Countdown to the 2009 accounts - 30/03/2009

3inaBednar

Given that we have no game next weekend the next big event in our Heart of Midlothian supporting lives is the accounts!!!

As a build up i'd like to ask (in jest seeing as some folk think it might have gone straight into Vlad's pocket) which one player would you buy for Hearts with Craig Gordon's ?9 million transfer fee?

I'd go for Luca Toni from Bayern Munich. (think 9 million would be enough!?!)

Bttt, Kickback must have a countdown to this monumental moment in our clubs history. Feel free to change the title, question etc but we must have a countdown. This date could mean the difference between bust or actually having a club to support next year! Who knows what will appear in the murky pages of Vlad's accountants, hopefully nothing too shocking!

Bttt, Kickback must have a countdown to this monumental moment in our clubs history. Feel free to change the title, question etc but we must have a countdown. This date could mean the difference between bust or actually having a club to support next year! Who knows what will appear in the murky pages of Vlad's accountants, hopefully nothing too shocking!

Whoa there horsey, not like the fine upstanding scottish accountants at RBS etc eh?:20:

Only a Game
This date could mean the difference between bust or actually having a club to support next year! Who knows what will appear in the murky pages of Vlad's accountants, hopefully nothing too shocking!

Surely if there was anything in the accounts to make us "bust" we'd have been "bust" at the end of the period the accounts refer to, which is July 2008.

As far as I know, from watching the second half yesterday Hearts are alive and well and strolling towards a European place.

I expect the accounts to show a further reduction in the debt. We'll still have too much debt for a club of our size and we wont be in a good trading position, certainly not good enough for our manager to be getting significant amounts of money to spend in the summer.

The accounts are mildly interesting to have a look at I suppose, but there shouldnt be anything there that we dont already know, nothing earth shattering and nothing worth counting down to, thats for sure.

Can anyone confirm that this happenned, I have no memory of it??

Russian businessman German Tkachenko is to become a major shareholder in Hearts in the upcoming months. Tkachenko is an associate of Vladimir Romanov and is the former President of Krylia Sovetov.

Romanov/UBIG will remain at Hearts in an off field sense, holding the debt while receiving the benefits of commercial activity through the development of the new stand which they will fund. Tkachenko will use his ProSports Management agency to bring in and sell players.

Expect an announcement at the AGM, which has been delayed as a result.

Can anyone confirm that this happenned, I have no memory of it??

Russian businessman German Tkachenko is to become a major shareholder in Hearts in the upcoming months. Tkachenko is an associate of Vladimir Romanov and is the former President of Krylia Sovetov.

Romanov/UBIG will remain at Hearts in an off field sense, holding the debt while receiving the benefits of commercial activity through the development of the new stand which they will fund. Tkachenko will use his ProSports Management agency to bring in and sell players.

Expect an announcement at the AGM, which has been delayed as a result.

Where'd you find that?

Things have got that bad in Britain?

That's not the word for it. I went there with the hope that I'd be able to avoid all the dirty stuff that we've all grown used to here. I thought that there everything was clean, ideal, (that I would be dealing) with gentlemen. But it turned out that there everything is even worse.

Worse than here?

Yes, by some way.

In what way is that visible?

They have a different mentality. A different culture, or to be more precise, lack of culture. What do I mean by that? Here, for example, I can say to German (Tkachenko, the Russian football magnate who runs the agency that represents players such as Laryea Kingston and who was sitting next to him during the interview): 'Why are you trying to deceive me?' (German Tkachenko interjects: 'And I would feel ashamed'.) And he would feel ashamed. But if I say that to a British person, they give you an innocent look and say, 'Me? Deceive you? I'll see you in court!' That's the difference.

What we would call base behaviour is the norm for them. It's normal for them to betray one's own club and conduct talks with another club behind their back or not to give their team everything on the pitch because someone has seduced them by waving the shirt of another club at them.

But fans there deserve something much more. They are not like the tiffosi in Italy. British supporters are well-versed, they understand everything, they live for football. But they are being served up a rotten product, even if it is well packaged.

seeing as this has jobby has risen to the surface again...

this clown is trolling and bumping his thread up, both contrary to the rules i believe.

let's let this thread shrivel up and disappear and let the mods deal with the OP.

Not answering the question though, where is the comment re the new guy coming from? The quote you have there is a good few months old if I'm remembering right.

As for the ProSports thing thats nothing new, most of the players signed that are considered 'Romanov' signings have come this way

seeing as this has jobby has risen to the surface again...

this clown is trolling and bumping his thread up, both contrary to the rules i believe.

let's let this thread shrivel up and disappear and let the mods deal with the OP.

Behave, i'm simply trying to get a debate going on the accounts. I was unaware of this german guy until I did a bit of net trawling the now.

I was out the country for most of last year which is probably why i missed previous debates etc about him. I apologise I've i am bringing back old and obviously nerve tickling debates and Mods feel free to delete if you like but I am honestly just trying to get a discussion about the accounts going and get our heads out the sand.

I don't think the accounts are going to be as uncontroversial as some on here, in fact most on here believe. A lot of people seem to be letting the race for 3rd cloud the fact that the most important set of accounts in the clubs history come out shortly.

The Future's Maroon
Where'd you find that?
At a guess...I'd say Football Rumours!!!

Forget Tkachenko, the debate on him is clearly not wanted/allowed.

The debate about what's coming in the club accounts is very much alive though!

I think i'll have restless nights until I get my copy of the accounts through the post. Honestly am not sure how am going to cope. :hanged:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Has it definitely been confirmed that the accounts are out next week?

The Future's Maroon
A lot of people seem to be letting the race for 3rd cloud the fact that the most important set of accounts in the clubs history come out shortly.
3inabednar, I dont get where you are coming from by saying these are the most important set of accounts in the clubs history? It is pretty clear that the debt will be lower, costs will be lower so why do you think they are so important?

And more so, why do think these result could decide if Hearts will go bust or not - personally I dont feel like that, I am actually looking forward to them coming out because I expect they will be the best set of accounts regarding our financies since Vlad came to the club.

Behave, i'm simply trying to get a debate going on the accounts. I was unaware of this german guy until I did a bit of net trawling the now.

I was out the country for most of last year which is probably why i missed previous debates etc about him. I apologise I've i am bringing back old and obviously nerve tickling debates and Mods feel free to delete if you like but I am honestly just trying to get a discussion about the accounts going and get our heads out the sand.

I don't think the accounts are going to be as uncontroversial as some on here, in fact most on here believe. A lot of people seem to be letting the race for 3rd cloud the fact that the most important set of accounts in the clubs history come out shortly.

Surely if there was anything in the accounts to make us "bust" we'd have been "bust" at the end of the period the accounts refer to, which is July 2008.

As far as I know, from watching the second half yesterday Hearts are alive and well and strolling towards a European place.

I expect the accounts to show a further reduction in the debt. We'll still have too much debt for a club of our size and we wont be in a good trading position, certainly not good enough for our manager to be getting significant amounts of money to spend in the summer.

The accounts are mildly interesting to have a look at I suppose, but there shouldnt be anything there that we dont already know, nothing earth shattering and nothing worth counting down to, thats for sure.

3iB, I bring your attention to OAG's post which sums it up perfectly, the only thing up for debate is the level of debt and it will not be anything earth shattering, most probably somewhere in the region of ?20-22m maybe a little more depending on running costs etc nothing earth shattering and nothing to think the administrators are lurking ready to lock the gates at Tynie

To label them the most important set of accounts is, being polite, a tad over dramatic and not being polite reeks of a desperate hobonomics expert

either way give it a rest and we'll see what happens next week

Has it definitely been confirmed that the accounts are out next week?

They should be, were out on 30/03/2008 last year so should be same date this year. I'm don't have a huge understanding of the process but I am sure legal obligations mean they HAVE to be out next week.

I still don't get the apparent disregard for the accounts on here, does nobody else think they are important?? 3rd place will mean nowt if we are 40 million in debt (i'm not scaremongering but that COULD be the case). Then again lets just hope for the best and pray nothing 'unusual' appears.

They should be, were out on 30/03/2008 last year so should be same date this year. I'm don't have a huge understanding of the process but I am sure legal obligations mean they HAVE to be out next week.

I still don't get the apparent disregard for the accounts on here, does nobody else think they are important?? 3rd place will mean nowt if we are 40 million in debt (i'm not scaremongering but that COULD be the case). Then again lets just hope for the best and pray nothing 'unusual' appears.

Utter baws, stay away from junky.net based on the ?8m+ for Craig Gordon, ?2.5m for Bednar and the ?12m debt to equity deal there is no chance of the debt being anywhere near ?40m, to state that it could be I'm afraid IS scaremongering

3inabednar, I dont get where you are coming from by saying these are the most important set of accounts in the clubs history? It is pretty clear that the debt will be lower, costs will be lower so why do you think they are so important?

And more so, why do think these result could decide if Hearts will go bust or not - personally I dont feel like that, I am actually looking forward to them coming out because I expect they will be the best set of accounts regarding our financies since Vlad came to the club.

Sorry but you cant be asking sensible questions like that on here.

Somewhere in the distance i can hear sirgay thrashing his 1 inch banjo on the strength of this thread.

lost in leith

Pretty sure the deadline is 28/2 each year (7 months after the year end). They were late last year, and are late this year. Think there are quite a few people who think they are important, me included, but I can't get terribly excted about them before they are published.

Hmm. Despite your protestations, you actually seem rather well versed on the subject of our finances, despite having missed previous debates....

So, in what way do we have our heads in the sand?

john brownlee
Given that we have no game next weekend the next big event in our Heart of Midlothian supporting lives is the accounts!!!

As a build up i'd like to ask (in jest seeing as some folk think it might have gone straight into Vlad's pocket) which one player would you buy for Hearts with Craig Gordon's ?9 million transfer fee?

I'd go for Luca Toni from Bayern Munich. (think 9 million would be enough!?!)

I support Hearts because they are a football team, if I was intrested in accounts I would check out accountants and the like.A good web site is accountantsatdockside.irl.flair

I leave all that sort of crap to hobonomics and anti vlad posters if you want a buzz go and check your bank account if you have one

The Future's Maroon

If it were not for the fact I can see you have 630-odd posts, I would presume you were infact a Hibs fan trying to wind it up.

As for your figure of ?40m.....that beggars belief in my book.

I wont bother commenting any further on this thread as it has become a complete joke.

3inaBednar posted a month or so back that he had heard our net debt was going to be higher than the last set of accounts...

Not doing much to shake off those undercover Hobo suspicions is he...

Geoff Kilpatrick
Pretty sure the deadline is 28/2 each year (7 months after the year end). They were late last year, and are late this year. Think there are quite a few people who think they are important, me included, but I can't get terribly excted about them before they are published.

Exactly.

My personal view on their tardiness is that the auditors were refusing to sign them off (correctly) until UBIG confirmed their support of the company. I am wondering if this is the same again.

Archived