All Darren McCormack/Calum Elliot threads here!

slfjambo

According to the news he's ok:

"Elliot, 21, was taken to hospital for X-rays amid fears the player had suffered a broken cheekbone, but it is understood that he was not seriously injured."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Hibs-player-charged-over-attack.5096039.jp

Agree a broken cheekbone could have kept him out for weeks. It is still a paper, but I kinda believe the Edinburgh News.

Good news.

The last thing the lad needs is something that would put a stop on his career again. If he has been attacked with no provocation, I hope he presses charges.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, I had a look to and some of the Hibs fans are reacting as any decent human being should. There are always dafties tbh, had Elliot been the aggressor I would suggest we would have a thread much the same on here.

Of course we would but he was'nt,therefore we don't have:qqb016:

The People's Chimp
Calum has a lot of friends in the game as he came through every step of the ladder at international level from schoolboys to under-21s. I wonder how his international team mates will be feeling about this McCormack chappy now?

I await the hobo's Section 76 and a quick trip up before a Sheriff so we can get the full story on this one. I reckon the tabloids are going to milk it.

Definitely.

They'll do their best to have this dealt with the minimum of fuss. Shame.

Hibs will have to look at this very closely and suspend the player until after the court case. If found guilty he should be sacked plain and simple.

These guys should not be above the law and should be setting an example on how to behave to those that look up to them.

There does seem to be an underlying problem with discipline at Hibs, we will see what transpires from this, but hopefully they will have enough respect for the good name of the football club, and do the right thing.

No need to- the Procurator Fiscal do that in Scotland. Elliot needn't be involved at all if he doesn't want to, though providing a statement would give the fiscal a more convincing narrative of the incident.

If the police feel they have enough to go on, McCormack will be taken to court.

Cool.

Unlike Scrapper Borthwick, I'e never had any problems with the police. ;)

'The alleged incident follows others involving players from the bitter Edinburgh rivals recently'

That reads as though players from both clubs have been involved in incidents but then they go on to quote two incidents - each involving only Hibs players

Hey, I'm just the friendly local scribbler - bringing you the facts in a fair, balanced and contemporaneous manner :smart:

Just the facts Jack!

MV5BMTUxMjY1ODQ3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTY.jpg

good to see that clum isn't badly hurt.

hope the thug is prosecuted, found guilty & sacked by his club.

Was reading Hibs.net and found this funny

a few months ago i was at a friends wedding do,we ended up @ FRANKENSTIENS.me and a friend(who is a jambo)were outside having a smoke,when a taxi rolls up.who gets out but mr calum elliott,the pair of us said "hoh calum" he turned round (about 5 yards away from us) obviously thought we were fans of his,put his thumb up at us,just as he did this.. we both in unison screamed at him "hey we've seen your video on you tube....SEXY DANCING YA BENT SHOT" "HI MY NAMES CALUM AND THIS IS MY MATE AND TOGETHER WE ARE GAY AS ****"he then proceeded to do an excellent impression of Usain Bolt up george 4th bridge.i've never seen him move that fast in my life.my mate was poorless as was i.needless to say we still laugh about that to this day and probably will do for years to come

This is not from a 16 year old boy but a 36 year old man. Yeah, i'm sure Callum who earns thousandsa week playing football was devestated by your rapier wit you loser.

Captain of Hungary

Look guys... too many apologetic posts here, at the end of the day this is a Hibs player attacking a Hearts player in the street....never before in the history of the 2 clubs.

If this little **** isnt sacked they can expect riots next time at Easter *****ing Road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming there is CCTV all over George St? I'm sure that will be sufficient, no?

Never even heard of this litle no-mark in any case, surely just jealous that Elliot manages to play first team football more often than him, or maybe Clum was displaying his "Dance Nation" form on the dancefloor and little Darren was jealous of his moves?

In any case, Hibs should suspend him awaiting police / court action, and if guilty, his contract should be terminated and an example made of him.

Ryan Gosling

Clum was in training yesterday morning with the team. He's got a shiner but he'll be fine for Saturday.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
McCormack is his dad the boxing coach of alex arthur ?

Aye, Terry McCormack.

good to see that clum isn't badly hurt.

hope the thug is prosecuted, found guilty & sacked by his club.

This is the club whose captain tried to sneak the banned Ratboy into a nightclub, was caught, yet had no action taken against him by the manager, Jabba The Hutt.

There will be an apology -'daft wee laddie, he needs to learn' etc. That'll be it.

Odious vermin, the lot of them.

This is the club whose captain tried to sneak the banned Ratboy into a nightclub, was caught, yet had no action taken against him by the manager, Jabba The Hutt.

There will be an apology -'daft wee laddie, he needs to learn' etc. That'll be it.

Odious vermin, the lot of them.

As said earlier in the thread, hardly comparable. If convicted the club have to sack him.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's hardly surprising when a Hibs legend is found slumped at the wheel of a taxi covered in urine, vomit and sh*t.

This level of Jakeyness was inevitable.

So the record can scoop an exclusive of a punch up that happens in Edinburgh before the Hibsman or Evening Hibs? Shockaroonie.

Nice to see the Evening Hibs giving it the column inches it has - think we all know how it would have been treated by that rag if the roles were reversed.

JamTarts1874

Unlucky for the boy, and as everyone agrees, he put a good shift in against der hun on Saturday.

Unfortunatly though, all hobo's will probably be proud that one of their players did this.

Get well soon Calum.

As suggested above, can you name one that has assaulted a rival player in public?

Derek RIordan verbally and racially assaulted Rudi Skacel.

Clum was in training yesterday morning with the team. He's got a shiner but he'll be fine for Saturday.

One good 45 minute performance and he is playing for Scotland already?

Derek RIordan verbally and racially assaulted Rudi Skacel.

Not quite as bad as physically assaulting a player though is it? Taken to hospital with a suspected broken cheekbone ffs.

Johanes de Silentio
Not defending him in the slightest but we have had a player waving a gun about whislt being driven about wester hailes, did we shout for him to be jailed and shipped out.

BTW he is now playing the best in the team.:!blank:

Some of us did, yes - Lee Wallace was tried in a court of law, and has paid for that particular crime - as these Hobo thugs should.

Some of us did, yes - Lee Wallace was tried in a court of law, and has paid for that particular crime - as these Hobo thugs should.

I would also point out the Lee Wallace plead guilty to his charge and said sorry.

No that it made it better but at least he admitted he was wrong.

As said earlier in the thread, hardly comparable. If convicted the club have to sack him.

Not comparable, granted, but the point is when it comes to the sort of Ratboyesque shenanigans that we see on a regular basis coming from Hubz, nothing happens and I think it should. If Robbie did the same as the slaphead lighthouse, I?d be furious and would expect him to be rightly hammered by the club. The Hobos, and their fans, did nowt.

If this little gimp gets prosecuted I?m guessing that they?ll back him with the help he needs at this difficult time yaddah yaddah.....

The People's Chimp

Was a thread on this deleted last night?

If so, I'll simply repost what I said at the time.

Hibs true class comes shining through, again.

Goose Baxter
Was a thread on this deleted last night?

If so, I'll simply repost what I said at the time.

Hibs true class comes shining through, again.

Yeah i put it on lastnight when i got some inside info for a friend. The mods deleted it because of the players names being mentioned.

hope calum gets better :56:

same thing happend to me not long ago was just walking down my street and some ned who didn't like the look of me came up and had a square go at me,I just laughed and walked away and the next thing i was being assaulted by him and his ned pal ended up with a broken cheekbone and my face was black and blue took a couple of weeks for it to heal fully.

My point is neds are really pathetic people that they can't do anything on there own and need there ned minions to help them if they were by themselves they would ***** thereself oh and shame on hibs for being the club most associated with these thugs.

boabyarsebiscuit

I happen to think a line has been well and truly crossed with this incident. It is bad enough footballers having to deal with idiot members of the public in scenarios like this. But to think a fellow pro-footballer could do this, it truly does beggar belief and is an all-time new low for unacceptable behaviour. You really couldn't make it up. Hibs should be ashamed.

Guest JamboRobbo
I happen to think a line has been well and truly crossed with this incident. It is bad enough footballers having to deal with idiot members of the public in scenarios like this. But to think a fellow pro-footballer could do this, it truly does beggar belief and is an all-time new low for unacceptable behaviour. You really couldn't make it up. Hibs should be ashamed.

agreed.

If found guilty, Hibs should sack him.

But they won't.

That will not happen in the last few years they have had several players in court, I cannot recall even one being punished,and their pathetic backhanded apology after the minutes silence proed for me the management and board at Hibernian FC are devoid of morals.

Exactly, when their was a spate of hobo players urinating in street corners, hassling lap-dancers, assaulting each other in public etc - it was all written off as 'they are just young lads being lads'.

Add to that this shameful incident, talk most weekends of hibs players making erses of themselves up town, Riordan being a walking crime scene, Murray with his crass behaviour on and off the park.

Then you have their manager's behaviour on the sidelines of the pitch, another great example!

Finally, you have their wonderful fans with their racist songs, assaulting players, pitch encroachments, bottling and bricking coaches etc.

Then that, as you say, backhanded apology from their board. Proves to me, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that hibs as a club, have a nasty, thuggish streak running through them from the board downwards.

Hibernian FC - the shame of Edinburgh.

Expect a statement from Thug FC's board later saying they can't comment or something - don't hold your breath for any form of condemnation!

Hope Elliot is ok and the Hibs imposter dealt with.

But anybody think this might get the fans united behind Callum, much like Miko after he was maligned for diving? Could be a blessing in disguise for the lads Hearts career.

85 posts on the McCormack thread on thuggeryfc.net, only SIX unequivocally condemning their player's actions.

The rest revelling in it. Quelle Surprise!

I agree and have said as such on this thread already.

Hope the wee ***** gets community service picking up fag ends , chewing gum , syringes and bucky bottles from in and around the easter road area.

Classless wee ned , great roll model for all these youngsters out there following the wee team.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I wouldnt know Darren McCormack if he walked in my house and pooped in my pot plants. I take it he's one of the flumps numerous up and coming superstars?

I had a wee look over on Churchillwasanipperwhenwelastwonthecup.net and its amazing how many character witnesses this wee guy has got. "I know him/his dad/his gran/his social worker and he's a lovely guy". Well he's a lovely guy who seems a bit quick with his fists which kind of negates thier point. Utterly classless individuals.

If found guilty, Hibs should sack him.

But they won't.

Agreed on both counts.

A football club completely and utterly lacking in any kind of moral fibre.

Edinburgh's shame.

Archived