MANAGER OF THE YEAR?

lockiesdodgeyknee

lockiesdodgeyknee

This as prob bn done already but thought id ask the question anyway. who do u guys think should b manager of the year? if we gat 3rd or better surely csaba is in wi a great shout!

Guest jambomickey

csabas done well with the players he's had and after being let down by people up above with regards a striker and a replacement for berra! 2 transfer windows csaba was screaming for a striker..

Mixu for continuing the traditions of Vermin FC i.e. winning nothing, no europe, mid-table mediocrity, low crowds etc etc but at least they were first to have floodlights.............

Only a Game

The award has no credibility whatsoever if Csaba finishes third (with a squad that finished 8th last season) but doesnt get it.

I expect this season's award to have no credibility.

If strapon wins the league hes only done what was expected of him, csaba has taken a team who finnished 8th last year into european contention... beating the teams around them and doing very well against the OF

1. Billy Reid

2. Csaba Laszlo

That's the two I would say. That and whoever wins the league should be nominated

Only a Game
That's the two I would say. That and whoever wins the league should be nominated

You'd have to laugh if Walter Smith won it though wouldnt you ?

shaun.lawson
The award has no credibility whatsoever if Csaba finishes third (with a squad that finished 8th last season) but doesnt get it.

I expect this season's award to have no credibility.

It'd have no credibility if neither Reid nor Csaba win it IMO. Csaba's done a wonderful job, but he's also had the third biggest budget and 3rd in the league is relatively routine for Hearts. Hamilton, meanwhile, were a stick on for relegation, and have never even survived in the top flight in their whole history. In other words, this amounts to their best season ever - which is why Reid should win it, with Csaba a worthy runner-up.

Only a Game
It'd have no credibility if neither Reid nor Csaba win it IMO. Csaba's done a wonderful job, but he's also had the third biggest budget and 3rd in the league is relatively routine for Hearts. Hamilton, meanwhile, were a stick on for relegation, and have never even survived in the top flight in their whole history. In other words, this amounts to their best season ever - which is why Reid should win it, with Csaba a worthy runner-up.

I think taking a team (the same squad) from the depths we were at last season to European qualification in 3rd place is an achievement which more than surpasses merely surviving in the same league.

I have no doubt however that the west coast media will take the same view as you do.

Its a bit sad when surviving in this pitiful league is recognised as an achievement worthy of an award but transforming a team of broken losers into European qualifiers isnt ?

If strapon wins the league hes only done what was expected of him, csaba has taken a team who finnished 8th last year into european contention... beating the teams around them and doing very well against the OF

I don't want to take anything away from Csaba but he is only doing what is expected of him.

Last season Frail told us countless times about how good the players are at Tynecastle. It was a shame that he never had the experience, knowledge or ability to get them playing to their best but the players we have should be taking 3rd place in the league because the competition is not very good at all.

Whoever wins the title deserves manager of the year.

Guest jambomickey
I don't want to take anything away from Csaba but he is only doing what is expected of him.

Last season Frail told us countless times about how good the players are at Tynecastle. It was a shame that he never had the experience, knowledge or ability to get them playing to their best but the players we have should be taking 3rd place in the league because the competition is not very good at all.

Whoever wins the title deserves manager of the year.

csaba has been let down from your father roman.

csaba has been let down from your father roman.

Csaba has been given a great job at a great club and he should be grateful. I'm sure he is.

Writing about certainties again I see Shaun. :56: Hamilton have by no means already survived in the SPL, they are only 6 points off the bottom, or 5 points if Falkirk win their game in hand, with all the teams around them to play before the end of the season.

In my opinion, it is between Hamilton, ICT and Kilmarnock for relegation, Falkirk and St Mirren both have enough about them to string a few wins together and pull away.

As for manager of the year? Csaba has improved Hearts league form but early exits at home to lesser opposition in both cups are a major check in the negative box.

shaun.lawson
I think taking a team (the same squad) from the depths we were at last season to European qualification in 3rd place is an achievement which more than surpasses merely surviving in the same league.

I have no doubt however that the west coast media will take the same view as you do.

Its a bit sad when surviving in this pitiful league is recognised as an achievement worthy of an award but transforming a team of broken losers into European qualifiers isnt ?

No - because Hearts have a squad who should, if managed properly, be in European contention. Reid's built Hamilton up from nothing: survival in the league is a huge achievement for them because on paper, they shouldn't really have a chance at all.

Most of the time, someone warrants Manager of the Year when they take their club way beyond its apparent limits. In Hearts' case, that applied to Jim Jefferies in 1997/8. In Motherwell's case, it applied to Mark McGhee last season. And in Hamilton's case, it applies to merely staying in the league. They're a tiny club, with no history of surviving at this level at all; Hearts are a club who've generally qualified for Europe almost every other season.

shaun.lawson
Writing about certainties again I see Shaun. :56: Hamilton have by no means already survived in the SPL, they are only 6 points off the bottom, or 5 points if Falkirk win their game in hand, with all the teams around them to play before the end of the season.

In my opinion, it is between Hamilton, ICT and Kilmarnock for relegation, Falkirk and St Mirren both have enough about them to string a few wins together and pull away.

As for manager of the year? Csaba has improved Hearts league form but early exits at home to lesser opposition in both cups are a major check in the negative box.

That's true. Only if they survive will such an epithet apply, of course. As it is though, I still fear for Killie considerably more than them.

Guest jambomickey
Csaba has been given a great job at a great club and he should be grateful. I'm sure he is.

the job csaba has done has taken some of the heat off a certain man in lithuania.

the job csaba has done has taken some of the heat off a certain man in lithuania.

In your opinion?

The fact is that we would not have Csaba if not for Romanov. I'm sure you're grateful but just a too embarrassed to say so.

Shaun, I'm not so sure Hamilton are at all safe yet. They could easily struggle to win another game (Celtic away, Utd home, ICT away before the split) and if that happens they will go down. They need a win and a couple of draws I would say.

Guest jambomickey
In your opinion?

The fact is that we would not have Csaba if not for Romanov. I'm sure you're grateful but just a too embarrassed to say so.

the fact is we would not have had rix, malofeev etc if it wasn't for romanov. i'm sure you're a hobo on the wind up you know?

walter smith if only for coming so close to qualifying for the champions league taking the mighty kaunas to the last couple of minutes before gallantly losing out.

Gigolo-Aunt
the fact is we would not have had rix, malofeev etc if it wasn't for romanov. i'm sure you're a hobo on the wind up you know?

Mate, when are you going to let it go?

We all know the mistakes. Fact is Vlad appointed Csaba and has now butted out of team selection.

Only a Game
If Strachan wins the double then i'd grudgingly accept it being him, but otherwise it should defo be Csaba.

He'll be struggling to win the double, they're out the cup

Guest jambomickey
Mate, when are you going to let it go?

We all know the mistakes. Fact is Vlad appointed Csaba and has now butted out of team selection.

just responding to a post about csaba was only doing what was expected of him! getting us where we are with the same team who were in the bottom 6 last season and also being let down from above is a major success imo.

Gigolo-Aunt
just responding to a post about csaba was only doing what was expected of him! getting us where we are with the same team who were in the bottom 6 last season and also being let down from above is a major success imo.

How has he been let down?

I can only think of the problems with the CH in the Jan transfer window.

Csaba has been allowed to bring players in, and send some back to Kaunas (we all agreed that these guys should have been sent back)

Seems to me that Csaba has the backing and trust to make decisions.

Guest jambomickey
How has he been let down?

I can only think of the problems with the CH in the Jan transfer window.

Csaba has been allowed to bring players in, and send some back to Kaunas (we all agreed that these guys should have been sent back)

Seems to me that Csaba has the backing and trust to make decisions.

been screaming for 2 transfer windows he neede a striker! was let down with replacement for berra.

Gigolo-Aunt
been screaming for 2 transfer windows he neede a striker! was let down with replacement for berra.

I agree that a striker should have been addressed a while back.

However, the biggest fee paid for a player in the transfer window was for Flood who cost less than 100k. That tells you times are hard for all clubs.

The CH chap does seem to be a bit of a shambles, but there you go - all in all I think Csaba has been backed from above.

Im not sure what you expect mate.

Guest jambomickey
I agree that a striker should have been addressed a while back.

However, the biggest fee paid for a player in the transfer window was for Flood who cost less than 100k. That tells you times are hard for all clubs.

The CH chap does seem to be a bit of a shambles, but there you go - all in all I think Csaba has been backed from above.

Im not sure what you expect mate.

what i expect at the very least is where we are now 3rd but i think that's more down to csaba than anything else because he's done it with our top goal scores having 5 goals and he's a winger.

This as prob bn done already but thought id ask the question anyway. who do u guys think should b manager of the year? if we gat 3rd or better surely csaba is in wi a great shout!

Csaba, gets my vote everytime

The man is brilliant

grumpyespana
Csaba, gets my vote everytime

The man is brilliant

I dont know about being brilliant but he can certainly talk lol.

Grumpy.

I dont know about being brilliant but he can certainly talk lol.

Grumpy.

I was more meaning his Interview's m8, they are class I could listen to the man for ages every time he in on.

He should get Manager of the Year for his Interviews alone

Defaintely Csaba for Manager of the Year, absolute turn around, I mean who'd have thought anyone could get Callum to be rated by any jambo after last season! (I am bearing in mind that was only one good performance, but being optimistic!)

It's pointless having an award for manager of the year if it automatically goes to the manager who wins the title.

I agree - it should take into account the circumstances faced by each manager at their club. Reid should get it if he keeps Hamilton up - but if not, then Csaba should be in with a shout. Neither will get it, though, I expect.

Anybody outside of the OF or the team that gets relegated.

For an Old Firm manager to win it is laughable. It's not an achievement for them to win the league considering how much more money they have than the rest. You could get any idiot to win the league for them.

It's completely different for anyone else because to achieve anything, you need to be a good manager. We've seen that over the past few years.

HillmanHearts
what i expect at the very least is where we are now 3rd but i think that's more down to csaba than anything else because he's done it with our top goal scores having 5 goals and he's a winger.

No offence but : Your points are flawed and seem to be fuelled by an obvious agenda.

Firstly : Romanov employed Csaba - So how can Csaba be succesful despite Romanov ? - it's just not logical !

Secondly : What's the problem with a "winger" being top scorer ? ( have you heard of Ronaldo ? )

When we won the cup & got Champion's league our top scorer was a midfielder & the 2nd top scorer was also a midfielder !!

Thirdly : The economy is in a recession & Hearts ( more than most ) need urgently to address our wages v turn-over ratio. So splashing the cash willy nilly on some over-priced wage thief aint gonna happen. We need to spend very wisely and the boss knows this.

Johanes de Silentio

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Csaba winning Manager of the year - even if we finish 2nd - we are not liked, simple as that, I'm afraid!

best in the land
There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Csaba winning Manager of the year - even if we finish 2nd - we are not liked, simple as that, I'm afraid!

i think your right there.

but looking through the other managers in the league,csaba and reid are the only ones who have performed above expectations imo.

if we get third csaba SHOULD win. but he wont.

Surely Mhark McGhee has to be considered?

I mean, after all he is the manager of the best team in the SPL outside of the Old Firm?

:qqb016:

rudi must stay

he's not a contender anymore probably due to their league position. But Jefferies has done a great job this season, they are a decent team

Guest jambomickey
No offence but : Your points are flawed and seem to be fuelled by an obvious agenda.

Firstly : Romanov employed Csaba - So how can Csaba be succesful despite Romanov ? - it's just not logical !

Secondly : What's the problem with a "winger" being top scorer ? ( have you heard of Ronaldo ? )

When we won the cup & got Champion's league our top scorer was a midfielder & the 2nd top scorer was also a midfielder !!

Thirdly : The economy is in a recession & Hearts ( more than most ) need urgently to address our wages v turn-over ratio. So splashing the cash willy nilly on some over-priced wage thief aint gonna happen. We need to spend very wisely and the boss knows this.

how many goals has ronaldo scored? and with all due respect look at man utds goals for, ad when we made the champions leage qualifiers our 2 midfielders had about 25 goal between them aswell as bednar, jankauskas and pospisil chipping in with goals so your argument is a nonsense.

Archived