Tynecastle video from 1980

Boozyuzi

That was good, thanks.

I see there's quite a few stadiums featured from 1980: what was the purpose for this?

I just makes we want to hop into a time machine and go back to see a game at the old Tyneastle.

I suppose Hearts V Bayern Munich is out of the question?

Buffalo Bill

Worst thing the club ever did was putting benches in the shed from the refreshment stall to the start of the corner. That part of the shed as was the whole shed was made for standing and standing only.

John

Winston Ingram

Funny, the old stand looks really big in that video.. My earliest memory of Tynie (mid 80's) was sitting in that stand as a wee kid and being scared at the height of it!! Seems ridiculous now given the size of other stands, and the steepness of our own other 3.

It was the fence round the perimeter that I had forgotten about. :yadayada:

People talk about the Tynecastle atmostphere now, but I remember the Bayern Munich coach in 1989 talking about the noise, 27,500 Hearts supporters made the night we beat them and especially the closeness to the pitch.

Bring back the Terracing.:)

Funny, the old stand looks really big in that video.. My earliest memory of Tynie (mid 80's) was sitting in that stand as a wee kid and being scared at the height of it!! Seems ridiculous now given the size of other stands, and the steepness of our own other 3.

My earliest memories were mid eighties also but it was rivers of pi$h and skinheads at the back of the shed that scared me;)

My earliest memories were mid eighties also but it was rivers of pi$h and skinheads at the back of the shed that scared me;)

I remember the yellow rivers while standing at the back of the shed, but the skinheads, cant remember them?

Even though the terraces have gone, we've still got one of the most cracking stadiums for atmosphere anywhere. Times change, but they were great days, feel sorry for the lads who didn't experience those times.

Hearts 3-2 Hibs 1983

Weird!!!

I thought I started this thread last week.

:confused:

I was wondering why it had popped up again!:eek:

Archived