Upcoming Internationals - Lithuanian Posters ?

magicTs

Just looking at the fixtures for next week and there are some big games, not least the Lithuania v France double header whereby 4pts for Lithuania would all but knock the French out of World Cup 2010 and even 3pts would harm their chances. How are the Lithuanians viewing these fixtures ? Are they capable of producing a top performance in at least the home game ? What Hearts player involvement, if any will there be ?

Other big games include :

Portugal v Sweden who are both struggling in group 1.

Rep Ireland v Bulgaria where a win would all but guarantee the Irish of a play off spot. They then play Italy away.

Northern Ireland v Poland in a group where the 2nd team may not have enough points for the play off spot.

Israel v Greece, the top two in group two play a double header.

Spain v Turkey, the top two in group 5 play a double header.

The play off picture will become a bit more evident after these fixtures and as long as Scotland get the 3pts I expect them to against Iceland they should still be on course to face a double header in November.

Charlie-Brown

Miko, Chesney & Zaliukas are in the squad but not sure how many of them will start - also in the squad is the defender we had on trial but didn't sign.

Miko, Chesney & Zaliukas are in the squad but not sure how many of them will start - also in the squad is the defender we had on trial but didn't sign.

One of Miko or Chesney will start, maybe both. Zal almost certain to be a substitute.

We played some great football lately and there's certainly a chance of upsetting France, at least at home.

However this time they should be wary of us, since we already played Domenech in the last qualifers. In Kaunas France rarely threatened and only won by a single goal from Anelka late in the second half. In France it was mostly one-way traffic but they only made the breakthrough in the last 10 minutes, Henry scoring twice.

It's the game of the year here certainly, a lot depends on it.

He Who Cannot Be Named
Sirgay is the only Lith poster who comes on here.

:sorcerer:

Who's the big shark trying to eat you in your avatar?

Well, Couceiro has had time to work the Lithuanian team and hopefully has improved them tactically. They are professional footballers, after all, and in years gone by the tactical ineptitude of the coaches was frustrating to say the least. France have been struggling, recently. To be honest, we have shown that we can go and get results against big teams away (1-1 in Italy, first match after they won the World Cup) and do well at home - beat Austria after they beat France. Still, France are a terrific team and I don't think anyone would be shocked if we lost both matches. Also, top scorer in our qualifying group - Tomas Danilevicius is injured and is doubtful for the match. This would be a massive set-back. Stankevicius, Serie A regular for Sampdoria, also doubtful. They are, arguably, the two best players in the team.

Hope for the best, but don't expect to take any points, I'd say.

He Who Cannot Be Named
I'm the shark actually!

:smash:

Oh is that right is it?:biker:

Guest Dipped Flake
Ha Ha brilliant

Oh the irony

Just don't bite - guys like him seem to spend all day thinking up ways to wind up his fellow supporters. Anyway, unfortunately, I have to agree with him for this one time in that I hope Lithuania do well. Had a great time over there when Scotland last played them.

PresidentRomanov
Just don't bite - guys like him seem to spend all day thinking up ways to wind up his fellow supporters. Anyway, unfortunately, I have to agree with him for this one time in that I hope Lithuania do well. Had a great time over there when Scotland last played them.

Did you disrespect them over there too?

I am not biting in anyway

It was more a shock I had hom down as something completely different

I am not a big fan of predominately catholic teams that play in green I am surprised he is

Well, Couceiro has had time to work the Lithuanian team and hopefully has improved them tactically. They are professional footballers, after all, and in years gone by the tactical ineptitude of the coaches was frustrating to say the least. France have been struggling, recently. To be honest, we have shown that we can go and get results against big teams away (1-1 in Italy, first match after they won the World Cup) and do well at home - beat Austria after they beat France. Still, France are a terrific team and I don't think anyone would be shocked if we lost both matches. Also, top scorer in our qualifying group - Tomas Danilevicius is injured and is doubtful for the match. This would be a massive set-back. Stankevicius, Serie A regular for Sampdoria, also doubtful. They are, arguably, the two best players in the team.

Hope for the best, but don't expect to take any points, I'd say.

Oh Well. It will be a struggle if you're without your best players. I hope Big Zal gets a game. I like to see him doing well.

Archived