The Squiggler?

janie jones

janie jones

Just watched the highlights of all the SPL games on the BBC and twice in the Vermin/Sheep game the commentator referred to two run of the mill Rankin shots as squigglers because Langfield fumbled them both.

Begs the question as to whether another Hibs myth has become a fact in the minds of commentators or is John Rankin so gifted a footballer that he has perfected a new technique of striking the ball that others are unable to manage?

Hibs actually should have humped the Sheep, Fletcher missed a hatful of chances and the Sheep looked pash.

Kerr's attempt at headbutting the giraffe was pathetic. Pity he didn't splatter the big freak's nose all over his ugly coupon, probably would have needed a step ladder though.

Spot on. Another hobomyth has been perpetuated.

Makes me laugh when I think about their T shirts after the Celtic game though.

Trumpets.

This has been boiling my **** for a while too. Rankins "shot" that beat Boruc had no movement on it whatsoever. There was no dip, no, swerve and certainly no squiggle. It was a punt, or even a hoof. It went in because Boruc was too smacked up on monkey juice, pondering which blonde to bury his pole into during post match celebrations on Salamander Street.

Roberto Carlos can swerve a football. He is an actual Brazilian.

John Rankin is not.

HillmanHearts

Tangoman said in his after-match interviews that the sheep dominated and had the better chances. It certainly didn't look like that on the "highlights" on BBC. Not for the first time the fat orange **** is talking out of his erse !!!

Delusion must be contagious down at the SanGiro !

Sorry - Back to topic ! : Squiggler - definition - basically a poorly timed strike at goal which will end up being a goal in aproximately one out of a thousand attempts - unless off course the keeper is still recovering from an orgy of sex & drugs the night before or has a few grand on his team to get beat.:20:

I think we should encourage and help perpetuate the myth of the squiggler as much as possible. I'm quite happy for Rankin to try as many p1shy 45 yarders as he likes.

Thank feck the Hobos didn't win. Had a great coupon up yesterday thanks to the draw. 3 draws and 2 homes. 120 times my stake won.

1 jammy free kick = squiggler

It follows on from those other well known equations...

1 monkey heided manager + a team playing some semblance of football (culminating in a 4-1 semi final pumping)-(Alex Miller + Bobby Williamson + Jim Duffy) = long tradition of flair

and

Easily pleased + totally deluded * frequently embarrassed = Hibernian FC.

One flukey shot from 50 yards that bounced like the bouncing bomb and went in the net.

It is NOT a viable tactic and NOT something you can work on in training.

Total myth.

this_is_my_story
Thank feck the Hobos didn't win. Had a great coupon up yesterday thanks to the draw. 3 draws and 2 homes. 120 times my stake won.

Good night last night then?! :cheers:

Well played with the 3 draws, that's never easy. Who else d'you have?

Is the Squiggler not just a girlie toepoke, hobo mythmeisters strike again, mind you a myth is actually based on a semblance of truth, back to just calling them lying ned junkbuckets then.

This has been boiling my **** for a while too. Rankins "shot" that beat Boruc had no movement on it whatsoever. There was no dip, no, swerve and certainly no squiggle. It was a punt, or even a hoof. It went in because Boruc was too smacked up on monkey juice, pondering which blonde to bury his pole into during post match celebrations on Salamander Street.

Roberto Carlos can swerve a football. He is an actual Brazilian.

John Rankin is not.

I lol'd

lol

monkfish1979
'The Squiggler' is the gayest term in Scottish football history. Fact.

Indeed. It sounds like a camp nickname that he's made up for his genitalia.

Archived