Who could we realistically sign?

jambonian

I get the feeling there's going to be quite a few changes in playing staff next season, we still need to get rid of fringe players, Mrowiec, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, (is Ksanavicius still there?). There's also rumours going about that Lee Wallace is wanted by Walter Smith, maybe it'll be a swap deal with Velicka coming back. There is a few players in the SPL that would be worth a look at, ADAM ROONEY, a young striker at Inverness is a player with potential, An attacking midfielder would be ANDY DORMAN at St Mirren, STEVE HAMMELL at Motherwell or CHARLIE MULGREW at Aberdeen if we lost Wallace, DARREN BARR, SCOTT ARFIELD at Falkirk, MEHDI TAOUIL at Kilmarnock, RICHARD OFFIONG at Hamilton, put a cheeky bid in for JAMES McCARTHY aswell maybe.. there's also a few decent players that should be within our wage bracket in the lower leagues in England, not to mention whose going to be available that's out of contract, PAUL HARTLEY maybe?

Charlie-Brown

Nobody that will cost a transfer fee which means Bosman free transfers & loan signings with maybe option to buy

I get the feeling there's going to be quite a few changes in playing staff next season, we still need to get rid of fringe players, Mrowiec, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis, (is Ksanavicius still there?). There's also rumours going about that Lee Wallace is wanted by Walter Smith, maybe it'll be a swap deal with Velicka coming back. There is a few players in the SPL that would be worth a look at, ADAM ROONEY, a young striker at Inverness is a player with potential, An attacking midfielder would be ANDY DORMAN at St Mirren, STEVE HAMMELL at Motherwell or CHARLIE MULGREW at Aberdeen if we lost Wallace, DARREN BARR, SCOTT ARFIELD at Falkirk, MEHDI TAOUIL at Kilmarnock, RICHARD OFFIONG at Hamilton, put a cheeky bid in for JAMES McCARTHY aswell maybe.. there's also a few decent players that should be within our wage bracket in the lower leagues in England, not to mention whose going to be available that's out of contract, PAUL HARTLEY maybe?

All SPL players already and therefore sh**e, would rather we brought in unknown foreigners with no built in deference to the OF or youth players from our academy to be honest, plus I cant see us selling to der Hun

Can't see us selling Wallace, if we wait appeox 18 months he'll be n internationalist with some Prem teams sniffing about.

Rankers won't be able to afford him either and they'll probably be begging us to take Velicka off their hands

Rooney has done next to feck all at ICT, Dorman is a maybe, Taouil has not been the same player this season as he was last so I'm unsure, don't like Hammel, would definately take Mulgrew as he can do a job in midfield too and would take Barr and Arfield but can't see us paying the necessary fees, Not sure about Offiong and wouldn't say no to McCarthey (think he'll end up in the Chmpionship though) or Hartley

I would rather see more of the youngsters come through as a few of them have enough abiliy and potential to be better than most of those mentioned above at a fraction of the cost

Gigolo-Aunt
Nobody that will cost a transfer fee which means Bosman free transfers & loan signings with maybe option to buy

Think thats the line we will follow.

However it would be interesting to see what players have clauses in their contracts if their team is relegated from the SPL.

Was at the Falkirk game yesterday. Tam Scobbie would be a decent player for us given time. Also have to say I was quite impressed by ICT's centre half, the one that scored against us recently. Black was quiet. Arfield is a good player too. That said, we'll spend no money on fees, anyone coming in will be under Bosman I think.

No Nonsense

No doubt that this is the route we will take. We should free up a decent amount of wages from those moving on in the summer and their will be plenty of good players within our range if we are quick to move. What worries me is our tendancy to drag things out in transfer dealings. If this continues, then we could face a summer of being linked with good players, only to see them move somewhere else.

Clerry Jambo

It's obvious we don't have the money for transfer fees but the one positive we have going into the summer this time is Shabba.

Albeit he still needs to convince 1 man but I really hope that we have learned from the previous and most disappointing last 3/4 transfer windaes, they have been embarrassing to say the least.

The Old Tolbooth

That Morroccan fella that plays for Killie seems to be getting rave reviews, Taoule or something.

No doubt that this is the route we will take. We should free up a decent amount of wages from those moving on in the summer and their will be plenty of good players within our range if we are quick to move. What worries me is our tendancy to drag things out in transfer dealings. If this continues, then we could face a summer of being linked with good players, only to see them move somewhere else.

I agree with you there, we always seem to miss out on good young players, remember before they were even linked to the "bigott brothers" we lost out on trying to sign people like Naismith, McDonald, Boyd and Robson, we should move a lot quicker than them and get players in, that's down to our useless scouting system IMO, surely if they're doing their job properly they would know about all potential targets and get things moving!

Jambof3tornado

I have a feeling this transfer window has to be different,mostly down to the number of players we have that are out of contract. We can all have our wish lists,but I am happy with whoever Csaba brings in. He has shown he knows a player in getting Obua to come in and look interested(ie not like Larry),and I have not doubt he has a few more signing targets up his sleeves!!

-Offiong is complete gash.

-Rooney is definately no better than what we have.

-Dorman only actually looks decent because St. Midden are so bad.

-Mulgrew defensively is shocking. I'd much rather try and keep Wallace.

I don't think we have the cash at the moment for Barr or Arfield and certainly not McCarthy.

I think Hartley's wages would be too high.

Taouil might be a more realistic bet if we got him fairly cheap.

I hope Csaba has a bit more savvy in the transfer market than your aspirations.

monkfish1979
Lee Wallace... swap deal... Velicka.

Horrible, horrible idea. The huns won't be able to afford Wallace outright, and IMO they'll have to offer a hell of a lot better than Velicka, who's minus a whole year's worth of competitive football. If they propose such a deal, I really hope we'll leave Watty to contemplate his own crud/pointless signings with a resounding GTF.

I can see a few German players coming to Tynecastle before long, maybe another couple of African's too.

Csaba knows who all the players are who are out of contract at the end of the season as do all the Managers.

Their agents sends list out all the time to alert possible new clubs, that's how they make their money!!

Personally I would be happy to take Stephen Hughes and Dougie Imrie as well as a decent striker and an experienced centre back.

I have a feeling this transfer window has to be different,mostly down to the number of players we have that are out of contract. We can all have our wish lists,but I am happy with whoever Csaba brings in. He has shown he knows a player in getting Obua to come in and look interested(ie not like Larry),and I have not doubt he has a few more signing targets up his sleeves!!

I understand that Hearts current wage bill exceed income by some 25% and next season the target is to reduce this to 50% of income.

Now unless we can suddenly increase our turnover dramatically there is only one way to reduce the wage percentage to this level and that is by releasing all players who will be out of contract and bring in new one's on a lot less.

That is not really as bad as it sounds when you consider the silly money some of these muppets were on in the past such as Beslija, Makela etc.

That's why I think we will not keep Bruno and probably try to offload Kingston and perhaps even Driver but nobody is indispensable.

As long as Csaba is still here and he can get a little money next season then I am really looking forward to next season to see what he can do.

Why just limit ourselves to other SPL players?

We all agree that the standard of the SPL is gash, so why would we want anyone from any club in the SPL?

Look south, to League 1 or bottm half of the Championship. Some good players down there that will not ask alot of dosh.

$ilvery_Moon
Why just limit ourselves to other SPL players?

We all agree that the standard of the SPL is gash, so why would we want anyone from any club in the SPL?

Look south, to League 1 or bottm half of the Championship. Some good players down there that will not ask alot of dosh.

CCC wages = a lot of dosh and more than likely out of our limits.

feel free to shoot me down but anytime i've seen steven dobbie at queen of the south he always impresses.like yesterday he created 2 goals out of nothing for himself and has been top scorer for them last couple of seasons.don,t think queens work with long term contracts so wouldn,t be a huge gamble.(ok he played for the wee team but it was a while ago!)

Buffalo Bill

I can't name the players we'll sign but I do hope we bring in two or three to counter the exodus that will undoubtedly happen.

I'm looking forward to getting the wage bill down and the squad size cut. There's nothing to say that a trim squad of guys on modest wages can't be moulded into a hungry, well-organised, attacking unit.

Buffalo Bill

Only a Game
It's obvious we don't have the money for transfer fees but the one positive we have going into the summer this time is Shabba.

Albeit he still needs to convince 1 man but I really hope that we have learned from the previous and most disappointing last 3/4 transfer windaes, they have been embarrassing to say the least.

True, but Csaba has been the manager during at least part of the last two transfer windows and that hasnt made any difference to our shambolic approach. What bigger shambles was there than failing to fill in paperwork properly on the last day of the window (allegedly)

We go though this process before every transfer window and its invariably an unmitigated and embarrassing let down.

I notice that we are setting our sights quite a bit lower these days and hoping for some players who quite frankly, are not fit to wear maroon. The (unnamed) ICT centre half FFS !!!

I'll be happy if we get a striker and a centre half and re-sign some of what we have already got.

Anyone expecting 6 or 7 quality players coming in and a mass departure of "dead wood" is deluding themselves yet again

Captain Lithuania

I can see us signing Velicka for a nominal fee. Rangers want rid of him, and they know we would be happy to have him back. They need to cut the wage bill and I think Velicka would take a considerable pay cut to be getting first team football week in, week out.

Anyone for plundering the Hobos? Don't know what length of contract Denes Rosa signed with them but Csaba might still fancy him and I'd take Rob Jones -(yes, you heard right) - big, powerful, no nonsense and he scores the odd goal too.

Captain Lithuania
Anyone for plundering the Hobos? Don't know what length of contract Denes Rosa signed with them but Csaba might still fancy him and I'd take Rob Jones -(yes, you heard right) - big, powerful, no nonsense and he scores the odd goal too.

Rosa is on a 6-month deal, I think.

I think you have forgotten, Rob Jones is going to the mighty Cov :rolleyes:

The Comedian
feel free to shoot me down but anytime i've seen steven dobbie at queen of the south he always impresses.like yesterday he created 2 goals out of nothing for himself and has been top scorer for them last couple of seasons.don,t think queens work with long term contracts so wouldn,t be a huge gamble.(ok he played for the wee team but it was a while ago!)

He did nothing of note there other than to score a penalty which knocked Rangers out the cup on the way to being beat by Livi In the final. He's also slow and fat. We have that already.

Rosa is on a 6-month deal, I think.

I think you have forgotten, Rob Jones is going to the mighty Cov :rolleyes:

Thanks for that S1874 - I didn't know. Just thought that he and Zal would have been a powerful duo for us.

grumpyespana

Young Phinn of Dunfermline seem to remember he ripped the dons to bits over the two cup games.

Grumpy.

O'Flynn of Barnet -- centre forward that scores goals and will be rel. cheap to purchase -- he is a goalscorer and will be able to make the step up.

Tried to contact Hearts re him but no reply -- who do you send info to ?

Charlie-Brown

I think Csaba & Burger will use their knowledge of players from Germany & Hungary in compiling some signing targets.

Guest jambomickey
I think Csaba & Burger will use their knowledge of players from Germany & Hungary in compiling some signing targets.

i think the same as you.

i think the same as you.

I hope the same as you both. Incidentally can anyone name any German players who have played for Hearts? (my mind i blank and I am sure there are some, bet i've forgot somebody famous??)

German players will be a good idea, a very good idea.

Coming to think of it, Andy Dorman of St Mirren has been pretty decent this season, and I see no harm in checking him out, as he can certainly score......Thoughts?

LarrysRightFoot
Coming to think of it, Andy Dorman of St Mirren has been pretty decent this season, and I see no harm in checking him out, as he can certainly score......Thoughts?

He just signed a new deal at St Mirren.

Ive said before that I would love us to sign Paul Gallagher - and it says in todays NOTW that Blackburn have released him though it does say Stoke are interested so its probably a non-starter.

I know a few Falkirk fans who rate their young stiker Stewart very highly - maybe one to keep an eye on? Also if Falkirk go down I wonder if we will do anything about our rumoured interest in Barr and Arfield?

As for Griffiths at Livi surley he must be worth taking a look at as he is scoring every week just now. But havent i read on here before he is an ex-Hibs youth player and apparently has a poor attitude?

Darren Barr at Falkirk is a very promising young defender.

Paul Quinn a Motherwell has always impressed me. He can play full back or in midfield, good tackler, good pace, and good going forward.

Scott Severin. Out of contract at end of season and a quality player.

Paul Hartley. Still has a couple of seasons left in the legs yet and still has lots to offer.

Others in the SPL I rate but might cost a bit are Conway (Utd), Clarkson (Motherwell) and Dorman (St Mirren).

letsalllaughathobos
He just signed a new deal at St Mirren.

Ive said before that I would love us to sign Paul Gallagher - and it says in todays NOTW that Blackburn have released him though it does say Stoke are interested so its probably a non-starter.

I know a few Falkirk fans who rate their young stiker Stewart very highly - maybe one to keep an eye on? Also if Falkirk go down I wonder if we will do anything about our rumoured interest in Barr and Arfield?

As for Griffiths at Livi surley he must be worth taking a look at as he is scoring every week just now. But havent i read on here before he is an ex-Hibs youth player and apparently has a poor attitude?

griffiths is a pure hobo so is all his family another riorend.

Rocky jamboa

I'd be happy just to keep the current squad together, especially Aguiar, bring in maybe a striker (Velicka (?200k?)) and a centre half. Reckon Kingston will go so free's up a fair bit of cash. I reckon we've got a good team just now so no major changes needed. Think realistically thats the best we can hope for.

highlights from yesterdays game including an appearance at half time of crawford boyd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqk-2-znv5Q

tranent-jambo

I'm most probably going to take pelters for this but here goes... Lee Wilkie or the guy that plays next to him.

Velicka only had 1 good spell and would probably be hopeless now

i'd like to see Denes Rosa, Iwelumo (Who seems good at club level) and would like to see us take some of the Rangers reserves as no doubt alot of them will be sold or released... also would like to see some of the players on shabbs' 23 player list

I want shabba to raid dundee utd for Sandaza, Kovacevic and Lee Wilkie. Gareth Kenny would be another but I doubt we could afford him.

I think Rosa will join up with us in the summer, hence he only signed a 6 month contract despite being one of the best players for hubz.

We have Ian Black comming and I think we may see another couilpe of shabba's own players that we have not heard of.

Depending on who stays in the summer...we could be in for some good times.

griffiths is a pure hobo so is all his family another riorend.

So was another great goal scorer for hearts when he was a lad.

I'd be happy just to keep the current squad together, especially Aguiar, bring in maybe a striker (Velicka (?200k?)) and a centre half. Reckon Kingston will go so free's up a fair bit of cash. I reckon we've got a good team just now so no major changes needed. Think realistically thats the best we can hope for.

We wont be spending anything like ?200k on anyone in my opinion.

I think the lower English leagues are out of bounds too with the wages that they are still able to pay.

Also the likes of Campbell Ogilvie might need to take a worst case scenario view regarding Setanta's future ( the only real source of extra cash up here ) and curtail any type of spending based on long term cash from them ?

What we might see are players from Europe that Csaba may have sussed out, guys who are technically proficient ALREADY and who may fit our new leaner wage structure ?

As regards selling - Driver and Wallace have big futures if they progress properly and they will be in the shop window at some point - but not yet !

Larry doesn't want to be here by the look of things and he may just have to be 'suffered' until he strikes a bit of form, gets himself noticed by other clubs, and we can then sell him and recoup his wages if nothing else !

That is all

Names are unimportant tbh.

We need a right full back as I believe that Neilson will leave.

We need at least one senior centre half, two would be preferable. Two would be necessary if Zaliukas leaves.

We need a right sided midfielder as I suspect that Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis AND Kingston will leave.

If we are to continue playing 4-5-1, we would need an attacking midfielder.

We need at least one striker, two would be preferable.

If Driver leaves we will need a left sided midfielder.

Archived