January 2006 transfer window

7colquhoun

Random question partly because of my failing memory & I can't be bothered looking it up, but back on the last day of the 2006 January transfer window we brought in 8(?) new players - are any of them still with us?

Random question partly because of my failing memory & I can't be bothered looking it up, but back on the last day of the 2006 January transfer window we brought in 8(?) new players - are any of them still with us?

Yes, some.

thehibsaregay

bruno

Drylaw Hearts

Unless I'm mistaken......

Bruno and Goncalves are the only players still signed to Hearts from that Transfer Window.

heartsfc_fan

The players we brought in I think:

Makela

Beslija

Hackett

Johnson (Lee not Eggert!)

Goncalves

McCann

Aguiar

Petras

Stranecy (sp?)

Only Aguiar remains, Goncalves on loan.

Drylaw Hearts
The players we brought in I think:

Makela

Beslija

Hackett

Johnson (Lee not Eggert!)

Goncalves

McCann

Aguiar

Petras

Stranecy (sp?)

Only Aguiar remains, Goncalves on loan.

You forgot Barasa and M'Bholi(?).

Buffalo Bill

I still don't think we gave Martin Petras any sort of a fair chance.

I saw his Slovakian team stick five past Wales in Cardiff shortly after and he produced a masterclass in midfield.

Maybe politics got in the way?

Buffalo Bill

I still don't think we gave Martin Petras any sort of a fair chance.

I saw his Slovakian team stick five past Wales in Cardiff shortly after and he produced a masterclass in midfield.

Maybe politics got in the way?

Buffalo Bill

Didn't Petras come on as sub at half time in a game then get subbed midway through the 2nd half, or was that Straceny?

Didn't Petras come on as sub at half time in a game then get subbed midway through the 2nd half, or was that Straceny?

I only saw him in the home games and in these games (especially that one) thought he was terrible. He probably is a reasonable player but he certainly did not fit into our team set up at that time.

I only saw him in the home games and in these games (especially that one) thought he was terrible. He probably is a reasonable player but he certainly did not fit into our team set up at that time.

Aye he was truly awfuly, as was Barasa. I guess that batch of players was a sign of things to come for us, lots of player turnover but with a very low success rate.

Aye he was truly awfuly, as was Barasa. I guess that batch of players was a sign of things to come for us, lots of player turnover but with a very low success rate.

How dare you!!!!!!! Most underrated player in recent times, a legend.

he scored the winning goal for viktoria zizkov versus rangers in europe IIRC.

rossthejambo
How dare you!!!!!!! Most underrated player in recent times, a legend.

agreed. i quite liked barasa :sorcerer: he was a machine. thought he was a pretty reasonable right back and if it wasn't for injuries could have done alright in that position

Midloth_Iain

Given the correct management team and had they stayed injury free,Barasa and Petras, could have been decent Hearts players.

Given the correct management team and had they stayed injury free,Barasa and Petras, could have been decent Hearts players.

I don't think Petras got much of a chance, but I didn't take to Barasa at all. Might have had the talent but (to me anyway) it was overshadowed by his diving & bad tackling.

agreed. i quite liked barasa :sorcerer: he was a machine. thought he was a pretty reasonable right back and if it wasn't for injuries could have done alright in that position

I think its the fact you could feasbly expect Barassa to sit on the pitch at full time and pick the raw meat from the bones of his vanquished foes and chow down, smearing his face in the blood and offering the souls as tribute to the Sun God. Maybe make a rudimentary hat from a stray head

At right back he was good, not so much at right mid, his injuries never let us see the best of him.

Archived