IS 2ND A POSSIBILITY

ando

A win for Celtic tomorrow and the league is theirs can Hearts push for 2nd place or is it to late in the season

no chance. but if we can play like that 2nd half performance every week, next season should be great. stop throwing away games away at hamilton or at home to killie and we may have a chance. but its too late this season.

No. Lets be pleased at aiming for third, we would have given anything to be aiming for third this time last year.

Skivingatwork

I think our priority is to continue to win games and aim to keep 3rd place.

However...mutterings and rumblings will be starting over in mordor, especially if the mhanks win tomorrow. Hopefully a healthy dose of infighting will commence and many more points will be dropped. If we begin to smell blood going in to the split then...nah I still think 3rd will be the best we'll do.

Tynecastle Valhalla

rangers wont drop enough points

we wont win enough games

so the answer is no

forget it. maximum points for us still wouldn't be enough.

had we won a couple of the games we shouldn't have lost then it would have been a possibility.

rangers wont drop enough points

You say that, but havent rangers only taken 1 point from their last two games which were without a doubt(in my mind) 6 points more or less in the bag?

If they continue to drop the ball as they have been, I dont see why 2nd place is not beyond our reach.

You say that, but havent rangers only taken 1 point from their last two games which were without a doubt(in my mind) 6 points more or less in the bag?

If they continue to drop the ball as they have been, I dont see why 2nd place is not beyond our reach.

fantasy stuff.

we would have to beat them in the next game, beat celtic twice, win all our other games, and rangers would have to drop another 10 points.

we will finish about 18-20 points behind rangers.

forget it. maximum points for us still wouldn't be enough.

had we won a couple of the games we shouldn't have lost then it would have been a possibility.

At this stage of the season I think that pretty much covers it. Even if we won every single game rangers would have to go on a pretty horrendous run for us to catch them.

To be honest will be delighted with 3rd, it is better than I expect.

At this stage of the season I think that pretty much covers it. Even if we won every single game rangers would have to go on a pretty horrendous run for us to catch them.

To be honest will be delighted with 3rd, it is better than I expect.

3rd would be tremendous and it's there for the taking. still a lot to do yet.

not many would have pegged us as finishing 3rd at the start. i was hopeful of 4th but never thought we could overhaul dundee united. they have faded badly and we just have to avoid doing the same.

The fact that we can even contemplate 2nd shows what a great effort Csaba's doing with a very weak squad. Too late in the day this time round, but I think if actually build on this squad then 2nd could be a real target

alwaysthereinspirit
A win for Celtic tomorrow and the league is theirs can Hearts push for 2nd place or is it to late in the season

Seriousy. With a few smart signings(Black being one) in the summer and Csaba left to manage. We could win the f!@#$^g league. Both OF teams are crap.

I haven't even had a drink yet.

Seriousy. With a few smart signings(Black being one) in the summer and Csaba left to manage. We could win the f!@#$^g league. Both OF teams are crap.

I haven't even had a drink yet.

Stay of the mushroom tea.

Everybody loves Baz
Stay of the mushroom tea.

This was my first thought also :th_love:

Guest jambomickey

if we had a striker i'm convinced we would have split the old firm again because that rangers team we played today are gash.

lockiesdodgeyknee

my mate was at tynie the other nite at some smoker event and he managed 2 get a one to one chat wi csaba and my mate said to him "make sure we get good result at ibrox cause we need 2 get to europe so me and the boys can get a trip away" csabas reply was " we can still win the league!!!! u dont start a race and pull out halfway through it u r in it till the race ends" uve got 2 love the big man. so hell yeah we can finish 2nd!

my mate was at tynie the other nite at some smoker event and he managed 2 get a one to one chat wi csaba and my mate said to him "make sure we get good result at ibrox cause we need 2 get to europe so me and the boys can get a trip away" csabas reply was " we can still win the league!!!! u dont start a race and pull out halfway through it u r in it till the race ends" uve got 2 love the big man. so hell yeah we can finish 2nd!

That's good to hear. One of my pet hates is hearing the clubs stated ambition is to be the best of the rest.

Realisticly though I can see ra sellick scooping most of the prizes for the next few years.

Was a Fantastic performance today and a tremendous result, but don't get carried away here. We still haven't got third place sown up (obviously we will) but its not for definate.

Kilmarnock next - 3pts

Celtic - 1pt

= 3rd place and european football at Tynie! :smash:

Was a Fantastic performance today and a tremendous result, but don't get carried away here. We still haven't got third place sown up (obviously we will) but its not for definate.

Kilmarnock next - 3pts

Celtic - 1pt

= 3rd place and european football at Tynie! :smash:

before euphoria sets in i think if we're realistic our performance for the first 50 minutes today was woeful!

what really got me upbeat was the fact a much maligned player ( and I'm as guilty as most of the rest) came on and showed that the right attitude, guts, application and a never say die attitude could get us something from a very poor rankgers side - well done Calum my humble pie has been eaten, prove me wrong on a regular basis, and on today's showing you could help us get another wee euro trip!

MON THE JT'S!

Guest jambomickey
before euphoria sets in i think if we're realistic our performance for the first 50 minutes today was woeful!

what really got me upbeat was the fact a much maligned player ( and I'm as guilty as most of the rest) came on and showed that the right attitude, guts, application and a never say die attitude could get us something from a very poor rankgers side - well done Calum my humble pie has been eaten, prove me wrong on a regular basis, and on today's showing you could help us get another wee euro trip!

MON THE JT'S!

elliot showed under burley and rix he's a decent player! the young lad suffered because of the sackng madness and interference in team selection.

The report last weekend of a team of bankers being put into RFC to oversee their operations is one step away from administration and if that happened there is an accompanying 10 point deduction. I am not sure if it is more helpful to Hearts for this to happen this season or next after a major downsizing at Ibrox.

elliot showed under burley and rix he's a decent player! the young lad suffered because of the sackng madness and interference in team selection.

good point. let's hope csaba can get to the bottom of him... so to speak.

I wish this foresight and wisdom could have been applied when the lad was actually getting booed and constantly ridiculed by some sections of the fans.

Second? not a chance. To finish third with the current squad of players would be a terrific achievement and there's still a lot of work to be done.

If we're honest... we're still simply not good enough. What we've achieved so far with the resources we have is to be applauded.

We need changes in the summer for us to even think about sustaining a credible challenge for 2nd, never mind even attempting to win the league

No, we won't get to second, simply because we lose or draw too many matches against the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton etc... Rangers would have to go on a MAJOR slump to have any realistic chance anyway so, be happy if we finnish third especially after the embarrassment of eighth place last season!

While it was a fine 2nd half comeback in the Weege we shouldn`t forget that the SPL is a close battle.

Rangers and Celtic are still the most consistent out of us all despite being middle of the road sides. Going away to any SPL ground is difficult, not just Ibrox or Parkhead.

It is a bonus getting the point yesterday as over a season not many will take points in Glasgow but our next game will be just as difficult. It would take a seriously bad run of results for Rangers and an unbeaten finish for us just to close the gap on Rangers, never mind take them over.

Nooooooooooooooo

everytime someone posts these over adventurous posts we always sorry usually (must learn to stop using never and always) end up with egg on our face next game

Dagger Is Back

Dinnae be daft. We'll do well to hold onto third especially with Utd and the Sheep to play after the split.

what this weekend has shown again is the OF are so vulnerable. They are going to lose points between now and the end of the season. Key thing for us to to pick up maximum points before the split - then we can see what is achievable.

After this weekends football, I am 100% confident going into the Celtic game at Tyne, that we will get at least a point and 3 points will very much be on the cards, our home form is fantastic in the league.

That Rangers team is the wost I have seen for years. I think they're on the verge of chaos - as much as it pains me to say it, Sellic will have this league sewn up before the split. If that happens, watch the implosion at Govan. They'll be looking over their shoulder more than they'll be looking up at Sellic.

I don't think Hearts are good enough for second place, but can see Rangers stuttering their way to second place and make it exciting...

john brownlee

Not this season but defo next maybe even go for first place now that would be something

come on the mighty JTs

2nd place is unrealistic this season but should be aimed for next season,

we wont be the only team losing players this summer, so if Csaba can improve on what he has achieved so far than i can see us giving the buns a decent run for 2nd next season,

Archived