I am a Muppet

sked21

As the title says I am a muppet. Didn't make it to the game yesterday. The first game I missed since October 2007.

So to save me from reading all threads could folk give their summary of the match. ie who played well, who was pish etc

As the title says I am a muppet. Didn't make it to the game yesterday. The first game I missed since October 2007.

So to save me from reading all threads could folk give their summary of the match. ie who played well, who was pish etc

Shocking first half, absolutely terrible. Obua gifted them the first goal with a shocking cross field pass straight to Beasley. 2nd goal was also from an error by Obua, he ducked out of a high ball across the box which led to a corner then he poorly headed the corner straight back out to Mendes who fed Ferguson for the second. We were looking at a big defeat at this stage having hardly ventured across the halfway line.

Second half we started with Elliot on in place of Chesney and started to get possession in the Rangers half of the park without doing too much with it. Rangers then missed a couple of chances including a sitter(imo) from Novo. Zal broke out of defence and played a perfect ball through to Bruno who fed Elliot to crack our first shot on goal which produced a good save from Scotlands no2, from the resulting corner(i think) we scored, Karipidis with a close in header from a knock back across goal from Ruben.

4mins later good play from Obua up the wing, cross to Elliot at back post who knocks it back to Ruben for him to sweetly strike it past the motionless Scotland no2 and into the corner of the net which resulted in bedlam in the Hearts end.

Instead of 'hanging on' at the end we took the game to Rangers and in the last couple of minutes Elliot produced a great save from Scotland no2 after a great run into the box.

Game of two halves, 1st half we were going nowhere with Nade isloated up front on his own, credit to Csaba for changing it and having a go second half, you could see the delight on the players faces at being able to do what they supposedly do best and allowed to go out and play football.

Zal imo was the only one to get pass marks 1st half, rest of the team stepped up to the mark second half with the welcome change in tactics.

Archived