Evening News in more Hibs spin??

MMHearts

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-beat-crunch-with-new.5105963.jp

Non-story if ever I almost read one. Hibs have a new shirt sponsor - doesn't reveal who or how much!!

Financial giants F&C investments have renewed their sponsorship of the players shorts!!

G4S have sponsored the players tunnel!!

Hibs have reduced their debt!!

Hibs are looking at Trevor Benjamin who once cost ?1.2m!!

Hibs have (what is considered) the best strikeforce outside the old firm!!

Hibs might have lost the reserve derby 1-0 to nasty nasty Hearts but on the positive side 7 of the (succesful?) u19 side were stripped for the game (9 of the Hearts side were from our u19 side).

There is no bad news at all from this side of the town. None whatsoever.

No bad news.

All is good!

David Hardie must be getting paid by Hibs as well as the Evening News for this guff!!

Ray Winstone

If you seriously believe the EN has a pro-Hibs agenda then I think maybe you need to seek proffesional help.

Its information that if it was about Hearts we would be keen to read about.

Non-story if ever I almost read one. Hibs have a new shirt sponsor - doesn't reveal who or how much!!

Financial giants F&C investments have renewed their sponsorship of the players shorts!!

Hibs are looking at Trevor Benjamin who once cost ?1.2m!!

Hibs have (what is considered) the best strikeforce outside the old firm!!

Hibs might have lost the reserve derby 1-0 to nasty nasty Hearts but on the positive side 7 of the (succesful?) u19 side were stripped for the game (9 of the Hearts side were from our u19 side).

No bad news.

All is good!

David Hardie must be getting paid by Hibs as well as the Evening News for this guff!!

1.2m turkish lira more like

If you seriously believe the EN has a pro-Hibs agenda then I think maybe you need to seek proffesional help.

david hardie most definately has a pro hibs agenda,to think anything less is pure folly and anyone not picking up on this definately needs to seek help.............:smash:

Gods a Jambo

I am sorry, but if you dont think that the Evening news has a hibs agenda then i can assume you havent read it very often. The rag is as good as a ****ing hibs fanzine. I happen to know that more than a few that work at the news are hibbys.

I am sorry, but if you dont think that the Evening news has a hibs agenda then i can assume you havent read it very often. The rag is as good as a ****ing hibs fanzine. I happen to know that more than a few that work at the news are hibbys.

Should call it the Evening Green

gorgie rd eh11
Total hibs rag along with its sister papers The Scotsman and Scotland on Sunday.

:dito:

Geordie Jambo

the sponsor of the wee team is ....... wait for it .......

McEwan Fraser, who are a property investment company in Edinburgh.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Does the editor and sports journalist's run the paper to promote Hibs ?

To me this original article has a lot of truth in it apart from Hibs having the

best strike force out-with the old firm - which is indeed false - Dundee Utd

have scored more goals so far this season . They also give Hibs more back page spreads and centre sports section coverage . It is plain to see the bias towards the green team .

Why would the Edinburgh Evening News / Scotsman want to alienate all Hearts supporters from buying there newspapers ? They have done a very good job in the last few years in doing so , no doubt reflecting in their Edinburgh sales figures . They are clueless in trying to attract Jambo's in buying it .

At times the paper is a local comic anyway with hardly any content of further afield UK news and virtually no up to date International news .

Surely they must get their act together in providing todays news on the day the paper is printed .

At times the paper is a local comic anyway with hardly any content of further afield UK news and virtually no up to date International news .

Surely they must get their act together in providing todays news on the day the paper is printed .

EDINBURGH Evening News, it's a local paper. If it were to run more UK and International stories it would be in direct competition with it's sister paper The Scotsman.

Csaba's Broon Shoes
EDINBURGH Evening News, it's a local paper. If it were to run more UK and International stories it would be in direct competition with it's sister paper The Scotsman.

Who wants to read about wee Iza and big Nelly fi Portobelli having their washing stolen again or big Keith fi Leith having his hub caps tacken away ?

So we have a PROPERTY investment firm spending cash to sponsor Hibs? I can only assume that the credit crunch hasn't affected them at all - what are the chances of that eh?

As for the four firms "battling" it out to supply the kit I can only assume that this is more EEN brown tonguing going on with the Hibs PR director. I'm guessing the firms are Coq Sportif, Bukta, George & F&F.

Does David Hardie have his wages paid by Hibs? He surely can't be employed by the EEN if this is the Hibs press release cut and paste style reports he is filing.

Who wants to read about wee Iza and big Nelly fi Portobelli having their washing stolen again or big Keith fi Leith having his hub caps tacken away ?

That is the whole point of it, it's a local paper!!! FFS!

maroonedinoz
david hardie most definately has a pro hibs agenda,to think anything less is pure folly and anyone not picking up on this definately needs to seek help.............:smash:

I have a friend who worked in the News office alongside David Hardie.

Appprently Hardie is anything BUT a Hibs supporter.

So basically what he does is go along to Easter Rd, collect the latest PR announcement, go back to the office and copy what's in it just in time for the pub to open. What a pro.

Orkneyjambo

David Hardie may well be a Rangers supporter but he knows that his job is to produce good news stories about Hibs and has been for years. No surprises that he has to turn next to nothing into a story from time to time. Got to feel sorry for the lad

i didn't say david hardie WAS a hibs supporter,only that his reporting has most definately has got a pro hibs agenda........................

that is patently obvious to anyone reading his articles on a daily basis,to suggest anything else is pure folly...............................

Hibs are looking at Trevor Benjamin who once cost ?1.2m!!Hibs have (what is considered) the best strikeforce outside the old firm!!

No bad news.

All is good!

I`ts actually a misprint, it should have read Floella Benjamin who`s earned ?1.2m.

Gods a Jambo
i didn't say david hardie WAS a hibs supporter,only that his reporting has most definately has got a pro hibs agenda........................

that is patently obvious to anyone reading his articles on a daily basis,to suggest anything else is pure folly...............................

You're right in what you're saying mate. Hardie is a hun but then so is banderson, the difference is that hardie must be blowing the whole hibs team as his "articles" border on verbal masterbation.

Colleen is another that writes as if she is being forced to write about hearts, the paper is a hibs rag, the guy i know who works for the paper even has a joke about the bias.

Just had a look at tonight's paper. Back page..Hibs..except wee bit about Driver. Another 2 full pages of Hibs..Nish story and shirt sponsor story. No other Hearts news.

English cricket gets one column..the same as Hearts.

Archived