in clubs. Get a life guys.

shaun.lawson
I'm fitbaw daft. Always have been always will be. Love playing, watching and talking about it ... sometimes wonder what I'd do without it!

Thing is though, I don't like players at all. I actually dislike the majority of them, they are so far out of reach from the working class folks it's stupid. They live in their own world and we live in ours ... no worries. It always makes me laugh when you see all the hangers on and daft bints drooling over average footballers in clubs. Get a life guys.

If you ever have the chance to view a professional footballer's Facebook page, it can make for thoroughly dispiriting reading. Thing is, I've thought for a while now that many footballers probably hold the fans in contempt as much as we do them; and what is ostentatious badge kissing before moving on as soon as you're made a better offer other than taking the **** out of fans? More fool those who buy it really.

If you ever have the chance to view a professional footballer's Facebook page, it can make for thoroughly dispiriting reading. Thing is, I've thought for a while now that many footballers probably hold the fans in contempt as much as we do them; and what is ostentatious badge kissing before moving on as soon as you're made a better offer other than taking the **** out of fans? More fool those who buy it really.

I wouldn't even waste my time by having a look! Don't get me wrong, for every bawbag there is probably a really decent guy. By all accounts Andy Driver is a great lad but then you've got your Riordans and Murrays. Just total arseholes. God knows what they think of fans .... who cares really. Loads of folk are wide for daft footballers these days as the gap grows bigger, which is comforting.

I felt more passion towards Brian Clough tonight than I have for any footballer since I was a bairn. Says it all really.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Robinho on their hundreds of thousands of pounds a week for kicking a ball about while we work all week (in much more demanding jobs) to watch them. Something went wrong somewhere!

Saying all that though .... footballs still barry. :sorcerer:

shaun.lawson
I wouldn't even waste my time by having a look! Don't get me wrong, for every bawbag there is probably a really decent guy. By all accounts Andy Driver is a great lad but then you've got your Riordans and Murrays. Just total arseholes. God knows what they think of fans .... who cares really. Loads of folk are wide for daft footballers these days as the gap grows bigger, which is comforting.

I felt more passion towards Brian Clough tonight than I have for any footballer since I was a bairn. Says it all really.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Frank Lampard, Robinho on their hundreds of thousands of pounds a week for kicking a ball about while we work all week (in much more demanding jobs) to watch them. Something went wrong somewhere!

It's human nature to think things were better in the past, of course - but I have to agree. Diego Maradona was so good he moved me to tears (in a good way, I mean; I'm a rare Englishman in that respect); so did Cloughie and the incredible passion of Bobby Robson; so, indeed, did JJ's post-match interview on 16/5/98. Mourinho makes me laugh, frequently - if there's one manager in the world I'd love to be able to meet and have a chat with, it's him - but the greed and shallowness of so many others leaves me cold.

And yet, despite it all, it's still a fantastic game, and I dread to think what life would be like without it.

the greed and shallowness of so many others leaves me cold.

Good way to describe it.

14cole.jpg

becksarongPA2512_468x707.jpg

wagsPA_450x300.jpg

:42:

this_is_my_story

Agree with some of what you've said in your posts on the thread AP, and Shaun's point about footballers probably holding the fans in as much contempt as we do them is probably, very sadly, true.

But on the subject of top players receiving ?100/200k weekly salaries - if the money is in the game to pay them as handsomely (as it no doubt is, in the case of the EPL & La Liga etc), then it's not a surprise that they're earning what they do. After all, if you're amongst the top few in your country/Europe/the world at whatever you do, then the chances are you'll be getting paid very well for it. Top golfers and tennis stars also receive huge amounts of money in their fields, but yet they don't seem to end up getting the same amount of stick as footballers. If you class football as being entertainment, then what of the amounts earned by top movie stars for their part in any one film!?

All things considered - yes, the money paid to top footballers probably is obscene. But it's all relative.

this_is_my_story
Good way to describe it.

14cole.jpg

becksarongPA2512_468x707.jpg

wagsPA_450x300.jpg

:42:

Cheryl looks as filthy as a coal miner's thumb in that pic by the way. :Agree: Mrs Beckham, on the other hand... not so much!!

For me, it is part of life. The obsession is very much a balance, if things go well I am set for the weekend, high on the success that the guys have provided. Losing is absolutely terrible and can very often ruin my weekend. Losing a derby is a guaranteed weekend ruiner, straight home after a lost derby is the only way to go.

I have never really had the obsessive interest in other teams, it has always been about Hearts, I love Hearts far more than I care about football.

As for the players, It all changed for me years ago when I started to be a similar age to the players, when I hit 17/18 and some of the young kids were my age I still looked up to the senior players, however once I got into my twenties, any awe I had for them as men evaporated.

The only game i have went home from totally ****ed off and raging from this season was Falkirk in the cup.

HMFC is the most important thing in my life.

IF that's True, Then you have one SAD life mate!! :56::hanged:

But, I think you're kiddin' :sorcerer:

Guest Vanbasten1874

Hearts daft i am but fitba daft naw hate getting beat big style and must be a mare to be around after one. Moody as **** sullen unco-operative dont look at the papers for days no internet no tv and im the wrong side of forty btw the passion for Hearts never wanes . Gave up on Scotland eons ago dont give a monkeys about english fitba couldnt care less about the CL or european fitba that is until my beloved Hearts are involved never watched the LC final wont watch the SC final wont watch any english finals but give me any meaningless game involving the Jambos and your sure to find me screaming the house down veins in the neck bulging but passionate about fitba naw no me .

football is nothing more than a giant cash machine. the romance, passion & soul has been ripped from it. the day's of minnows rising from the depths are gone. you can only go as far as the cash you've got. the cloughie subject tie's in nicely with this. his achievements will never be seen again as thing's stand. we all have to thank marc bosman for this, although it may have went that way anyway, he set the ball rolling

I still get really excited when something good happens to Hearts.

But season 07/08 changed me as in some way. I stopped feeling crushed when something bad happened. Instead, I just felt indifferent.

The worse bits were the three league loses over Christmas, the end of season collapse, and the long wait for the manager. It wasn't as if any of that made me angry. I think it just made me bored.

I knew things were better this season when we lost to Falkirk in the cup: because that horrible painful feeling returned.

Thank **** for Csaba Laszlo.

Buffalo Bill

Its interesting what you say about season 07/08 - I went to all the games home and away and it was a horror show virtually from start to finish. I wouldn't say I felt "indifferent" though. I'm not sure I've ever felt as low in my time watching Hearts, as heading back from Tannadice on 2nd January having lost 4-1 and ended the game with 8 men - at that point I honestly feared that relegation was a possibility.

I must admit, though, that when the final whistle went at Fir Park in the final game against Gretna most of us there felt more like laughing than crying - losing 1-0 to a team that were about to go out of business with a goal in the third minute of stoppage time was such an appropriate end to the season - it summed it up perfectly. What's more I think most of us were just mightily relieved that the hell that was season 07-08 was finally over.

Guest edinburghsaint

i completly agree i am a huge hearts and southampton fan and still only 18 but ive been through so much tbh wen hearts win and saints win am buzzin all week but if we get beat its like someone has died tbh wen we lost to hivs i was goin mental tbh i h8 them so much lol but u can look at the weekends result at ipox we were 2-0 dwn fans still sung there heart out and look wat happened look at the reaction tells u everythin there bh m8 x

I agree with a lot of what has been said however I totally agree with Bighusref. Weekend spoiled. No way am I buying the Sunday papers or listening to reports on the game. Why should I depress myself further? I too thought I would grow out of this as I matured-no chance. For me the hurt never goes----until we win the next.

Gods a Jambo
I agree with a lot of what has been said however I totally agree with Bighusref. Weekend spoiled. No way am I buying the Sunday papers or listening to reports on the game. Why should I depress myself further? I too thought I would grow out of this as I matured-no chance. For me the hurt never goes----until we win the next.

My feelings exactly.

robin hood jambo

Still love the fitba

travelled to new zealand and made sure my travel iteniry made sure i left after the derby and get back for the smeltic game!

Stayed up till 3AM NZ time to watch the rangers game on hearts world.

Been in NZ and have been checkin daily as to what is happinin back home!

to be honest new zealands bored me now so off to off Oz for the scotland game and will be back online for the Killie game.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wouldn't get myself out of bed in the middle of the night for anything else. By that logic I must be as passionate as I ever was.

I posted something similar to this thread a year or so ago

I feel the exact same

Football nowadays is mainly crap.

Most clubs in top flight go out and play with 'self preservation' in mind.

There is far too much money to lose should anyone get relegated

Far too many games are dull with the odd set piece goal

Most footballers are spoilt rotten and in the words of my dear old granny "don't even know they are born"

The slightest graze to a knee and they are flown off to the States for a 'scan' when all they do is relax in the sun for a week.

Far too many players don't give a flying ***** if the team win lose or draw as long as they drive out the stadium in their Bentley.

Take Robinho for example. What a waste of space that boy is. I have never seen a footballer try less (well, apart from our very own Laryea Kingston)

So in summary it is indeed guff but my love for Hearts conquers all

Harry Roberts

i'm as passionate about hearts as i've ever been, i don't think that'll ever leave.

other football, i can take or leave, sure if i'm out with mates and there is a game on, i may watch but i'm not interested per se.

take tomorrows game for example, i know 12 guys who have travelled to amsterdam, i also know that virtually all of my mates will be in the pub early doors getting ready for the big game.

me? i couldn't care less. i wouldn't say i want them to get beat, i just wont care if they do, nor will i be any happier should they win, all in all i'm pee'd off hearts aren't playing this weekend.

passionate about hearts? most definately

passionate about 'other' football? no.

Excellent post!Hope Scotland do well, but Hearts come first with me!

Archived