Tynie catering, a disgrace?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

For the 4th home game in a row now I have went for my usual half time pie, or whatever is left, and have been more or less first in the queue only to be told that there is no steak pies left, no mince pies left, no hot dogs left, and no burgers left.

There were literally hundreds, possibly over a thousand people queueing for refreshments in the form of food and drinks at half time and almost everyone would have been dissappointed yet again.

Whoever makes the order for the amount of pies to be ordered in before the game needs booted in the stones as hard as possible! How the hell can we be sold outta pies BEFORE the half time queues form ffs????

It's a helluva way to cater for 16000 fans at a major sporting event!!

What was it like in the 3 other stands? The Wheatfield is sold out every week before half time.

They are shocking. Azure I think it is. Pricing the lot needs scrapped. See hibs are looking for new catering team aswell and there one Was Azure!

The Old Tolbooth
I try not and eat that muck if i can help it.

Think of it as another couple of days on your lifetime.

I'm past saving mate :confused:

Peter Olivers Army

I've never understood why fans feel the need to stuff their faces at a game.

Okay, it's their right I know, but surely if you are that desperate you can pick something up before or after a game at a third of the cost!

The only places it is worthwhile buying anything is at junior grounds, where the pies are hot and fresh and cheap, Musselburgh for instance!

mulleted_jambo

to be fair you should have been happy there were no pies left. a half cold yet burnt pie stuck like super glue to a metal container doesn't really do it for me.

Robbos Right Peg

The Wheatfield is sold out every week before half time.

My mate RH goes down about 3.35pm try beating him by a few minutes and there might be some left ;) Sorry RH but you know it's true

Went for a pie myself today, first time in ages. 5 mins before ht and no mince pies. Is that not the time most want something to eat or drink? Thats in old stand before ht over the shutters come down. GET A GRIP.

Guest S.U.S.S.
For the 4th home game in a row now I have went for my usual half time pie, or whatever is left, and have been more or less first in the queue only to be told that there is no steak pies left, no mince pies left, no hot dogs left, and no burgers left.

There were literally hundreds, possibly over a thousand people queueing for refreshments in the form of food and drinks at half time and almost everyone would have been dissappointed yet again.

Whoever makes the order for the amount of pies to be ordered in before the game needs booted in the stones as hard as possible! How the hell can we be sold outta pies BEFORE the half time queues form ffs????

What was it like in the 3 other stands? The Wheatfield is sold out every week before half time.

Pop round to section G, always stuff left there. Not been let down yet this season, although dont get a pie often when i do they have them.

The only thing I miss about Dunfermline is the away trips to East End Park - IMHO the only decent grub at a football ground in Scotland.

Hearts stuff is horrendously bad....

Hundreds ow paes in the old main lower ,section N.

But christ the steak was dry, hard crust and the steak was missing.......:sad:

Have to say we need a new company now! F.A.S i vote for....;)

Went for a pie myself today, first time in ages. 5 mins before ht and no mince pies. Is that not the time most want something to eat or drink? Thats in old stand before ht over the shutters come down. GET A GRIP.

Aye, I usually shat myself when the lassie slams the shutter down roundabout 4:15.............today is was down before the game restarted :eek:

Seriously poor customer service.........regardless how inedible it is !

Son Of Anarchy

Do the sensible thing then mate,go to the dellie on Gorgie Rd and get a couple of Bains pies to take in.easily the best pies anywhere,isnt that why pockets were invented?;)

Pre-match: Marvid's cafe. Maradona 1989. Quality.

Wheatfield Stand: chips and curry sauce, it's the only option. 8/10.

Post match: Diggers steak pie; awesome.

Or away from the match: a nice bit of sushi.

Jonny Mitchell: Sorry bro; Tynecastle 'official' food sucks.

HMFC: sort it out.

Buffalo Bill

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I always get a steak pie and bovril before the game starts. I just have an 'illegal' ciggie at half time.

:)

The only thing I miss about Dunfermline is the away trips to East End Park - IMHO the only decent grub at a football ground in Scotland.

Hearts stuff is horrendously bad....

I rarely buy food at matches but Dunfermline has been the only place that I can describe the food as anywhere near palatable.

Think they use a local baker or something.

It shows...

Dunfermline use Stephens the bakers for their steak bridies, the clincher why I moved there :D

They are rather good. Mind you I like the steak pies at Tynie and always plenty near section E. :cat:

Lisan all of youse ah heard a rumar that Herts are going intae adminastrashun and cannae afoard to pay the catarars. Dont chute the mesengar.

They are rather good. Mind you I like the steak pies at Tynie and always plenty near section E. :cat:

That's where we sit hunny!!!

lets say John was not a happy bunny not getting his pie:rolleyes:

There is really only one pie in Edinburgh, and possibly the world.

Stenhouse Cross.

Bains

Buffalo Bill

Stenhouse Cross.

Bains

Buffalo Bill

Absolutely agree, apparently they sell them in the deli on Gorgie Road

*****John take note*****:P

Stenhouse Cross.

Bains

Buffalo Bill

Truer words never spoken. Awesome pies there.

That's where we sit hunny!!!

lets say John was not a happy bunny not getting his pie:rolleyes:

I didn't get one today though I usually get my 2 ( don't tell the wife ) before the game starts. :P

to be fair you should have been happy there were no pies left. a half cold yet burnt pie stuck like super glue to a metal container doesn't really do it for me.

Hahaha.... good description.

Stenhouse Cross.

Bains

Buffalo Bill

Agreed...

Agreed...

Wrong - the best pies, anywhere in the UK, and I have been to a lot of grounds, are the chicken balti pies at the Emirates - although they can be found at over 40 other football grounds in the UK - check them out: http://www.shirefoods.com/products.htm

(I have also eaten a fu*k load of pies incidentally!!)

john brownlee

Maybe the caterers were reading KB and thought the boycott was on this week so they didn't order enough pies and stuff

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

I used to be able to get a hot dog at the wee cart they have behind section A at half time, but today some wee kids went up and got one each, even though they're huge, and they sold out one person before me. Alas, I went to wait in a queue for a proper outlet, but they had sold out aswell. Maybe its to prevent waste?

Well more fool those that pay it.

What a joke.

Young laddie in front of me was moaning about it at the Hibs game.

I noticed he had bought another one yesterday though.

:confused:

The catering is pretty awful which considering we have an outside caterer on contract (sodexho?) is ridicolous

We clearly arent getting what we pay for

The staff annoy me more though, yesterday was the first time in ages were the staff in the main stand cubicle actually spoke english you could understand

Well more fool those that pay it.

What a joke.

I too paid ?2 for a carton of Ribena.

But I had a mouth like Saddam Hussain's fox hole at the time.

Buffalo Bill

Archived