Water retention after exercise

Jamboy81

It never ceases to amaze me how much water i can take on after exercise, last night after fives i drank at least 5 or 6 pints of water without really thinking about it. I do sweat, although not overly so and exercise 4 or 5 times a week so consider myself to be fit. I struggled to go for a pee before bed and rarely need a humungous pish in the morning like you might expect so am i just to assume this is my body's natural water retention?

Optimus Prime
It never ceases to amaze me how much water i can take on after exercise, last night after fives i drank at least 5 or 6 pints of water without really thinking about it. I do sweat, although not overly so and exercise 4 or 5 times a week so consider myself to be fit. I struggled to go for a pee before bed and rarely need a humungous pish in the morning like you might expect so am i just to assume this is my body's natural water retention?

It is. Your body is about 65% water (i think), so you are just replacing the fluid you lost.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I also do quite a bit of exercise and I drink litres of water a day but I rarely need a pish.

You get guys that need a pish after a sip of water, must just be a bigger bladder as well as exercise.

So you are just replacing the fluid you lost.
WHS.

If it's hot and/or you are doing intensive excercise and sweating off water (or you are just a sweaty barsteward) it needs to be 'topped up' just to keep yourself going and the body will retain most of it. Otherwise, contrary to the (rather vague) myth that you need 8-10 glasses of water a day, there is not a great need to drink much water other than when you are thirsty as you get a lot of fluid from food :earmuffs:.

Archived