Standing in the terraces petition

DOZEY

Dunfermline fans are currently petitioning the Scotish Parliament again for a controled standing area in East End Park.

If they were successful, it could pave the way for other clubs such as ourselves to have a designated standing area, although at present the SPL would not allow it, with the likes of QoS & Ross County stregnthening year on year if a club was to be promoted to the SPL with terracing, the chaps at Dunfermline are hopeful that the SPL would allow the use of these if they are successful.

If anyone is interested in adding their signature to the petition, the link is below.

http://epetitions.scottish.parliament.uk/sign_petition.asp

scots civil war

signed chief,nice

what a ****ing farce all that sitting down is eh

the grounds arent even full and yet they want you to sit

Guest Dipped Flake

Signed, absolute joke that we are forced to sit in half-empty grounds while in Germany they play to large crowds and have standing areas in all of them. Standing areas are just as safe as seated ones, the only thing that needs to be controlled is the number of people allowed in to a standing section.

signed, this could end up being the only good thing to come out of Dunfermline :earmuffs:

Was gonna say apart from the Bridges, but even one of those is knackard.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I would sign but these petitions come up all the time. What we would need is an MSP who would genuinely push for this, otherwise it's pointless.

Bring back standing... it's no even dangerous

Gorgie Rule

Dunfermline can stick it up their farter.

The British F.A.'s made their decision post Taylor report to outlaw terracing. They were not made to do so by the report, they simply chose to.

Even if a lower league club like Dunfermline get some sort of grace, it will be removed as soon as they are promoted, if they are ever promoted, as the constraints are further embellished by the SPL's own rules; 10,000 all seater stadia necessary for entry.

Charlie-Brown
Dunfermline can stick it up their farter.

The British F.A.'s made their decision post Taylor report to outlaw terracing. They were not made to do so by the report, they simply chose to.

Even if a lower league club like Dunfermline get some sort of grace, it will be removed as soon as they are promoted, if they are ever promoted, as the constraints are further embellished by the SPL's own rules; 10,000 all seater stadia necessary for entry.

I agree with the main points of your post BH - one minor point is that the SPL relaxed their rules to 6K seats which enabled Falkirk & Inverness to play home games in the SPL.

I think the rules on all-seated stadia should be amended and terracing areas re-introduced should clubs to do so.

Craig Herbertson

I'd sign it if I could find it. I liked standing - more atmosphere.

I tried the lnk but all I found were petitions and none of them seemed to be about Dunfermline

I agree with the main points of your post BH - one minor point is that the SPL relaxed their rules to 6K seats which enabled Falkirk & Inverness to play home games in the SPL.

I think the rules on all-seated stadia should be amended and terracing areas re-introduced should clubs to do so.

So they did, I forgot that.

As for your last bit, I don't disagree. However I do not see it as being remotely possible at the moment. I certainly have no inclination to help Dunfermline either.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Dunfermline fans are currently petitioning the Scotish Parliament again for a controled standing area in East End Park.

If they were successful, it could pave the way for other clubs such as ourselves to have a designated standing area, although at present the SPL would not allow it, with the likes of QoS & Ross County stregnthening year on year if a club was to be promoted to the SPL with terracing, the chaps at Dunfermline are hopeful that the SPL would allow the use of these if they are successful.

If anyone is interested in adding their signature to the petition, the link is below.

Signed.

signed.

Stood in the terraces at cardiff's ninian park a couple of weeks back. theyre moving into a new all seater in the summer and are all gutted about the prospect of no terracing. the atmosphere standing up just has something extra about it.

BRING BACK THE TERRACES.

Save your cyber breath - it's not going to happen so no point signing.

signed.

Stood in the terraces at cardiff's ninian park a couple of weeks back. theyre moving into a new all seater in the summer and are all gutted about the prospect of no terracing. the atmosphere standing up just has something extra about it.

BRING BACK THE TERRACES.

Its my new home ground, been to their last few games. Atmosphere is brilliant. Got my tickets for the jacks visit on the 5th. Need to stay up all night as its an 11am k.o. Terracing for a derby will be great.

They are all gutted about moving up to the plastic stadium up the road. Its nice from the inside but bowfing from the outside. Plus its fully seated and you cant have a tab at half time outside, prob have to sneak to the bogs.

• 2 weeks later...
Save your cyber breath - it's not going to happen so no point signing.

it's not going to happen with that attitude!

It will never happen at the top level.

Even if folks stand now at least the seats give some space.

Terracing has gone, and for big crowds it is dangerous anyway.

Too much of that crushing in the past.

For smaller crowds it is fine - so will never suit the Hearts again! :angelic:

signed, this could end up being the only good thing to come out of Dunfermline :earmuffs:

The Skids were quite good.

No point me signing it, as by the time i get to most games

im past the point of standing.

All ten of them, i stand at fitba anyawy as do all around me

Well obviously some of the people "around" you will have to stand if you're standing. Do you sit down if asked politely?

I'll spare you my usual rant about my old dad giving up going to matches after sitting behind a group of standers (well, there's the shorter version).

As it happens, I stand too quite often, but in the back row.

I've no objection to standing sections, but it's never going to happen and, I think, unfortunate timing for this campaign, 20th anniversary of Hillsborough (sp).

It will never happen at the top level.

Even if folks stand now at least the seats give some space.

Terracing has gone, and for big crowds it is dangerous anyway.

Too much of that crushing in the past.

For smaller crowds it is fine - so will never suit the Hearts again! :angelic:

there is huge standing sections in germany's Bundesliga, and theres no problems with it there in the top league, and with massive attendances too. too much crushing in the past, yes, but let's leave that in the past

We have a standing section at Tynecastle.

It's known as Section N.

and what happens when (IF!!) the main stand is rebuilt?

Won't happen.

Purely from the safety perspective, in an all-seater ground, people that have got in without tickets won't be able to take a seat (in a sell-out match) - no risk of crushing.

Hillsborough (sp?) was caused by the police and stewards letting in a substantial number of people without tickets and in terracing you have a problem.

As others have said, the FAs of Scotland and England support the Taylor report, and the Police will never advocate returning to terracing.

My farts have more influence than an online petition.

Does anyone have any evidence whatsoever of an online petition having ever acheived its purpose?

Smoked-Glass

we need to move on from 1989 and realise that we can have safe standing areas at football games ffs.

Miller Jambo 60
we need to move on from 1989 and realise that we can have safe standing areas at football games ffs.

Im for standing , gets the atmosphere going like in section N .

The fact of the matter is that all-seated stadia is considered safer, and there is no compelling reason or will in the powers that be to change it.

Anyway, Tynie is considered to be one of the most atmospheric grounds in the country is it not?

Archived