Calum Elliot

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

No matter what has happened before, he had to be given a fresh start. It was a nonsense that he didn't get a chance in the last few weeks when we've played Mrowiec upfront instead but it seems like he was the difference in the second half.

He deserves a chance against Kilmarnock because he should have taken confidence a lot from today.

Credit where credit's due, let's hope he goes from strength to strength now!

Agreed!

Well Done Clum...

(Before anyone say anything, YES im one of the ones who gave clum dog abuse on here meny of times, If he keeps playing well ill take it all back.. All of it...)

When he plays well 5/6 games in a row and shows form for 90 minutes and stops making stupid tackles and stops mouthing off and tries a leg at all times then I might just start to believe we have a player but until then ................

I would like to say well done today however as all of the team deserve credit for the second half show.

Clerry Jambo
The world is upside down. I dont know whats happened in the few months since I've moved to London. But suddenly Clum and Zal are indispensible to the team and nobody is that fussed if Bruno and Larry leave. Can someone explain whats going on?!?!?

Its just the overly used but true phrase of the "fickle fitba fan"

Harry Palmer

Can we please start calling him by his name which is Calum. A guid honest Scottish laddies name. Top Quality Calum, same again in 2 weeks.

(Malcolm is the Gaelic equivalent)

Aye, he looked like a proper good player today, running at players, shooting powerfully but accurately, linking up well and generally showing some good awareness. Lets hope he gets some support if he makes an appearance against Killie. I think playing away from home where he didn't unfairly cop lots of stick before he even kicked a ball helped him a lot.

I think we should keep playing defenders ahead of him

Anti-Hearts & Anti-Romanov & Anti-Csaba - why cant you ever just be pleased for Hearts?:smash:

Best I've ever seen him play. Outstanding, and well done to Csaba for having the faith in him.

You have hit the nail on the head!

Johanes de Silentio
Callum Elliot is the new Obua.

Always thought he was treated unfairly

Aye, me anaw - go on, Callum son!

Delighted - I've been in the minority that have stuck up for Elliott through all the abuse he has taken.

He showed under Rix that he has undoubted natural talent. I said all along I think he has suffered more than any other player through the general rollercoaster that has been Hearts since then.

Having seen what Laszlo has done to Wallace and Drivers' games, I think we'll see more of thie Calum Elliott we saw today.

monkfish1979
No matter what has happened before, he had to be given a fresh start. It was a nonsense that he didn't get a chance in the last few weeks when we've played Mrowiec upfront instead but it seems like he was the difference in the second half.

He deserves a chance against Kilmarnock because he should have taken confidence a lot from today.

I'd argue that that's exactly what Elliot needed. It's nice to have a manager that doesn't seem to have a problem with telling a player to sort his attitude out before he gets a chance in the team.

Delighted to see him showing his ability. Well done Clum.

rab obanheartsno1

well done calum son great attitude today ,he has taken a lot of stick but today showed what he can do when his heads right and must be in contention for a place against killie

Thats an understatement. Maby the whole ordeal of Elliot getting abused constantly by Hearts fans and him getting punted out on loan has been a long term benefit to the lad and helped him develop the hard way. I'll be delighted to see Elliot follow in the footsteps of Lee Wallace under Csaba this season and hope that he can build on his performance at Ibrox.

portobellojambo1

I, like many, have been a critic of Elliot in the past, and while I was being critical I felt it was deserved, he wasn't producing on the park, where it counts.

Yesterday he came on and looked like a completely different player, no histrionics, no continually falling on his erse, or constantly blaming his team mates for this that and the other. Just simple hard work which produced results, and could have brought him two goals but for some excellent goalkeeping.

He played his part in bringing us back into the game. It may well be that the last while has been a huge learning curve for him, he went to Livingston and started scoring some goals again, he has seen players play up front for us and possibly realises they shouldn't have been, and has got himself back on track.

If he has got his head screwed on the right way again, and continues to perform at yesterday's level the criticism from Hearts fans will undoubtedly stop, which can only benefit Elliot, and as an off shoot Hearts.

Colonel Kurtz

Anyone who saw calums man of the tournament performance against Man U in the milk cup when he was a laddie or first half v The Tims knew he was a player.

Coaches like Frail destroyed his confidence as did "supporters" and posters on here who slag all our youngsters...the "it should have been me" syndrome

People who have a go at the academy becuase they want their man to get John Murrays job should also have a think

Macdonald,Wallace,Eggert,Driver,jason,all played in our under 19 team in the final at parkhead...none of the u19 celtic team will play today

Frankenstein Jambo.

He used to be *****e but now he's orite, walkin in a elliot wonderland.

We should sing this.

When he plays well 5/6 games in a row and shows form for 90 minutes and stops making stupid tackles and stops mouthing off and tries a leg at all times then I might just start to believe we have a player but until then ................

I would like to say well done today however as all of the team deserve credit for the second half show.

Couldnt agree more with your first statement.

Walter Kidd

I've been saying for ages that Elliot was the new Kenny Black. Our fans need to start supporting young players rather than getting on their case.

Good result yesterday - maybe I was a bit harsh on Csaba through the week. Maybe he is the real deal after all.

sandyseymour
The world is upside down. I dont know whats happened in the few months since I've moved to London. But suddenly Clum and Zal are indispensible to the team and nobody is that fussed if Bruno and Larry leave. Can someone explain whats going on?!?!?

clearly it's all been your fault!!!! :smash:

Callum Elliot is the new Obua.

lets lay of his back in the next game at tynie,he never plays well at home fans must get behind him. a lot sharper than lazy nade

He used to be *****e but now he's orite, walkin in a elliot wonderland.

We should sing this.

Why. That's terrible.

hopefully there is more csaba can get out of elliot for the rest of the season.

and with tullberg getting on, glen to come back we wont have to play mrowiec and jonnson up front.

also would be a kick up the erse for nade with some compitition.

maybe our strikers can start gettinga run of goals before the season ends.

I think it could be the end of the road for Nade.:hanged:

Interesting.
Can we please start calling him by his name which is Calum. A guid honest Scottish laddies name. (Malcolm is the Gaelic equivalent)

I'm going to name him Dave. After Rodney.

good performance from calum but we will see if the corners been turned when he runs out in front of the idiots in the stands at tynie. he was always a good young player, and was always going to be inconsistent, as was wallace among others. i hope he gets the winner next week, turns round and sticks 2 fingers up at everyone in the stands for the abuse he was singled out for. its a disgrace the way the laddie was treated.

Archived