page 90 of the sunday mail

gareth1980

Doctor FinnBarr
why have they removed the sponser from the front of the hearts players strips ??

Rather odd is it not!

:56:

why have they removed the sponser from the front of the hearts players strips ??

Spite, perhaps?

Denny Crane

It looks like they horizontally flipped the picture according to in-house style (ie persons looking towards the page spread centre) which would have had the sponsor name reading backwards - hence it has been erased as it would look daft. Nothing sinister I reckon.

It looks like they horizontally flipped the picture according to in-house style (ie persons looking towards the page spread centre) which would have had the sponsor name reading backwards - hence it has been erased as it would look daft. Nothing sinister I reckon.

So does that change the side the Hearts badge is on?

Denny Crane
So does that change the side the Hearts badge is on?

Badges are easy to flip on Quarkexpress (the page system used by most Trinity Mirror titles), words - like sponsor names for example - for some reason are not.

Doctor FinnBarr
Badges are easy to flip on Quarkexpress (the page system used by most Trinity Mirror titles), words - like sponsor names for example - for some reason are not.

But why flip it?

:sorcerer:

Hagar the Horrible

Its a very bad photoshop

they have flipped the picture over and moved the Hearts badge and the umbro badge on the top but forgot about the shorts.

colinmaroon

Just more evidence of what unprofessional rags the Record and the Mail are!!!

Hagar the Horrible

The origonal picture on the hearts wed site also shows that they have cropped the picture to move the two players closer together? They must think it looks better to have them face inwards towards the story?

Just when I thought there couldn't be a rational explanation for the sponsor's name missing... begs the question though, why didn't they just use another photo?

Denny Crane
Why would they need to face page centre?

:qqb016:

House styles of various papers - in most cases - have their photo subject matter facing inwards instead of away from the page. A quirk of the profession.

@tamflogel

I suspect someone on JKB would have started a thread slating the SM for not having a pic of Rueben celebrating his goal had they used a different photo.

Doctor FinnBarr
House styles of various papers - in most cases - have their photo subject matter facing inwards instead of away from the page. A quirk of the profession.

@tamflogel

I suspect someone on JKB would have started a thread slating the SM for not having a pic of Rueben celebrating his goal had they used a different photo.

I'll settle for that as being a reasonable answer.

Guest Fabuloso

@tamflogel

No no no no no! It's a deliberate attempt to have a go at Hearts. There's a conspiracy don't you know....

Pretty sure they've done something similar with the Falkirk picture as well (read my Mum's copy, in case I get accused of buying it :laugh:)

Doctor FinnBarr
Pretty sure they've done something similar with the Falkirk picture as well (read my Mum's copy, in case I get accused of buying it :laugh:)

Don't look at Fhalkirk pics in your mhums copy!

Seriously, do you get papers up there on the same day there published now?

Used to be a day late.

john brownlee

Its just lazy photo jurno and very unprofessional They wouldn't do it for murray's bhoys would they.

Why do they need to doctor photos in the first place cropings OK but all the other stuff, just like move and past cut and move etc is not professional all it does is make the camera lie. Remember the famous spit by Rudi. really bad atempt to ruin a professional, which these cut and paste artists are not. Maybe they shoukd invest in the "idiots guide to photoshop", good reading BTW

Seriously, do you get papers up there on the same day there published now?

Used to be a day late.

If the Simmer Dim rally has been your only time here I'd've thought the daily rags would've been the last thing on your mind :laugh:

Yeah, they've been arriving on the day of publication (weather permitting) for years now...maybe it just felt like a day late for you...or maybe that was the Vidlin shop.

Having said that, I do remember my Grandad regularly picking up his Sunday Post along with his Radio Times on a Wednesday...though I'm sure it would've been available before then if he'd wanted it. Just not on the Sunday.

Just more evidence of what unprofessional rags the Record and the Mail are!!!

Still not as bad as when The Sun photoshopped a gobbing coming from Skacel's mouth aimed at lennon even though other papers showed the same photo with no sign of it!

Just paranoid, I presume

Aye Aye thats what they all say. :D

Denny Crane
No no no no no! It's a deliberate attempt to have a go at Hearts. There's a conspiracy don't you know....

Arf!

Just as there was when the Weekly News put Gordan Petric's head on Paul Ritchie's body to accompany a feature on him, as the Serb had still to make his debut for Hearts.

Doctor FinnBarr
If the Simmer Dim rally has been your only time here I'd've thought the daily rags would've been the last thing on your mind :laugh:

Yeah, they've been arriving on the day of publication (weather permitting) for years now...maybe it just felt like a day late for you...or maybe that was the Vidlin shop.

Having said that, I do remember my Grandad regularly picking up his Sunday Post along with his Radio Times on a Wednesday...though I'm sure it would've been available before then if he'd wanted it. Just not on the Sunday.

I did work in Lerwick for a week or so!

:th_love:

Guest GhostHunter
Still not as bad as when The Sun photoshopped a gobbing coming from Skacel's mouth aimed at lennon even though other papers showed the same photo with no sign of it!

Just paranoid, I presume

Hehe - I still have this in my photobucket

2in1.gif

resized-WTF.gif

Archived