Tales of the unexpected.........

Debut 4

Could tomorrow be another one from Hearts? a result Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and the Hoboids didn`t expect?

I believe in my team and i don`t think negatively but i`m honest enough to say we`ll have to play well to beat even a mediocre Rangers side at Ibrox. Snecky won there a couple of weeks ago so who knows?

But i always take great pride and delight when Hearts take something off the OF when the rest think it`ll be a weekend to close the gap on us, it`s always a bonus as not many take points from the OF.

One of the most memorable in recent years was our comeback against Celtic to win 2-1 with Austin McCann`s winner. I think it was Killie who were chasing us for third and it really knocked the stuffing out of any hopes they had.

So, with DU playing cup winning Celtic and someone to lose ground in the game between the Hobos and the Sheep(or both), this weekend could(hopefully) turn out to be fruitful for Hearts, here`s hoping.:sunny:

No.

Theres something about Ibrox that just doesn't sit well with me.

I would love it if I'm wrong.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hearts are so ****ing unpredictable you just never know.

Put it this way, I won't have Rangers on my coupon even though I fully expect Hearts to get beat.

I think tomorrow is more about how the teams around us get on.

There is barely a player in the Rangers starting line-up who deserves any sort of respect or adulation from another professional footballer. If we are up for it there is no reason we can't go out there and win the game.

Ibrox does seem a tough trip for us though :(

By rights, we should probably dread these games given the amount of crap that happens...refereeing decisions aside, much of the time it's just about getting royally humped.

But I like the fact that I can get a bit excited about these games and that's because, every now and then, something brilliant happens. It might not seem like it happens very often but it certainly happens more often for us than it does for many other SPL sides.

So as with every other OF game, I'm definitely looking forward to it. If we lose it's not really a big deal, we almost expect that and the pressure is absolutely all on them...but there's always a wee chance that we might do better than that and beating the OF is sometimes just as good and occasionally more satisfying than beating Hibs.

You can expect the unexpected with these games, and that's the only reason I feel like we have anything to look forward to when we're up against the uglies.

Clerry Jambo
Could tomorrow be another one from Hearts? a result Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and the Hoboids didn`t expect?

I believe in my team and i don`t think negatively but i`m honest enough to say we`ll have to play well to beat even a mediocre Rangers side at Ibrox. Snecky won there a couple of weeks ago so who knows?

But i always take great pride and delight when Hearts take something off the OF when the rest think it`ll be a weekend to close the gap on us, it`s always a bonus as not many take points from the OF.

One of the most memorable in recent years was our comeback against Celtic to win 2-1 with Austin McCann`s winner. I think it was Killie who were chasing us for third and it really knocked the stuffing out of any hopes they had.

So, with DU playing cup winning Celtic and someone to lose ground in the game between the Hobos and the Sheep(or both), this weekend could(hopefully) turn out to be fruitful for Hearts, here`s hoping.:sunny:

Nice positive comments Debut4....................but don't be ridiculous.

best we can hope for is a narrow defeat, Celtic win and a hobo draw.

Thank you:sunny:

I dont see why we cant go to Ibrox and get a result Rangers have just about all of their first choice defence out suspended or injured (which should make it a bit more even since we rarely play play with strikers).

gowestjambo
I dont see why we cant go to Ibrox and get a result Rangers have just about all of their first choice defence out suspended or injured (which should make it a bit more even since we rarely play play with strikers).

I dont think we would score against Irvine Meadow never mind rangers! maybe if Nade has 20 attempts at goal we might get one!

As bad as the are I cannot see even a point being won there....

portobellojambo1

I think it depends very much on how we approach this fixture Debut 4. If we can all sit and watch Rangers on the telly, and immediately spot the huge flaws in their defence it seems reasonably safe to assume that the Hearts backroom staff are seeing exactly what we are seeing, and set the team up accordingly. If we go and sit in, and allow Rangers to take control of the midfield, chances are we will not get anything. However, if we set out our stall to take the game to them as often as possible I see no reason why we cannot come home mega happy. In Uly's SPL predictor doodah I have gone for a 2-0 win to Hearts, if we can get that I will have a 'jolly' good weekend.

(What last weekend's CIS Cup Final proved was that as well as being weak in defence the likes of Davis and Mendes look very ordinary when they are on the back foot and under pressure).

gowestjambo
I think it depends very much on how we approach this fixture Debut 4. If we can all sit and watch Rangers on the telly, and immediately spot the huge flaws in their defence it seems reasonably safe to assume that the Hearts backroom staff are seeing exactly what we are seeing, and set the team up accordingly. If we go and sit in, and allow Rangers to take control of the midfield, chances are we will not get anything. However, if we set out our stall to take the game to them as often as possible I see no reason why we cannot come home mega happy. In Uly's SPL predictor doodah I have gone for a 2-0 win to Hearts, if we can get that I will have a 'jolly' good weekend.

I sincerely hope you are right, however, we could have played all day against hibs and not scored, we beat motherwell who played better football than us with 2 long throws, and managed 1 shot on target against Duindee Utd, we have carried lots of luck which I think has eventually run out, but I hope you are right..........

portobellojambo1
I sincerely hope you are right, however, we could have played all day against hibs and not scored, we beat motherwell who played better football than us with 2 long throws, and managed 1 shot on target against Duindee Utd, we have carried lots of luck which I think has eventually run out, but I hope you are right..........

There were a lot of 'ifs' in my post gowestjambo. But there again if you took away the ifs, buts and maybes it just wouldn't be HMFC. I agree with what you say re. Easter Road last week, to say that was a 'bad day at the office' is an understatement. I agree we have also rode our luck on occasions in games, but sometimes you need a bit of luck. If the situation had been reversed at ER last week and Nade had attempted a header that then came off his shoulder and nestled in the net we would all have left relatively happy. As football fans we go to games in the hope our team will win, to me a good/excellent performance on top of a win is a bonus, I am more than happy with a win (if my prediction of 2-0 tomorrow comes about as a result of two flukey goals or two own goals I will accept them).

A new hero will be born at the dark place and he will be wearing maroon!we shall all hail the man known as Robbie " goal of the season at ibrox" neilson!!!!!!!

What we know is that tomorrow we'll be well organised and we'll definately put up a good fight in the midfield and keep it pretty tight at the back so who knows what might happen. We lost our first two games against the OF 2-0, then beat Rangers 2-1 and got a good draw at Parkhead, so we've made a bit of progress in our results against them and Csaba knows exactly whats required. Rangers have been pretty rotten recently, they'll be missing a first choice centre-back or two so if we can carry a bit of luck then we might just get something.

That said, with all this optimism we'll probably get trounced 4-0.

Ron Burgundy

I think it is possible we might sneak a win.

I think it is far more likely we will sit back and get pumped by 3 or 4.

Charlie-Brown
I think it is possible we might sneak a win.

I think it is far more likely we will sit back and get pumped by 3 or 4.

We must kill them in the field and we have the possibility to do this to the Rangers, on saturday, we must play the successful football not the nice football, I want my team to win. :yes2:

For all the bluster coming from other clubs about how they would overhaul us and we're a lucky, poor side, they've done a **** poor job of catching us despite some ropey results in the last couple of months.

Not sure what we will get at Ibrox but over the course, it won't matter. The rest just aren't good enough.

Jam Tarts 1874

It's a pity that we don't have our strongest team available. I wouldn't be surprised to see it end 0-0 which would be OK.

Let hope so!

Theres absolutely no reason why we shudn't beat this sheeeet! oh wait..apart but the sfa, but feck it, lets beat them to!

Mon hearts get into this ****e!!!!!

Great Hearts sides have disappeared up their own a***s at Ibrox before, why should I expect anything from the current bunch of scrap we have playing for us, but get right intae the weegie f'ers anyway

janie jones

The secret of any success away to both of the OF is to take the game to them early on and not let them settle into a pattern of being camped in our own half.

It worked a treat at Parkhead and IMO gives the players confidence, getting pleny of the ball early on, etc and with losing their last two games, if we go a goal up the currant's will be frothing at the mouth.

1 nil and redemption for Christian, from villain to hero in a week!

I really hope so.

However I do fear that we will sit back so far that they will have plenty of chances to win. The only chance we have of winning IMO is going at them OR getting to half time nil nil and sneaking a goal in the second half.

well, surely todays result just scrapes into the book of "tales" as a draw at Fester makes this result so much better.

Now, and reluctantly, i hope the Celtique turnover DU. I think DU will give them a game because we know the OF aren`t invincible but United`s form has been cagey.

A long way to go but points now count as much as they do at the end of the season. Especially if the rest don`t scrape points off the OF in the remainder of the season.

Well done Hearts.

Clerry Jambo
Nice positive comments Debut4....................but don't be ridiculous.

best we can hope for is a narrow defeat, Celtic win and a hobo draw.

Thank you:sunny:

Delighted to shove my own words down my BIG gob, i did think we were on a wee hammering at H/T but well done for a spirited fightback which the manager must take some credit for.

Delighted to shove my own words down my BIG gob, i did think we were on a wee hammering at H/T but well done for a spirited fightback which the manager must take some credit for.
Exactly why the whole club, from fans to players(not all, some), need to change their mentality.:hanged:

We`ll never break the OF barrier if we keep accepting a point or it`ll be difficult to get anything before a ball is kicked Clerry.:hammer:

Archived