Macdonald should keep his place

grumpyespana

grumpyespana

After another faultless display young Macdonald should keep the jersey for the Killie game on merit.

Grumpy.

Not bothered either way.

He didn't do anything wrong today and Balogh should maybe be punished, ala Zaliukas, for his indiscipline but I do rate The Balogh higher than Jamie Mac - not really a fan of either though.

alwaysthereinspirit
Looking at the highlights, Jamie Mac does not look too clever for the opener.

Thought the defender could have at least tried to block Laferty. In saying that I think everyone was caught out by one of the worst crossfield passes I've ever seen.:56:

alwaysthereinspirit
Thought the defender could have at least tried to block Laferty. In saying that I think everyone was caught out by one of the worst crossfield passes I've ever seen.:56:

My bad. Defender had no chance of getting back.

Not convinced - I think the young keeper should have done alot better at the first goal.

Not convinced - I think the young keeper should have done alot better at the first goal.

It was basically a one on one situation , these are the hardest things for a goalkeeper to save apart from penalties.

Hats off to the lad , thought he did excellently considering he was playing through the pain barrier.

Tynecastle Valhalla

jamie mac should keep his place for now although from looking at the goals he could have done better for both

McDonald did not do anything wrong yesterday(not too much to do tbh) and it would not bother me if he kept his place, but i would still prefer The Balogh.

McDonald imo is 'lightweight' in the box and is never going to command it.

Jam Tarts 1874

Ferguson's second goal was almost straight at him and yet he didn't get anywhere near it.

It was a decent display - but he should certainly have done better for the first goal and he made a complete mess of a cross which he came for in the second half.

Ferguson's second goal was almost straight at him and yet he didn't get anywhere near it.

Well if it was, it must have taken some swerve after going past him. If I recall, Ferguson's shot hit the side netting, which is the sign of an excellent strike.

Also re the first, also give Lafferty some cedit. Not only an excellent strike, but placed in that no man's land for a keeper. Along the ground at pace, just too far away to save with his foot, but to close to go with extended arms.

If you know what I mean.

grumpyespana
Balogh for me. McDonald reminds me of Roddy McKenzie - decent but not top drawer.

I agree in principle but why drop the guy if he had a reasonable game ie Elliot played well so if he is dropped in two weeks time for say Glen its the same thing, we should go on current form.

Grumpy.

Archived