French League in title race shocker.

Ivan Drago

For anyome with access TV5-Monde have an hour French league 1 round up on Mondays sometime in the evening US time.

Its certainly gone all tight at the top - but nobody is on a super strong run. All the top 5 have dropped points in last few weeks.

PSG are getting an absolute humping from Toulouse (live on Setanta just now). 3-0 down and not even half time.

CF11JamTart

I tend to watch the live French match on SatanTV on a Sunday night.

Usually quite impressed by the standard of play - if nothing else, it looks like they are trying to play football. Decent levels of skill and a style that is based on passing.

I've been a bit partial to Bordeaux since the UEFA Cup jaunt, but i'd love to see PLG win it with PSG.

Maybe he is a moonbeam after all.

I've been a bit partial to Bordeaux since the UEFA Cup jaunt, but i'd love to see PLG win it with PSG.

Maybe he is a moonbeam after all.

Maybe the Huns' cave-in to player power, or in their case cretin power, wasn't such a smart move after all. Could Le Guen have rebuilt Rangers completely?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/france_results/tables/default.stm

Lyon are still top but it looks like there's a chance someone different could actually win it this year - Marseille and PSG only a point behind. Interesting to see PLG seems to be doing some job at PSG as well...

When he first went he wasn't exactly a revelation as they still struggled and managed to avoid relegation. And last year, even though they reached both cup finals (winning one I think), they were murder in the league and were quite fortunate not to be relegated.

Funny that given appropriate time he was able to make the team his own and very successful - instead of being sacked as soon as his neddy captain with a god complex whined out of his stupid ugly puss.

The People's Chimp

I'm just pleased to see Grenoble up strong in 9th. Great stuff in their first ever top flight season.

shaun.lawson
Maybe the Huns' cave-in to player power, or in their case cretin power, wasn't such a smart move after all. Could Le Guen have rebuilt Rangers completely?

Perhaps. The trouble was, though, that he was given so little money, yet still expected to wring a Wenger-style revolution. Filip Sebo? Lionel Letizi?! Plus he wanted out for some considerable time before he actually left: the Barry Ferguson thing was more symbolic than anything else. PLG making a statement on why he was going, essentially.

He was also pretty shocked by the levels of parochialism and insularity prevalent in Scottish football, and especially in Glasgow. It was just the wrong club for him I think.

Perhaps. The trouble was, though, that he was given so little money, yet still expected to wring a Wenger-style revolution. Filip Sebo? Lionel Letizi?! Plus he wanted out for some considerable time before he actually left: the Barry Ferguson thing was more symbolic than anything else. PLG making a statement on why he was going, essentially.

He was also pretty shocked by the levels of parochialism and insularity prevalent in Scottish football, and especially in Glasgow. It was just the wrong club for him I think.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBO

Culture shock as well as the professional shock mentioned by Shaun.

He went and didn't give his mistake a moments thought. I'm sure the PLG tribe didn't settle in Glasgow for a host of reasons, work, what do you do after work if you are a Rangers manager, how the kids get on at school.... language, the weather.......

Has anyone read Graeme Speirs book on PLG's reign of terror? I'd quite like to read it as I think it would be really interesting, but i'm loath to spend money on a book thats purely about a Huns employee...

Used to love watching Marseille before they got relegated. I hope they become a force once more as it's a great club and their fans are ****ing mental.

Archived