LIVERPOOL V VILLA MATCH THREAD

maroonlegions

Ibrahim Tall
I would feel hard done by if I was the 'keeper. However, the 'keeper did bring him down on goal. And that is a red card offence?

He didn't actually try and bring him down though, Friedel sat still and Torres ran into him. Admittedly it wasn't intentional on his part either because Reo-Coker had blocked him off from being able to just cut it past Friedel.

A yellow would have been fair imo.

shaun.lawson
We all know fine well, if Shaun had money on Liverpool to beat Villa 5-0 Villa would be beating Liverpool 1-0 about now :smash:

This is entirely correct. If I wrote that "after hubris comes nemesis", you should all rush down to the bookies and get yer money on nemesis coming first...

DemonCleaner

i kinda got bored to be honest. long ball and set pieces i find painfully dull and would prefer a team playing good football to win:)

This is entirely correct. If I wrote that "after hubris comes nemesis", you should all rush down to the bookies and get yer money on nemesis coming first...

Wrong, mate. Like the rest of us, he'd just reach for a dictionary!

Captain Lithuania
i kinda got bored to be honest. long ball and set pieces i find painfully dull and would prefer a team playing good football to win:)

Were you watching the same game as us?

Its been a long time baby

Im not getting into this, but he was there, were you? Even watching the tv and pictures since there are no liverpool fans attacking the Italians when they are packed up against the wall which caused the deaths. They fought back as most fans would do, I have seen Hearts fans do the same. Also there were masked Italians throwing firebombs at the English caught on camera. English always seem to get the blame. Italy, Holland, Germany and Turkey all have a worse record than the English.

No im not ashamed, it was a terrible thing what happened and proves that football isnt more important than football as was once quoted

shaun.lawson

Liverpool 4-0 Real Madrid

Manchester United 1-4 Liverpool

Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa

You think that's boring?!

DemonCleaner

their goals seem to be coming from penaltys, freekicks or punts from their own box. i'd rather see them score from open play and for all their faults i'd rather watch United or Arsenal as it is more entertaining. imo.

J.T.F.Robertson
Wrong, mate. Like the rest of us, he'd just reach for a dictionary!

:qqb006:

Walter Bishop
How good is Gerrard, honestly?

Best in his position in the world at the moment. More influental than Messi? That ones debatable.

Ronaldo will be lucky to make the shortlist next year

Should have been sent off today imo.

maroonlegions
their goals seem to be coming from penaltys, freekicks or punts from their own box. i'd rather see them score from open play and for all their faults i'd rather watch United or Arsenal as it is more entertaining. imo.

That is bordering on a hobo type flair myth deluded saying over on Couldnotbeat10manAberdeenwithourflair.net.:boat:

The times i have seen Liverpool play this season i have been entertained , they are some team just now but fair dues to you, your views are yours and no one else's.Each to his own i suppose.

There is hardly anything better (in Premiership terms) than giving hope to the Wall Pushers and then snatching it away again.

It's funnier this way.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
How good is Gerrard, honestly?

Best in his position in the world at the moment. More influental than Messi? That ones debatable.

Ronaldo will be lucky to make the shortlist next year

Speaking of Messi ... he just scored a fantastic individual goal. What a talent this guy is. Been a lot of false dawns but this guy really is the new Maradona.

Tune into the Barca game if you can ... 2-0 up with 20 minutes played and are looking likely to score at least 4 or 5.

shaun.lawson
There is hardly anything better (in Premiership terms) than giving hope to the Wall Pushers and then snatching it away again.

It's funnier this way.

After hubris comes nemesis. :laugh:

Do The Dance

Yeah, you're probably right ... like Fulham or Spurs? :42:

Seymour M Hersh
That is a lie. A lie, lie lie. You should be ashamed.

It's not accurate but it's not too far from the scenario that enfolded that evening.

Seymour M Hersh

Typical hobo! Give flair or death! To hell with success.:!blank:

liverpool have been different class the last few weeks.

Agreed. Real Madrid, Man Utd and now Villa, all despatched with ease. It's title winning form at the right time of the season. United better get their finger out as Liverpool look capable of winning all their remaing fixtures.

Denny Crane
Penalty.

Remember the Heysel 96 :10800:

39 actually in what was a shameful night for LFC and football.

I know some on JKB have a hatred of Liverpool which borders on the vitriolic, however, get your facts right if you wish to slate the club.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
39 actually in what was a shameful night for LFC and football.

I know some on JKB have a hatred of Liverpool which borders on the vitriolic, however, get your facts right if you wish to slate the club.

Threads about Heysel/Hillsborough should be banned, as should threads about Liverpool in general. Discussed far too often on here for my liking.

Archived