How Long Have You Been Addicted?

hughesie27

How Long Have You Been A Memebr Of Kickback?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How Long Have You Been A Memebr Of Kickback?

Let's all face this fact that we. As a group, are desperate for our next fix of this site when we leave. We alwaays need to know who has replied to our threads and we just can't let somebody post some drivel that we disagree with without putting in our wee bytes worth. However that does usually end up being more of a Giga bytes worth!

So the question is simple.

Me personally have been a member since the ripe age of 13-14. In a novemebr as well, I joined the night of children in need and managed to get myself 100 posts in a day! Then managed to get yellow carded the next day, and a few months later banned! Not too long after that Kickback was no more as far as CPR was concerned. Then I discovered forevergorgie.com and jambos.net where they all seemed to moan and groan at the sudden influx of us kickbackers. So I've been hooked addicted for about 5 years now. Probably managed to get over 20,000 posts a well!

11 years for me.

I was posting on the forerunner of Kickback in advance of the 1996 cup final as "Gorgie Boy". I seem to recall Scott Wilson being involved at least that far back.

For those that go back that far ... and I can certainly think of Geoff Kilpatrick from that period ... I organised 40 of us to pay 25 quid a head to do a kickback "500 club" membership. Inexplicably (in retrospect) we submiitted our contribution under the heartsfc.co.uk domain name rather than "kickback" !

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Been around in some shape or form since the Pieman days!

I'm not addicted though .... honest.

A few years ago now we got a team together and played in a competition at the new (then) Riccarton complex. We had a senior team and a junior team. From the guys I remember playing in it there was:

Mozzer (Hilarious guy)

Sooperstar (Not so much)

Fraggle (Later went on to sele my XBOX to him)

Gigalo-Aunt (Probably the only footballer bit of a queen though:D ahem Crespo)

Boabyarsebiscuit(needs to further introduction

Moncs(Crucial Goalie)

Neave(For a speccy he knew wehre the ball was!)

Makween (Really only turned up for comical value)

Camo(nippy we guy. Still is but not so much in the footballing sense)

Sorry for any of the other guys I forgot. Post up your names here to remind me.

I'm sure there was a picture of the teams kicking about somewhere. I'll try and find it on the net.

By the way, we were cheated out of the competition!

I'm not addicted i could quit posting anytime i wanted. I just dont want to ;)

actually everytime i pass the pc i have to have a quick check on JKB t osee wha tis happening lol

Many a year - away back to the Scott Wilson NIT chat days!

P.S - Scott Wilson NIT chat days - How long ago were those days?

Since then as well on and off.

Many a year - away back to the Scott Wilson NIT chat days!

P.S - Scott Wilson NIT chat days - How long ago were those days?

I think it must have been around 96 but I'm not 100% sure. Certainly used to like the Sunday night NIT Chat sessions with the likes of Grant Thorburn, Kev Littlejohns, Neilnunb, Diane, Pam, Bill Duff et'all. Those wiz the days

Cesnauskis+10
11 years for me.

I was posting on the forerunner of Kickback in advance of the 1996 cup final as "Gorgie Boy". I seem to recall Scott Wilson being involved at least that far back.

For those that go back that far ... and I can certainly think of Geoff Kilpatrick from that period ... I organised 40 of us to pay 25 quid a head to do a kickback "500 club" membership. Inexplicably (in retrospect) we submiitted our contribution under the heartsfc.co.uk domain name rather than "kickback" !

Speaking of Scott Wilson, where was he yesterday?

I started posting when it was on the official site.

I was called wing_wizard though.

There are a few posters i can remember like Japan Jambo and Bill Duff. That must have been about 10 years ago.

I think it must have been around 96 but I'm not 100% sure. Certainly used to like the Sunday night NIT Chat sessions with the likes of Grant Thorburn, Kev Littlejohns, Neilnunb, Diane, Pam, Bill Duff et'all. Those wiz the days
Cheers Tom I knew it was quite a while ago but I never thought it has been as long as that :eek:

About 1 and a half years.

I only stumbled across it when I was on the bbc forum and a link got put up. I was trying to join for quite a while before that and managed it under the name FBK_Kaunas (Flipping glad my computer kept screwing me with that name).

Hi my name is sked21 and I am a JKB addict.

Used to look under another name, lost password had to start again l need to see whats going on in kickback land first thing i do in the morning ,afternoon and night. think i have a problem :P

Commander Harris

I've come to kickback relatively recently, was probably viewing mid 2006, joined nov 2006 when guest viewing became a thing of the past but rarely posted until I paid my fiver in apr 2007 when I most definitely got hooked. Spend far too much time on here now!

considering I've been online since the mid 90s it took me long enough to find this place!

I started posting regularly during the 2003/2004 season.

Have been an addict since and have probably amassed about 15,000 posts in all since I joined.

I've come to kickback relatively recently, was probably viewing mid 2006, joined nov 2006 when guest viewing became a thing of the past but rarely posted until I paid my fiver in apr 2007 when I most definitely got hooked. Spend far too much time on here now!

considering I've been online since the mid 90s it took me long enough to find this place!

Not enough in my view. You're one of the most sensible posters on here!

loveofthegame

I never knew KB existed until i was told about it on the bus to Braga.

So i've been reading the board for about 3 1/2 years, but only really been an actively posting member for about 6 months- now im really addicted. Its really quite sad....

Just curious did everyones post count start from zero when it became KJB sorry I mean JKB?

Post counts have gone back to zero more than a few times.

Commander Harris
Not enough in my view. You're one of the most sensible posters on here!

cheers FJ, you're not too bad yourself :)

too fecking long!

think ive been on since the start of the Burley season. started off in the bbc forum (R.I.P) before moving onto the hard stuff.

First started reading the Scott Wilson run Kickback in about 97 through my 28.8 k modem, but rarely posted. My original name was JamboKAM.

I started in 1997, as Osoyoos Boy. Have been a fairly consistent regular since. Should have more posts than I have, but it seemed every time I was about to reach 500 something happened and we started again from scratch.:sad:

My addiction started in 2001, started uni and needed a real way for escaping essays and reports other than having the compulsion to clean the oven when an essay was due. I actually didnt really realise I was proper addicted until I went on holiday to Thailand a few years ago and had no PC access for 1st week it drove me insane not knowing what was happening on KB! Sad yes I know.

Is there a therapy group for all KB addicted people?:eek:

Archived