Well done, Dunfermline

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I would have put this in the Sheep v Pars thread, but it wouldn't seem right mixed in with all the Tangoman gloating. I didn't know that Jim Leishman's wife had died last month or that Greg Shields' dad also passed away yesterday morning, but their team did them proud here.

So an even bigger well done, Pars - I've never minded you lot, even though my first ever Hearts game was a defeat at East End Park.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Victory-is-dedicated-to-Shields.5086787.jp

I would have put this in the Sheep v Pars thread, but it wouldn't seem right mixed in with all the Tangoman gloating. I didn't know that Jim Leishman's wife had died last month or that Greg Shields' dad also passed away yesterday morning, but their team did them proud here.

So an even bigger well done, Pars - I've never minded you lot, even though my first ever Hearts game was a defeat at East End Park.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Victory-is-dedicated-to-Shields.5086787.jp

I'll second that mate....lets hope they get to the final and allow Big Leish to lead them out,as he is an old friend and all in good guy!

As much as I don't have any axe to grind with Jim Leishman or Greg Shields themselves, I care little for Dunfermline. Horrible wee club.

I hope Falkirk pump them out of the cup and that they fail to get promoted.

Charlie-Brown
As much as I don't have any axe to grind with Jim Leishman or Greg Shields themselves, I care little for Dunfermline. Horrible wee club.

I hope Falkirk pump them out of the cup and that they fail to get promoted.

Any reason why BH? Wouldn't say I was a fan of Dunfy but don't have any particular axe to grind with them, in fact I prefer away trips to the East coast / Central clubs like Dunfermline, Raith, Dundee, St Johnstone, Livingston & Falkirk etc than trips through West........

Any reason why BH? Wouldn't say I was a fan of Dunfy but don't have any particular axe to grind with them, in fact I prefer away trips to the East coast / Central clubs like Dunfermline, Raith, Dundee, St Johnstone, Livingston & Falkirk etc than trips through West........

Their owner is an ****.

He has a history of being anti Hearts.

Their manky fans laughably seem to see us as their rivals.

Also, it seems to have been forgotten that the horrible manager that is being laughed at for his rubbishness last night is at his second club in Scotland. He didn't like us when he was there either.

I too quite enjoy going to Dunfermline but I also enjoy going to Easter Road, that doesn't make me like Hibs.

I'd like to see them pump Falkirk out the cup and Falkirk to get relegated. A great end to the season for Yogi and co. :biglaugh:

Buffalo Bill

Fantastic result for Dunfermline and well done for beating the Rubiks.

As for the club, I don't like them or their band of angry teenage fans but I'd much rather have them in the SPL than St Mirren CSC.

EEP is always an easy away trip to make, although I think my beloved Thirty Kirstys is now shut.

Buffalo Bill

Their owner is an ****.

He has a history of being anti Hearts.

Their manky fans laughably seem to see us as their rivals.

Also, it seems to have been forgotten that the horrible manager that is being laughed at for his rubbishness last night is at his second club in Scotland. He didn't like us when he was there either.

I too quite enjoy going to Dunfermline but I also enjoy going to Easter Road, that doesn't make me like Hibs.

Aye spot on. Most of my mates are loyal Dunfermline fans and they hate hearts.

Optimus Prime

Never had a problem with the Pars and the West Port Bar is one of the best for a pre match away drink.

Chris Benoit
Never had a problem with the Pars and the West Port Bar is one of the best for a pre match away drink.

That'lle the one on the other side of the town from the East Port ;)

The Old Tolbooth

Always had a soft spot for the Pars, and one of my nieghbours is a huge fan of them and goes to most games, I'd like to see them win it for him.

Craigy_Jambo4Life

Incidentally, do the winners of the Falkirk-Dunfermline tie get a Eurpean place next Season?

Incidentally, do the winners of the Falkirk-Dunfermline tie get a Eurpean place next Season?

If they get Rangers in the final, aye.

Optimus Prime
That'lle the one on the other side of the town from the East Port ;)

Ah...I always get that wrong. :disappointed:

Optimus Prime
If they get Rangers in the final, aye.

If the Pars win it'll be the 4th year in a row that a first division team has qualified for Europe after Gretna 06, Dunfermline 07 and Queen of the South 08.

As nice as it would be to have some interest in this due to Hearts being involved, the sheep getting put out has had a large smile on my face.........go feck yourself Tango.:sunny:

I'll second that mate....lets hope they get to the final and allow Big Leish to lead them out,as he is an old friend and all in good guy!

Jim is a friend of the family and was gracious enough to turn up at the old mans funeral. He was also coming in to the ranks at Dunfermline when the old man played for them and dare I say it, beat hearts in the cup final back in 66-67. (The old man didn't play in the final because of cartliage trouble).

I also played a few reserve games with big Jim under Harry Melrose before I came to the States.

Didn't know that his wife passed away. Condolences to him and his family.

For some reason, Dunfermline always seem to have good cup runs from time to time.

winston churchill

a sad day for scottish football.

i was hoping that tangos youngest team in the wurld ken would reach the final.

Jim is a friend of the family and was gracious enough to turn up at the old mans funeral. He was also coming in to the ranks at Dunfermline when the old man played for them and dare I say it, beat hearts in the cup final back in 66-67. (The old man didn't play in the final because of cartliage trouble).

I also played a few reserve games with big Jim under Harry Melrose before I came to the States.

Didn't know that his wife passed away. Condolences to him and his family.

For some reason, Dunfermline always seem to have good cup runs from time to time.

I remember your old man well,especially when he papped Bobby Lennox on the hooter with the ball:biglaugh:

Im going to nip in and see Jim soon to see how hes doing,but ill wait till hes back on the ball and up to a blether....he is a special guy in my book.

People in the media also seemed to have missed that Falkirk V Dunfermline is for them a massive derby, if they held the semi at Tynie there would be an atmosphere to rival our derby, i've been to a falkirk v dunf derby and they hate hate each other.

People in the media also seemed to have missed that Falkirk V Dunfermline is for them a massive derby, if they held the semi at Tynie there would be an atmosphere to rival our derby, i've been to a falkirk v dunf derby and they hate hate each other.

Yip...theres a wee bit hatred to say the least:yes2:

Chris Benoit

Heard the folk on the radio call it the Kincardine Bridge Derby i've always called it the Imaginary Derby myself.

On a sidenote Dunfermline must have the best record in the Scottish cup outside the OF this century*, 3 finals i think, can't think of anyone else who's done that

* i know we're only in the 9th year but a not bad record all the same

I remember your old man well,especially when he papped Bobby Lennox on the hooter with the ball:biglaugh:

Im going to nip in and see Jim soon to see how hes doing,but ill wait till hes back on the ball and up to a blether....he is a special guy in my book.

I remember that day very well. I asked him (dad) about why he did that and said that Lennox had been niggling him all the match, BUT, when he shoved the ball towards his coupon, he never actually touched him.

I remember having to wait an extra long while after the game as some of their supporters were after his blood.

Still got Jim's mobile number on my desk. Please pass on my condolences.

Cheers

shaun.lawson

I don't like Dunfermline Athletic FC. But I've always liked Jim Leishman, who's an absolute legend in many ways; and anyone that makes Jimmy Calderwood cry (or as near as dammit) is alright by me.

Also, if it wasn't for the point that it'll harm our European hopes, I think it'd be brilliant for Scottish football if a smaller club win the Cup for once. As it is, I'll laugh and laugh if Rangers somehow don't win it. Just as long as it's not St Mirren who do so instead, that is.

Pete Seeger

I'm glad they're through to the semis and fingers crossed they pap Falkirk. I've always hated Falkirk. A horrible miserable set of supporters.

Archived