Rangers Sabotage

TommyC

Is it me or do f*****g Rankgers pull out many people every time Burley announces a squad. Not that I'm complaining about these two, but Weir and Broadfoot are out of the squad injured. Weir was missing at the weekend fair enough, but Broadfoot? Also Barry Fergsuon is suddenly "struggling". I know I'll get slated for this but I actually rate Barry as a decent player. Too many withdrawals, it's not right. Commons is also out which sukcs as we now have no dangerous wingers for the Iceland game to provide some balls in. Both Maloney and Commons out which probably means we'll be stuck with Teale :(

Yes it's a loyalist/rangers/masonic/crown supported plot against Scotland:innocent:

Neither of the Old Firm squads on the whole seem to care about the Scotland set-up. Celtic seem slightly improved recently which is most likely down to Strachan.

The Comedian
Is it me or do f*****g Rankgers pull out many people every time Burley announces a squad. Not that I'm complaining about these two, but Weir and Broadfoot are out of the squad injured. Weir was missing at the weekend fair enough, but Broadfoot? Also Barry Fergsuon is suddenly "struggling". I know I'll get slated for this but I actually rate Barry as a decent player. Too many withdrawals, it's not right. Commons is also out which sukcs as we now have no dangerous wingers for the Iceland game to provide some balls in. Both Maloney and Commons out which probably means we'll be stuck with Teale :(

At last some good news.

Yes it's a loyalist/rangers/masonic/crown supported plot against Scotland:innocent:

Hardly a plot, just that they don't give a crap about Scotland is what I'm saying.

Hardly a plot, just that they don't give a crap about Scotland is what I'm saying.

Darn I was gonna get the issue brought up in parliament as well. I am sure there are many paranoid Labour M.S.P.'s who would think it is a conspiracy.

CF11JamTart

And haven't given a crap for over 20 years...

brellierlegend

On another note if Burley plays that useless bassa McGregor on Sat I will withdraw any withering support I have left for him!

On another note if Burley plays that useless bassa McGregor on Sat I will withdraw any withering support I have left for him!

Imagine playing a goalkeeper who has been playing every week ahead of one who has played 1 top team game in 3 months, he must be tripping to be thinking of doing that................................

With Rangers struggling in the league, it's no surprise they have pulled their players. If Burley was a man, he would demand they turn up for a medical, and then refuse to play them ever again. Won't happen but it should.

Paul Hartely has just pulled out of the squad....................maybe he's been got to as well or tapped up by the MI5/6:20:

Guest Dipped Flake

Rangers players have always pulled out of the Scotland squad far more regularly than any other teams players but, like every other aspect of Scottish football, they are allowed to do what they want with impunity. No loss at all to the Scotland team with these 2 dropping out.

On the Gordon point, although I am a great fan of his, if McGregor gets the nod I wouldn't have a great issue with it. Gordon hasn't played for weeks so can see why Burley might be tempted to drop him. Still hope Gordon plays though

portobellojambo1
They did turn up at the Loch Lomond meet up and Weir and Broadfoot, along with Kris Commons, were declared unfit by the Scotland physio.

Ferguson and McManus were given a chance and so remain with the squad.

God Borthers, what a spoil sport you are, stating fact as above. The "they don't care about Scotland" conspiracy theorists will at this very moment be frantically bouncing about the internet trying to find out if the Scottish team's physio is a Unionist traitor.

Steven Whittaker has been called up to replace Broadfoot.

God Borthers, what a spoil sport you are, stating fact as above. The "they don't care about Scotland" conspiracy theorists will at this very moment be frantically bouncing about the internet trying to find out if the Scottish team's physio is a Unionist traitor.

A good move in my eyes.

As for the rest of your post, he's a former County Grand Master!

I don't think that there is really any debate over Ranger's players present day and historical commitment to the Scottish national side. Showing up to play against the Dutch doesn't alter that.

The way yourself and Speedbump want to bring nonsense about conspiracy theories and Unionists into what is a perfectly rational thread is kinda creepy though. Argument in an empty room springs to mind.

I don't think that there is really any debate over Ranger's players present day and historical commitment to the Scottish national side. Showing up to play against the Dutch doesn't alter that.

The way yourself and Speedbump want to bring nonsense about conspiracy theories and Unionists into what is a perfectly rational thread is kinda creepy though. Argument in an empty room springs to mind.

I give you the thread title.........Rangers Sabotage.

portobellojambo1

I actually thought the thread was relatively irrational, until such time as Borthers posted the truth, i.e. these players did not pull out of the squad, they were pulled out by the physio to the Scottish team, because they were unfit. Until then people were using assumptions as to why they had been pulled out, assumptions which proved to be incorrect, i.e. it is what Rangers and Celtic players do.

Given that Rangers and Celtic tend to supply many of the players to the national squad, and have done for multitudes of years, chances are that if a percentage of players are pulled out of any given squad a few names from Rangers and Celtic will be amongst them, as is the case this time round.

I believe if selected now players have to turn up ** and be assessed by the national team doctor/physio, which should in theory switch the point of blame in the future. (** - may be wrong but I think that is now the case)

I actually thought the thread was relatively irrational, until such time as Borthers posted the truth, i.e. these players did not pull out of the squad, they were pulled out by the physio to the Scottish team, because they were unfit. Until then people were using assumptions as to why they had been pulled out, assumptions which proved to be incorrect, i.e. it is what Rangers and Celtic players do.

Given that Rangers and Celtic tend to supply many of the players to the national squad, and have done for multitudes of years, chances are that if a percentage of players are pulled out of any given squad a few names from Rangers and Celtic will be amongst them, as is the case this time round.

I believe if selected now players have to turn up ** and be assessed by the national team doctor/physio, which should in theory switch the point of blame in the future. (** - may be wrong but I think that is now the case)

Yeah, I can't see many professionals wanting to miss a game against a side like Holland so the thread is fairly redundant but it's glaringly obvious that Rangers and Celtic players use the national side as and when they feel like it.

Take any international prior to an Old Firm game as evidence. I'm sure there was one recently where 4 or 5 players pulled out to play at the weekend.

It's not a new phenomenon. So whilst the OP may be wide of the mark on this occasion, I don't think he deserves to be mocked as if the suggestion is completely ludicrous.

Yeah, I can't see many professionals wanting to miss a game against a side like Holland so the thread is fairly redundant but it's glaringly obvious that Rangers and Celtic players use the national side as and when they feel like it.

Take any international prior to an Old Firm game as evidence. I'm sure there was one recently where 4 or 5 players pulled out to play at the weekend.

It's not a new phenomenon. So whilst the OP may be wide of the mark on this occasion, I don't think he deserves to be mocked as if the suggestion is completely ludicrous.

Aye it does, he was being a complete plank!

jamboinglasgow

I remember a few years ago when Scotland were going to be playing a friendly, Martin O'Neil pulled Jackie McManara (think thats how you spell it) out of the squad. One of the reasons O'Neil said was so Jackie could spend a bit of time with his family.

However on Off the ball they said the place his family would be on a saturday was at Hampden, so surely it was better just for him to be playing on the pitch.

Archived