3 Year Contract for Jamie MacDonald

Charlie-Brown

Not sure if he has the stature but he deserves a chance. Never really lets us down but never really stands out either.

Interesting news. Perhaps a sign of the times to come. We'll keep players like MacDonald who won't be on a big wage.

Makes me think that guys like Jason Thomson (I know he isn't out of contract) might be kept as well.

Charlie-Brown
Interesting news. Perhaps a sign of the times to come. We'll keep players like MacDonald who won't be on a big wage.

Makes me think that guys like Jason Thomson (I know he isn't out of contract) might be kept as well.

I would imagine somebody of Jamie's age & experience would easily be affordable under Hearts new wage strategy.

Two key points that Campbell Ogilvie emphasised to fans recently...

* We need to (and will) reduce our wages to income percentage from 100 to 50.

* Previous errors of expensive player purchases with the accompanying high wages will not be continued.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/873287-post14.html

Guest JamboRobbo

This can't be true. I was assured on here by people who've seen him more than me that he wasn't any good.

Well done Jamie.

Spoke to Jamie about 3 weeks ago and he seemed to think this was in the pipeline although didn't want to confirm for definate.

Anyways, well done Jamie.

grumpyespana

Jamie is a good back up goalie who has not let us down when called upon, but we forget at times he is still a young lad ( for a goalie ).

Grumpy.

blondejamtart

I agree with Drylaw Hearts on this - well done Jamie. And height isn't always the be-all an end-all when it comes to keepers - yes, it can be an advantage, but you need to have other skills to go with it. Take Makalamity across at Fester Road as an example - ticks the tall box, but who would you rather have between the sticks?

Good news IMO !

He hasn't le us down when he has been given the chance. Not sure if he will be a regular starter good luck to him.

Good decision by the club. Hopefully a good decision for Jamie.

Would be good to see him get a run of games so he can either start proving some of us right, or proving us wrong.

He is better than just a reserve keeper in my opinion he just needs the chance to prove it

I think he's a decent Goalie with a bright future.

Hear Hear!

Good news for Hearts! Jamie is a good keeper who will no doubt be our No 1 some day soon.

Always good to hear the club's promising players committing themselves to the future of the club!

Well done Jamie!

I never understand why people always talk about McDonald's height as though he is some sort of midget. He is 6 foot 1, although maybe not the tallest in goalkeeper terms he is hardly short.

blondejamtart
I never understand why people always talk about McDonald's height as though he is some sort of midget. He is 6 foot 1, although maybe not the tallest in goalkeeper terms he is hardly short.

Exactly - mind you, when you're looking at it from the perspective of 5'2", everyone seems pretty tall! :angel:

He looks like a skinny wee guy - is not an imposing goalie. Niemi was probably of the same sort of height but he filled the goals!

MacDonald deserves a run in the team, or is he destined just to play against the huns this season.

i felt far more comfortable with him between the sticks at fester rd than The Balogh who has looked slightly shaky recently.

Not a big fan of his but he is young and would still be one of the better back-ups in the league. Can't imagine he'd be on big wages so I'm happy about this.

He looks like a skinny wee guy - is not an imposing goalie. Niemi was probably of the same sort of height but he filled the goals!

Craig Gordon is hardly Mr Universe either but he seemed to do OK at that goalie malarky for us!

Ray Winstone
This can't be true. I was assured on here by people who've seen him more than me that he wasn't any good.

Well done Jamie.

Graham Weir was given a 5 year contract.

Guest JamboRobbo

Aye - by Vlad, not by a football manager. (assuming Csaba sanction this signing of course).

Aye - by Vlad, not by a football manager. (assuming Csaba sanction this signing of course).

Graham Weir wasnt given it by Vlad was he?

Guest JamboRobbo
Graham Weir wasnt given it by Vlad was he?

are we still talking about a contract? :56:

I thought he was one of the "everyone gets a five year deal" crew but may well be wrong on that.

Ray Winstone

I think not - 5year contract was given a season before Vlad had any involvement with the club. The season after the 4-4 game.

Guest JamboRobbo
I think not - 5year contract was given a season before Vlad had any involvement with the club. The season after the 4-4 game.

fair enough I stand corrected. Piemans fault then. :smile:

Craig Gordon is hardly Mr Universe either but he seemed to do OK at that goalie malarky for us!

Craig's about 5 inches taller than McDonald! I don't believe the 6ft 1 'programme notes'.

Craig's about 5 inches taller than McDonald! I don't believe the 6ft 1 'programme notes'.

Andy Goram 5ft 11................

The Old Tolbooth

You just had to go and spoil it :laugh:

Well done McDonald, your my first choice keeper anyway.

Well done McDonald.

Do not see him as anywhere near the finished article yet(still young).

I would quite happily keep all 3goalkeepers we have just now (in saying that i would not shed many tears if any of them left) as i think they are all of similar standard and not much between them.

My order of preference for no1 spot would be...........

1. The Balogh

2. Kello

3. McDonald

But as i said not much (if anything) to choose between the three of them.

Andy Goram 5ft 11................

Are you saying that MacDonald is as good as Goram?

I guess not. But even so, the point above about smaller goalies who 'fill the goals' fits with Goram too (particularly at the end of his career!).

Are you saying that MacDonald is as good as Goram?

I guess not. But even so, the point above about smaller goalies who 'fill the goals' fits with Goram too (particularly at the end of his career!).

The boy will fill out a bit. IMO he will be a good goalie for us.

The boy will fill out a bit. IMO he will be a good goalie for us.

I think he's done pretty well for us this season.

Good move by the club. I hope that MacDonald gets a little more opportunity to play football, he looks to be a decent prospect.

Well done McDonald.

Do not see him as anywhere near the finished article yet(still young).

I would quite happily keep all 3goalkeepers we have just now (in saying that i would not shed many tears if any of them left) as i think they are all of similar standard and not much between them.

My order of preference for no1 spot would be...........

1. The Balogh

2. Kello

3. McDonald

But as i said not much (if anything) to choose between the three of them.

1. Balough (marginal)

2. McDonald (very seady and stable back up - give 1st team opportunities in cups)

3. Ridgers (split reserves (or U23s) with him / McDonald

Kello - empty

We have to

a) Cut our cloth accordingly and

B) Retain only solid, reliable players in certain positions (keeper ain't one for erratics . i.e. Kello)

1. Balough (marginal)

2. McDonald (very seady and stable back up - give 1st team opportunities in cups)

3. Ridgers (split reserves (or U23s) with him / McDonald

Kello - empty

We have to

a) Cut our cloth accordingly and

B) Retain only solid, reliable players in certain positions (keeper ain't one for erratics . i.e. Kello)

Bit of a predator? We should stick him up front.

Archived