Tynecastle voted best stadium

Tott

Aye on it's day. But it's sounded like a coffee morning for most of the last two years.

It's not been that bad to be honest. When you go away to other grounds the atmosphere is not nearly as good as Tynie....even on a bad day!

Quite surprised at this, the atmosphere has been crap recently!

the atmosphere is crap at most grounds now tbh

heartsfc_fan
the atmosphere is crap at most grounds now tbh

Pittodrie is like a library every week according to a sheep friend.

2,500 supporters who took part in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Fans Survey.

WOW!!!!

Almost 72% of Hearts fans rated the atmosphere as excellent, making it a clear winner ahead of Celtic Park (58%) and Ibrox (52%).

Sounds like the majority of the 2,500 supporters who took part were Hearts fans so of course we would win.

heartsfc_fan
2,500 supporters who took part in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Fans Survey.

WOW!!!!

Almost 72% of Hearts fans rated the atmosphere as excellent, making it a clear winner ahead of Celtic Park (58%) and Ibrox (52%).

Sounds like the majority of the 2,500 supporters who took part were Hearts fans so of course we would win.

Not necessarily ;)

Out of the 2,500 supporters, only 100 could've been Hearts fans - and 72 of them voting FOR Tynecastle.

ToadKiller Dog

Yeah Tynie at its best is the best stadium in the country by far ,we dont need to blast out over the top loud music to drown out the away support or some numpties banging drums.

Only down side due to the great acoustics if we go behind even the noise from the few hundred St midden or the likes support is amplified.

Bring back Hullo Hullo, and it would be 100%, get rid of the PC brigade, and give us our tynie back. F.T.H.

The Old Tolbooth
Not necessarily ;)

Out of the 2,500 supporters, only 100 could've been Hearts fans - and 72 of them voting FOR Tynecastle.

That's the way I read it too

We were voted the 2nd best atmospheric stadium in the whole of the UK behind Highbury a few years back, but now that Highbury has been knocked down we surely must be No1 :D

Bring back Hullo Hullo, and it would be 100%, get rid of the PC brigade, and give us our tynie back. F.T.H.

Move into the present man.

Bigots no longer welcome.

:hammer:

Here we go again:10800:

Guest edinburghsaint

ibrox and celtic park r pich tbh ive been 2 both this season and didnt even feel intimanted but wen weve played hobos huns and smeltic ive loved every minute of it at tynie exepcet 4 the smeltic game

Hurrah Hurrah we are the gorgie boys, hurrah hurrah we used to make some noise, we're up to ours knees in PC rules, so remember or yer out, we'll never ever frighten teams again!! :hanged:

Hurrah Hurrah we are the gorgie boys, hurrah hurrah we used to make some noise, we're up to ours knees in PC rules, so remember or yer out, we'll never ever frighten teams again!! :hanged:

Lol quality! the atmosphere is rather pants without it.

Bang on the money!!!

The goody two shoes club spoil football:hanged:

Bang on the money!!!

The goody two shoes club spoil football:hanged:

Definitely. I also think we should break out the racism. But of course, change a few words so nobody notices.

Hello, Hello we are HMFC

Hello, Hello we've just dropped LSD

There's glowing purple bicycles

ascending from our pies

The lampost joins in the Chorus

Hello, Hello we are HMFC

ascending from our pies

is that no more like the vhermin from the east?:smash:

scots civil war

wonder if all em punters cringe on man utd,chelsea,newcastle utd etcetcetc audio emissions at games eh

doubt it

just dont say the fenian word and therefore, whats the ****ing prob exactly ?????

god knows theres only about 3 songs to sing at tynie anyway,and they dont hit the spot..........

even the hearts song hasnt much energy anymore imo

it all needs a kick up the arse

is that no more like the vhermin from the east?:smash:

Are they not more associated with Opiates as opposed to psychedelics?

Guest jambomickey
wonder if all em punters cringe on man utd,chelsea,newcastle utd etcetcetc audio emissions at games eh

doubt it

just dont say the fenian word and therefore, whats the ****ing prob exactly ?????

god knows theres only about 3 songs to sing at tynie anyway,and they dont hit the spot..........

nonsense!

doubt it

that made for excellent reading, i agree 100%

let's sing ffs

Might be wrong here, but was the design of the stadium not inspired by the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa? Seem to remember Mercer returning from Italia 90 and enthusing about the atmosphere he had experienced.

That's like voting for the most maroon coloured shirt in the SPL. Even a hobo would be hard pushed to deny Tynie is the best atmosphere when it's bouncing.

Might be wrong here, but was the design of the stadium not inspired by the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in Genoa? Seem to remember Mercer returning from Italia 90 and enthusing about the atmosphere he had experienced.

Aye, I recall Wallace saying something like that at the time.

no idea, but there are similarities between them, like the general enclosedness(yes it's a word, look it up!) and the crossed beams on the roof

Buffalo Bill

You could be right.

But I imagine the plan for three, minimalistic single-tier blocks was motivated by means other than Italian design.

Buffalo Bill

ArcticJambo

malky .... ta for posting that pic vs Sweden ... I was sat in the aisle, lower section behind goals to left of where the boy took the photo. how I remember I'm no sure, as I dinnae rember much else, other than being at other end vs costa rica hurling dogs abuse at the boys as they sheepisly trooped off.

ohh aye, and murder mcleod got ko'd -:err:

err, or was it the other way round? anyway, was sat at the end where stuart mccall scored.

malky .... ta for posting that pic vs Sweden ... I was sat in the aisle, lower section behind goals to left of where the boy took the photo. how I remember I'm no sure, as I dinnae rember much else, other than being at other end vs costa rica hurling dogs abuse at the boys as they sheepisly trooped off.

err, or was it the other way round? anyway, was sat at the end where stuart mccall scored.

Dortmund Stadium was the original, followed by Ibrox then this, followed by ours

say what you want about the atmosphere at tynie just now , i would happily swap it for the old shed any day.

now that was an atmosphere

say what you want about the atmosphere at tynie just now , i would happily swap it for the old shed any day.

now that was an atmosphere

Ahh but was it?

Atmosphere in the shed was good...if you were in there to start with.

But did in travel round the rest of the ground?

Dont get me wrong.

Loved the shed.

But still think current set up beats the bygone days.

Guest juvehearts

someone else would have bought us over instead of romanov.

whilst im happy at what we have now, i am still not happy with the whole pyramid system that we have in place with the UKIB Group.

Romanov Stole My Pension
someone else would have bought us over instead of romanov.

whilst im happy at what we have now, i am still not happy with the whole pyramid system that we have in place with the UKIB Group.

Wrong thread IMO.

Tynecastle is really poor for atmosphere lately. Hearts should be making more effort to build up the atmosphere. The fans would enjoy it more (and therefore attract bigger crowds) and it'd encourage the team/frighten the opposition.

Re-open all of section N or make it clear that sections F and G are for those that want to make noise.

Was it not Turin v brazil where murdo took one in the pus?

ArmiyaRomanova
Hello, Hello we are HMFC

ascending from our pies

class!!

if only...

Aye i'm sure it was and it was Dunga who skelped him in the face IIRC.

ArcticJambo

could well have been but for some reason genoa comes to mind. wasn't exactly sober on that trip so who knows ... probably not even Murder.

do remember:

- gettin fleeced 50 quid for brief off theivin brazilian - their excuse was that they'd have to pay over the odds as they progressed.

- leighton knocking the shot out wide left and full backing racing in.

- packed, gnerally silent tram returing to town bursting into laughter as somebody started whistling 'Always look on ....', followed by a hearty chorus.

- got drunk that night then train down to corfu and found mates on a beach in Kavos.

aye, good times.

Sure it was Branca the left back

I think you may be right there,mate.Dunno why Dunga came into my head.Maybe because he was a nutter of sorts!

ArcticJambo

the wall was on the right side as we look at the goal wasn't it ? so, makes sense for a left footer, tho equally a right-footed power-driver with outside of foot to swerve back in towards goal. is there any footage on you-tube ?

i'm weathered out here in arctic bay using a field computer(thus light pen and touch screen keyboard) not to mention slow connection speed.

pettigrewsstylist

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i appear to have my red labelled 'ERRA OOOOFISHUUULLL' Centenary single on vinyl here which quite clearly sings Hallo Hallo

point being the bigoted version is only a one word change

WHY?? Because the song is worth it mate

The main problem with the atmosphere is there is 2 groups of fans who want to sing, the ones in the main stand and the goup at the back of the wheatfiled. When the whole ground gets involved its very good but rarely happens. If it was one man group of fans leading the singing it would be much better.

Archived